Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Aug 6, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #691 of 873
If anybody is interested Im putting my Duo amp for sale. I just bought it and I havnt even charged it.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #692 of 873
  For those who use the Pure 2+, would using the Mojo be an improvement over this? Since I already have a very low impedance headphone (TH900), the amp doesn't do a whole lot for it. My use is primarily listening music from a laptop, hence why I prefer one or the other.

I've hardware tested the pair. Under stress of load, PURE II performs a bit better than an unmodified Mojo regarding stereo separation, and a few other benchmarks, but that assumes it is being fed a signal as good as Mojo can spit. PURE II is about as good a portable amp exists - this includes actual metric performance. Mojo beats it with regards to THD and IMD, but at typical listening volumes the two are on par.

The problem is feeding the PURE II with a signal the equal of its circuit, which is phenomenal. For this reason, I heartily recommend pairing the two for best absolute performance. I've measured the PURE II at 119dB SNR, which is about the limits of what Mojo can output. That's almost unheard of. 

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #693 of 873
Yep, my favorite combo.  What a "tiny" powerhouse...

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #694 of 873

I've hardware tested the pair. Under stress of load, PURE II performs a bit better than an unmodified Mojo regarding stereo separation, and a few other benchmarks, but that assumes it is being fed a signal as good as Mojo can spit. PURE II is about as good a portable amp exists - this includes actual metric performance. Mojo beats it with regards to THD and IMD, but at typical listening volumes the two are on par.

The problem is feeding the PURE II with a signal the equal of its circuit, which is phenomenal. For this reason, I heartily recommend pairing the two for best absolute performance. I've measured the PURE II at 119dB SNR, which is about the limits of what Mojo can output. That's almost unheard of. 

mmm....intensely curious: what headphones have you tried with the  MoVo stack and sounded phenomenal?

Aug 14, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #695 of 873
  mmm....intensely curious: what headphones have you tried with the  MoVo stack and sounded phenomenal?

I didn't say that a certain headphone sounded phenomenal with the stack. I said that the stack is phenomenal. I'm a traditionalist/conservative when it comes to sound. I won't tell you what you will hear. With the stack, I use everything from Noble K10C to DT880/600 and Myst's OrtoPhones. They all sound great _to me_ and measure really well. 

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #696 of 873
All I can say is Mojo/Pure 2+ combo ****ted on the AK380 + AK Amp from high above when I compared them.  Headphones tested ranging from Layla v.2, LCD-X, LCD-2, Shure KSE1500 / SE846, IE800 / IE80, Sony Z7, Angies, and a bunch of other TOTL IEM's...

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #697 of 873
Hey all, maybe someone can give me some input.

I ordered the Pure II + a week or so ago.
Ive only just noticed that the revised DUO seems to be designed more for IEMS and am thinking I may have made a bit of a mistake with my order, and should has purcahsed the DUO instead...
I will be using Noble K10u with it.

Will there be much of a difference between the revised DUO and the Pure II+?

Thanks.

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #698 of 873
  Hey all, maybe someone can give me some input.

I ordered the Pure II + a week or so ago.
Ive only just noticed that the revised DUO seems to be designed more for IEMS and am thinking I may have made a bit of a mistake with my order, and should has purcahsed the DUO instead...
I will be using Noble K10u with it.

Will there be much of a difference between the revised DUO and the Pure II+?

Thanks.

In what way is it more designed towards IEMs?

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #699 of 873
It has a bass boost and treble boost and also states;
'revisions specially designed for the sensitive IEMS to higher-range impedance Earphones'

Maybe its just the impression im getting, but to me the product blurb is making it seem more for IEMS.

http://vorzuge.com/product/vorzampduo/

Really unsure if ive made a bit of a silly mistake with my order.

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #700 of 873
Fantastic amp. I woke up early last weekend & they had one on eBay. With a couple hrs. Left the high bid was 100.00. I bid 125.00 & won the auction. I was concerned something wasn't on the up & up, but a few days later I recieved a mint condition amp. I've had a few other great amps by rsa, portaphile, headamp, & leckerton, but this is the cleanest sounding amp I've heard

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #701 of 873
  It has a bass boost and treble boost and also states;
'revisions specially designed for the sensitive IEMS to higher-range impedance Earphones'

Maybe its just the impression im getting, but to me the product blurb is making it seem more for IEMS.

http://vorzuge.com/product/vorzampduo/

Really unsure if ive made a bit of a silly mistake with my order.

If you need bass boost and/or treble boost then yes you probably made a mistake.

However the II+ is virtually silent with any IEM I have heard it with so in that respect I wouldn't worry about it at all. It is also extremely clean and rather powerful so you can drive from it fairly power hungry cans making it very flexible. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #702 of 873
  If you need bass boost and/or treble boost then yes you probably made a mistake.

However the II+ is virtually silent with any IEM I have heard it with so in that respect I wouldn't worry about it at all. It is also extremely clean and rather powerful so you can drive from it fairly power hungry cans making it very flexible. 

Great, the silence was my main concern. Thanks for clearning that up for me.
The bass boost would had been nice, oh well, my mistake.

Aug 15, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #703 of 873
Don't worry you haven't made a mistake.
You have bought a fantastic amp.
Will drive anything you throw at it from iem to top of the line headphones. I use mine with Ortofon EQ-8 , Grado Gr10e ,Ether C and HD800S. All with no problem and no hiss.
Stunning amp have owned two . Even my other half has a Pure ii+ and she loves it more than her Mojo.
Pleased Vorzuge will be at the next London show. Looking forward to meeting them.

Aug 15, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #704 of 873
They should of been at Canjam, such an underated and under exposed company. 
Look forward to the day they expand their product range maybe to desktop offerings, balanced, maybe dacs also...
Also look forward to meeting them soon.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back