Vox player for OSX
Nov 28, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 46
Thank you! VOX is my "go to" player. The ability to "Synchronize sample rate with the application" is a great addition! Now my Wyred 4 Sound DAC matches the native sample rate of the media! Nice! Is this "bit perfect?" 

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #18 of 46
I'm using 2.8 BETA 2 of VOX and it does change my Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1's bit/rate according to the media file. I don't know if that means "bit perfect," but it's nice to see my hi-rez media reflected on DAC. 

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #20 of 46
I use it! ... a lot.

Sure beats the hell out of iTunes...

I use Audirvana a bit, too, but generally don't like the sloppy-fat interface.

Aug 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #21 of 46
Vox is great, but after upgrading to Lion I've been experiencing random crashes, it's probably my machine. I've been using Decibel as an alternative so far (http://sbooth.org/Decibel/).

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #22 of 46
I have yet to go to Lion.It makes me nervous for many applications I use.

I figure to give it a month or 2 then switch.

Vox seems like a very smoothly written app so far so I think it's fair to wait.
It's not exactly a big corporate thing.It's written and developed by a lone student so I think we owe it to him to be patient.

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #24 of 46
Pure Music does look interesting.I admit to not trying it yet.Mostly based on my hatred of itunes which Pure Music resembles.

I do understand that this resemblance is only it's superficial appearance but I have an irrational(and purely subjective) phobia of anything that even remotely looks like itunes.

Maybe I should get over it and give it a try.

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #25 of 46
Great program!!!!! it's a shame it doesn't works with lion, i have random crashes, i hope an update is in the works, congrats to the coder.

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #27 of 46
Now Vox is Lion compatible!!!!!!

http://voxapp.didgeroo.com/forums/thread-289.html

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #28 of 46
I use Vox only. Also own Amarra and tried puremusic but Vox is just so simple, quick, and intuitive (not to mention free!). I run OSX 10.7.2 and haven't had any problems w/ Vox whatsoever; can't say the same about the rest. Audirvana is also nice but like the other guy, don't care much for the UI. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back