Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Jun 21, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #678 of 873
For those who use the Pure 2+, would using the Mojo be an improvement over this? Since I already have a very low impedance headphone (TH900), the amp doesn't do a whole lot for it. My use is primarily listening music from a laptop, hence why I prefer one or the other.

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #679 of 873
mmm....I use my Vorzuge Pure  II + with the Sony ZX2 DAP. For laptop, you need to connect it to a DAC, like the Mojo to power or drive the TH 900. Using the P2+ just adds one more device to your audio chain. The Mojo, although I do not own it, is a capable amp and dac. Unnecessary to add the P2+. From my use of  the P2+, the optimum use for it is to pair it with a DAP that has a good DAC but  an inadequate amp section to help drive the TH 900 and other headcans.

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #680 of 873
  For those who use the Pure 2+, would using the Mojo be an improvement over this? Since I already have a very low impedance headphone (TH900), the amp doesn't do a whole lot for it. My use is primarily listening music from a laptop, hence why I prefer one or the other.

if it's for laptop... go for Mojo! it's awesome.

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #681 of 873
Hi guys. I'm new here and to portable systems. Presently I'm using the Pure 2+ with the fiio x5ii to drive the Hifiman 400i. I'm just wondering if an upgrade to an x7 (supposed to be with good DAC section) be noticeable. I hope you guys can give me some of your insights. I'm also thinking the x7 is good enough as a stand alone to drive iem's for travelling.
I also plan to pair the x7 to the AM2 amp module.
Thank you in advance

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #686 of 873
Protip for my fellow Pure 2 people!

The Vorzkabel that comes with it -- although a really good free interconnect -- can exacerbate the Pure's treble. Where a slightly darker interconnect keeps the sound smooth, the Vorzkabel can take a combination over the top to sibilance territory. 

Some time ago I got a Beat Audio supernova cable for my Layla IEMs, for use with a Pure 2. I haven't been using it. Made the Laylas sound harsh and sibilant out of the Pure. Lovely microdetail and staging, a clear improvement over the stock Layla cable, but the Pure treble is aggressive and bitey enough. It was just too much. All the time, I was using the Vorzkabel to connect the Pure to my Mojo. Yesterday I got a Plussound interconnect and using that made the whole rig sound dark. So I re-introduced the formerly bright Supernova cable to the chain and voila! The microdetail is all there, but none of the sibilance.

Tl;dr - cables matter and the Vorzkabel is a bit bright. If your having brightness trouble, another interconnect can do the trick! 

Jul 16, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #687 of 873
me personally, I found that the mojo sounded better with the Pure II+ plugged into it (more open sounding, cleaner treble), but as always, YMMV

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #688 of 873
How many hours to fully charge ?

Aug 6, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #690 of 873

Users who are viewing this thread

Back