1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by shigzeo, Jan 6, 2014.
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53
  1. EagleWings
    Any vorzamp pure II + owners gonna be attending the RMAF Canjam?
  2. tomwoo
    For those who are interested in Vorzamp Pure II +.
    It's on sale now on Vorzuge website: $615.00 $553.50
  3. carps
    I might need to order a replacement battery for my vorzuge pure II+. Do I get the 3.7V battery listed for pure II ($43) in the website?
  4. stevemiddie
  5. carps
    Thanks so much
  6. samycinema
    Happy New Year everyone!
    I'm looking for a portable amp to use with my AK240 and came across the Pure II+, which seems just what I need.
    What interconnect cable do you recommend?
    Any need for a dac?
    I have Mr. Speakers' Ether and Shure's SE846.
    Thanks a lot!
  7. raypin
    Mm..pure 2 plus accepts analog only and my preferred interconnect is silver (ak crystal cable next). The 240 and p2plus is a very good combo (and a favorite) that I can easily recommend for both in-ears (including sensitive ones) and headphones. Very handy, too.

    Have you considered the Mojo (same price point)? More versatile.
  8. WCDchee
    I recommend the dita truth interconnect!
    I would also recommend you consider the Mojo as well. The Pure 2 probably would give you a more impressive soundstage, but in terms of resolution, finesse, etc, the mojo will be a step ahead. This is from someone who sold the pure 2 for the mojo. 

    Also, despite the Pure 2's high gain mode, I personally found it to be best suited to earphones and perhaps easy to drive headphones. Driving anything harder usually doesn't give the best results to my ears. Things start to thin out and the sound starts to lose its composure. With the mojo however, it remains authoritative throughout :)
  9. samycinema
    Nice guys, thanks for the advices!
    I did read great things about the Mojo, but a couple of things I don't like about it: it doesn't have a volume knob and it's pretty ugly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Lol
    I know Chord announced they're coming up with 3 new products at CES, hopefully it'll be a nicer looking amp/dac.
    I also got a recommendation for the ALO Continental V5. Anyone tried it?
  10. raypin
    Mm..yeah I know what you mean about the design of the Mojo. It is not exactly Red Dot material. Lol! But it delivers.
  11. AlanYWM
    It should be interesting once Chord officially announce their new products for 2017. I am sure there will be something for Mojo fans [​IMG]
  12. Marat Sar
    hey! happy pure 2 owner here -- does anyone have experience driving the new Sennheiser hd 800s out of the pure 2? how is it? (worried about sibiliance (the  pure 2 has a very forward treble) and impedance problems)
  13. shigzeo Contributor
  14. bharat2580

    would you elaborate, i have a fairly good HP and iem base. and i was actually thinking of getting the new A5 for the fostex th-x00 and my 1964 v6stage, if i do buy something like the vorzüge is it really that different. i use the dx90 to power the v6s
  15. bharat2580
    Would prefer a bit treble roll off and meaty mids, i have a really treble sensitive ear.
    any recommendations ? for IEMS like 70% of the time and a sony 1rmk2 and th-x00 the rest 30% . the 650s would use tube all the time.
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53

Share This Page