Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Apr 23, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #438 of 873
Yeah as a Pure II owner for over a year now, the Pure II+ isn't worth it to me (given I'd have to sell the Pure II for likely significantly less than the full retail price I paid).  I'll likely also try the Cavalli portable amp when it comes out, but w/ the Pure II in hand, I honestly am not feeling any kind of need to change.  The Pure II is simply terrific.

May 3, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #439 of 873
My pure II+ is on the way. Yeah!!!

I just join the head-fi world.

Current Sett up : IPod (4G) -> VorzAMP pure II+ -> AKG k712 pro.

Next step shall be iPod Touch (next gen with 64-bit CPU) -> ifi iDSD nano -> VorzAMP II+ -> AKG k712 pro
Any comments of this set up?
Thx.

May 3, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #440 of 873
My pure II+ is on the way. Yeah!!!

I just join the head-fi world.

Current Sett up : IPod (4G) -> VorzAMP pure II+ -> AKG k712 pro.

Next step shall be iPod Touch (next gen with 64-bit CPU) -> ifi iDSD nano -> VorzAMP II+ -> AKG k712 pro
Any comments of this set up?
Thx.

Looks like you're well on your way to audiophilia!  Congratulations and welcome to Head-Fi. 
beerchug.gif

May 6, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #445 of 873
  you should use the line out really :)

Be careful here: iPods have a good, dedicated line out that rivals some home gear. Other players have 'line outputs' but provide signal far worse than the included headphone outputs. That's all to say that a simple 'line out' branding means little. If it is a true line out, supplying both the voltage locked signal and good access to internal DAC functions, yeah, connect to a line out. If not, a headphone output is just fine. 

Hi all. I received the pure II + today. Just curios should I turn the iPod to max volume. Then adjust volume knob of the amp? Thx. Newbie in head-fi.

If you don't have a line output, don't fret. Which iPod do you have? There are a fewer older iPods that perform testably worse at max volumes, and therefore should be set to 90% for amping. If you have a line output dock, there is no need to fret.

May 6, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #446 of 873
My iPod is gen 4. (Ie iPod photo). Just don't sure while I connect the Pure II+ to the iPod through the iPod headphone jack to the amp's "Audio IN". In this case, what degree of volume should I set the iPod?

Now I turn the iPod volume almost to max. And for the Pure II+, I select mid gain. And my volume of the amp set to around 10 o'clock position to push the AKG K712 pro.

If I select low gain, I hear noise. Mid gain is clear. And high gain is more clear of the background.

P.S. I've got an iPhone 5 can use as pure music function. Should I use the iPhone instead?

May 6, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #447 of 873
The 4th gen has a pretty good headphone output with overhead for high-volumes, but it depends a bit on the input impedance of the amp. The Vorzüge doesn't ruin poor sources and the 4th gen isn't one. Still, without one in my hands now (my 4th gen has been long gone) I can't measure it at variable volumes, so would suggest to be safe, you set it to about 95% volume. Cheers.

May 6, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #448 of 873
Thanks.

Quote:
  The 4th gen has a pretty good headphone output with overhead for high-volumes, but it depends a bit on the input impedance of the amp. The Vorzüge doesn't ruin poor sources and the 4th gen isn't one. Still, without one in my hands now (my 4th gen has been long gone) I can't measure it at variable volumes, so would suggest to be safe, you set it to about 95% volume. Cheers.

May 14, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #450 of 873
Ordered an Ivory Pearl II+ as well and should have it next week. So if I get it right and given that for a little while - until I decide on a dedicated DAC - it will be running from the HO of my MBA/iPhone 6 I will need to push the volume on the devices to almost the max??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back