Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews?
Nov 15, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #76 of 181
So does a burnt in crossfade lp sound better than a pair of ath m50xs

Too different to be able to say this or that. If you like a stronger bass then LP will be more favorable but it will be a bit "muddy" / overly smooth / warm sounding compared to M50x. The M50x focuses more on details but has a great deal less bass presence and more treble.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #78 of 181
  see  that's the thing, they WERE bad for rock and classical and had bad instrumental seperation until I dusted them out of a box with 600 hours+ of burn in time and now they are no longer bassy, they seem extremely flat now, but they are detailed with a sound stage of being in a big room with really good speakers which are extremely detailed.

My point is that for whatever reason, the sound characteristic of these headphones changed entirely. It's messed up when your friend who has been having $10,000 speakers shoved in his face his entire life says they are by far the best headphones he's ever heard.

I have noticed this exact same thing over time on my LPs! Do you also own a pair of LP2? 

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #80 of 181
Just listened to some Eminem(spotify), Linkin Park(lossless), Wyclef(lossy) and some good old classic rock with both Crossfade LP and ATH-M50x with no amp. Its a bad comparison in the first place since both are very different head phones with ATH-M50x costing good $80 more than I got the Crossfade LP for.

Too lazy to test them with AMPs and EQ settings since these phones are going as gifts but yeah don't try to make the Crossfade LP sound like ATH-M50x. ATH is close to belonging to a different class when compared to LP, but I would expect that for 80% more price when compared to LP, not clinical but a warm version of a clinical headphone. ATH is more like an headphone for MDR lovers who crave for more bass without any amplification.

Yeah I grew up listening to Sony MDR v6(a gift from a friend :)) and classic rock so I am biased towards that kind of sound. It was refreshing to listen to some Eminem tracks with Crossfade LP but I would sacrifice that boom for better vocal range, sound stage and instrument separation which ATH-M50x provides without any amplification or eq. I am enjoying listening to Eminem with ATH-M50x and I am not into this stuff!.

I do have couple of Sony MDR's, Grado sr80, an open air AKG(which I love) and Ultrasone PRO 750 (my work place cans!). As always this stuff is all quite subjective so...

Good luck!.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #81 of 181
I Just want to say THANK YOU for this post!!!! I have been contemplating every dam headset between 150 and 400$ and i just couldn't figure out what i wanted after visiting some stores to try low end crap which was al right but just not what i was looking for. i was JUST about to order some V-Moda XS cans after a buddy of mine tried to convince me that ATm50 were the greatest phones on the planet and because every review on the web was positive they were god sent headphones! I decided to take a quick look on kijiji and found a guy selling a pair of CFLP's for 80$ and obviously you never know what your going to get cause no stores carry any of the high end cans you want to try i was stressed these phones would suck! But i said to myself if the XS's have such great reviews the CFLP's must be good specially at 80$ I will be getting these tomorrow and letting them run for a while! :)

Thanks again i had a big smile after reading your post! :)

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #82 of 181
  I Just want to say THANK YOU for this post!!!! I have been contemplating every dam headset between 150 and 400$ and i just couldn't figure out what i wanted after visiting some stores to try low end crap which was al right but just not what i was looking for. i was JUST about to order some V-Moda XS cans after a buddy of mine tried to convince me that ATm50 were the greatest phones on the planet and because every review on the web was positive they were god sent headphones! I decided to take a quick look on kijiji and found a guy selling a pair of CFLP's for 80$ and obviously you never know what your going to get cause no stores carry any of the high end cans you want to try i was stressed these phones would suck! But i said to myself if the XS's have such great reviews the CFLP's must be good specially at 80$ I will be getting these tomorrow and letting them run for a while! :)

Thanks again i had a big smile after reading your post! :)

80 is a bit much........

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #84 of 181
I'm up in Canada. They bnib. You really think it's to much?? I tried some akg 171 mk2 yesterday they were 179$ the LPs are 150$ on sale on the website ATM!

I bought them 2 years ago for 80$. Trust me the build quality alone is worth it. I've abused the crap out of them and they are perfect, these things will last forever. but yea sound quality is great with eq.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #85 of 181
Just wanted to ask you guys a question. When you guys were burning them in did you have them eq'd or no eq?
Mine are 2 years old and i love the sound with eq. So i dont know if i should eq or not eq them during burn-in.
Thanks

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #86 of 181
I'm planning on using those on my newly purchased Soundblaster Z soundcard. its got 600ohm amp in it. I'm hoping they will let me put the sound past 22 cause my lame Monster N-tune's just bug out past 19!! LOL

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #87 of 181
  I'm planning on using those on my newly purchased Soundblaster Z soundcard. its got 600ohm amp in it. I'm hoping they will let me put the sound past 22 cause my lame Monster N-tune's just bug out past 19!! LOL

hahah my soundblaster Z just arrived yesterday. I was just using the LP's with them 10 minutes ago. they could easily go past 25% with no distortion or anything but past 25% becomes too loud for me.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #89 of 181
yeah I'm looking at buying the dt770 250ohm too but im just waiting for them to go on sale somewhere lol. That will be my 5th pair of "good" headphones. So hard being into headphones and broke at the same time LOL

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #90 of 181
5 omg! Thats the problem, i'm in search for the 1 pair to rule them all! if im gonna spend 300$/400$ i want to make sure they are for the rest of my eternal life! Not that im not a gear head and wouldnt love to have 4/5 pairs i know they are just going to be lying around collecting dust and i will just end up trying to sell them for 10% of the price to get rid of them! :S so id prefer to get a real good pair that will suit my needs and just roll with those for 20 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back