Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews?
Jan 8, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #91 of 181
I haven't bought any of my headphones full price lol. I wouldn't sell any of my headphones, I like having a collection lol. Once i see a good pair on sale,I can't resist. I do use all of my pairs though. I mean I can't use my hd598's at the gym haha. The LP's and LP2's are great for sports and stuff.

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #93 of 181
I'm up in Canada. They bnib. You really think it's to much?? I tried some akg 171 mk2 yesterday they were 179$ the LPs are 150$ on sale on the website ATM!

I bought mine brand new with a warranty for that price in Aus so yeah..... but its up to you 
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #94 of 181
  I bought mine brand new with a warranty for that price in Aus so yeah..... but its up to you 
tongue.gif

i ended up picking up the crossfade lp's for 80$. They are nice but im kind of a little disappointed, i find the sound is a little muffled for some reason. I tried them against a pair of Audio technica 
 at work which seemed to be much clearer. I think im looking for the wrong type of headset. I want that super sub bass that vibrates like nuts on the head at the same delivering CLEAR highs,mids,lows and voice!​

does this exist? i have ​
become consumed with reading so many posts and comments about all kinds of headsets. The real problem is i can not go to a store here in mtl that carry's ​
 half of the products on line to try! so its a roll of the dice for me! :frowning2:

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #95 of 181
  i ended up picking up the crossfade lp's for 80$. They are nice but im kind of a little disappointed, i find the sound is a little muffled for some reason. I tried them against a pair of Audio technica 
 at work which seemed to be much clearer. I think im looking for the wrong type of headset. I want that super sub bass that vibrates like nuts on the head at the same delivering CLEAR highs,mids,lows and voice!​

become consumed with reading so many posts and comments about all kinds of headsets. The real problem is i can not go to a store here in mtl that carry's ​
 half of the products on line to try! so its a roll of the dice for me! :frowning2:

EQ'd the LP sounds alot better. That pair does exist though, the shure 750dj is pretty close to that and cheap, But it is the worst build quality I've ever seen in a pair of headphones over 100$. It is also the most uncomfortable pair of headphones i've ever used lol.

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #96 of 181
  EQ'd the LP sounds alot better. That pair does exist though, the shure 750dj is pretty close to that and cheap, But it is the worst build quality I've ever seen in a pair of headphones over 100$. It is also the most uncomfortable pair of headphones i've ever used lol.

Ive had both pairs. While the Crossfades were more comfortable, the 750DJ"s sound better to me. I have had my pair almost 3 years now and have not had a single quality issue with them.

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #97 of 181

It is supposed to be that muffled it gets better after a while, but yes that is the sound sig of the Crossfade LPs......  

Jan 12, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #98 of 181
Yeh as stalley mentioned i eq'ed some tracks and im actually happy now found that vibration and was able to hear more sound by adjusting manually the EQ.. They are really nice after all! im letting sound play out of them even though ive read posts that burn is BS and some say not! anyhow well see! :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #101 of 181
  Yeh as stalley mentioned i eq'ed some tracks and im actually happy now found that vibration and was able to hear more sound by adjusting manually the EQ.. They are really nice after all! im letting sound play out of them even though ive read posts that burn is BS and some say not! anyhow well see! :)

I'm pretty sure burn-in is real. I had my crossfades for 2 years when my friend got his. The difference in sound was clear. The bass was less muffled in mine and the seperation was a bit better. Didn't become a whole new headphone though lol :D

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #103 of 181
You were right... Sound is not the same with the XL pads ... WAY Better i guess cause the speakers get further from your ear you hear the real sound. And a lot more comfy now also. Even in the ipod and cell phone these really sound nice! and on the pc its just nuts! :)
yes, you're right the vocals/bass were the first things I noticed that has changed in a positive way.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #104 of 181
  I'm pretty sure burn-in is real. I had my crossfades for 2 years when my friend got his. The difference in sound was clear. The bass was less muffled in mine and the seperation was a bit better. Didn't become a whole new headphone though lol :D

Please I am thinking of buying the crossfades lp headphones, this would be my first headphones over $20 and i listen to mainly alt rock, R&B, pop, hip hop and rap. i love bass but at the same time i dont want to sacrifice the details of the higher end of music. Do you think the lp would be a great choice? or perhaps should i just get audio technica ath m40x or m50?

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #105 of 181
  Please I am thinking of buying the crossfades lp headphones, this would be my first headphones over $20 and i listen to mainly alt rock, R&B, pop, hip hop and rap. i love bass but at the same time i dont want to sacrifice the details of the higher end of music. Do you think the lp would be a great choice? or perhaps should i just get audio technica ath m40x or m50?

Regardless they will be a step up in sound from your $20 headphones. Whether you get the most bang for your buck buying the LPs is a different story. If you can audition the cans you are interested in before buying that is really your best bet. The LP's would be good for everything you mentioned except alt rock. M50 is a decent all rounder, but it's bass heavy, warm sounding, and the mids are recessed so stuff like vocals and guitars aren't going to be prominent in the sound. The LP's have considerably less detail than the M50 in the mids and highs IMO. The 40x is more neutral, but sub bass is lacking. If you feel you want detailed music, I'd stay away from the LP's to be honest. 

After I think about it, if all you had was $20 HP's really any of these choices would probably be night and day to you, but your ears are really the best in telling you what you will like more. If you have no way to audition before you buy, make sure you buy from somewhere with a really good return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back