Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Oct 5, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #737 of 873
For those who are interested in Vorzamp Pure II +.

It's on sale now on Vorzuge website: $615.00 $553.50

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #739 of 873
I might need to order a replacement battery for my vorzuge pure II+. Do I get the 3.7V battery listed for pure II ($43) in the website?

Correct!  

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #741 of 873
Happy New Year everyone!
I'm looking for a portable amp to use with my AK240 and came across the Pure II+, which seems just what I need.
What interconnect cable do you recommend?
Any need for a dac?
I have Mr. Speakers' Ether and Shure's SE846.
Thanks a lot!

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #742 of 873
Mm..pure 2 plus accepts analog only and my preferred interconnect is silver (ak crystal cable next). The 240 and p2plus is a very good combo (and a favorite) that I can easily recommend for both in-ears (including sensitive ones) and headphones. Very handy, too.

Have you considered the Mojo (same price point)? More versatile.

Jan 2, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #743 of 873
I recommend the dita truth interconnect!

I would also recommend you consider the Mojo as well. The Pure 2 probably would give you a more impressive soundstage, but in terms of resolution, finesse, etc, the mojo will be a step ahead. This is from someone who sold the pure 2 for the mojo. 

Also, despite the Pure 2's high gain mode, I personally found it to be best suited to earphones and perhaps easy to drive headphones. Driving anything harder usually doesn't give the best results to my ears. Things start to thin out and the sound starts to lose its composure. With the mojo however, it remains authoritative throughout :)

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #744 of 873
Nice guys, thanks for the advices!
I did read great things about the Mojo, but a couple of things I don't like about it: it doesn't have a volume knob and it's pretty ugly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Lol
I know Chord announced they're coming up with 3 new products at CES, hopefully it'll be a nicer looking amp/dac.
I also got a recommendation for the ALO Continental V5. Anyone tried it?

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #746 of 873
Nice guys, thanks for the advices!
I did read great things about the Mojo, but a couple of things I don't like about it: it doesn't have a volume knob and it's pretty ugly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Lol
I know Chord announced they're coming up with 3 new products at CES, hopefully it'll be a nicer looking amp/dac.
I also got a recommendation for the ALO Continental V5. Anyone tried it?

It should be interesting once Chord officially announce their new products for 2017. I am sure there will be something for Mojo fans 
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #747 of 873
hey! happy pure 2 owner here -- does anyone have experience driving the new Sennheiser hd 800s out of the pure 2? how is it? (worried about sibiliance (the  pure 2 has a very forward treble) and impedance problems)

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #749 of 873
Wow thats a heck of a comparison there. The fiio e12 doesnt even come remotely close as a portable amp. It performs quite a few levels higher in just about every aspect. And yes it would be able to drive the hd700 somewhat adequately, not fantastic but adequate.

would you elaborate, i have a fairly good HP and iem base. and i was actually thinking of getting the new A5 for the fostex th-x00 and my 1964 v6stage, if i do buy something like the vorzüge is it really that different. i use the dx90 to power the v6s

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #750 of 873
Would prefer a bit treble roll off and meaty mids, i have a really treble sensitive ear.
any recommendations ? for IEMS like 70% of the time and a sony 1rmk2 and th-x00 the rest 30% . the 650s would use tube all the time.

cheers
BS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back