Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 11, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #5,628 of 5,717
does anyone know when is VE10 going to retail and what will the retail price be?
It should be reaching dealers this month, and the retail price is around 3000 USD, depending on the region.

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #5,630 of 5,717
Hallo everybody.

I am about to pull the trigger on a trade involving the EXT.

totl hi-end iems I' ve encountered in the past are only sony z1r, which i like a lot ( ex-basshead , now more concerned about instrument /voices natural timbral accuracy , still a bass and subbass heavy lover ) .
I had my eyes on a EE Odin before too.

I read here through the pages that between the two mentioned someone prefers the z1r someone other the EXT someone other found EXT subbass lacking. Wonder if it be a good choice for me as I liked the z1r but found some slow-nostalgic background on some of my listenings ( classical, jazz and rock are widespread and the most ) , and I am more akin to a prat resolute precise rendering usually.
I am piano and drums player .

Would like to have advice by Phonix or Ext or z1r owners .

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #5,631 of 5,717
Hallo everybody.

I am about to pull the trigger on a trade involving the EXT.

totl hi-end iems I' ve encountered in the past are only sony z1r, which i like a lot ( ex-basshead , now more concerned about instrument /voices natural timbral accuracy , still a bass and subbass heavy lover ) .
I had my eyes on a EE Odin before too.

I read here through the pages that between the two mentioned someone prefers the z1r someone other the EXT someone other found EXT subbass lacking. Wonder if it be a good choice for me as I liked the z1r but found some slow-nostalgic background on some of my listenings ( classical, jazz and rock are widespread and the most ) , and I am more akin to a prat resolute precise rendering usually.
I am piano and drums player .

Would like to have advice by Phonix or Ext or z1r owners .
If you like PRaT and natural vocal timbre / accuracy you will absolutely love the EXT. The mid bass is actually the best I’ve heard in terms of texture (owned Z1R and still own Odin) and I don’t find the sub bass lacking in depth although I’d say that Odin and the Z1R are more notable in that department.

Oct 14, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #5,633 of 5,717
If you like PRaT and natural vocal timbre / accuracy you will absolutely love the EXT. The mid bass is actually the best I’ve heard in terms of texture (owned Z1R and still own Odin) and I don’t find the sub bass lacking in depth although I’d say that Odin and the Z1R are more notable in that department.
Thanks👍
Why you prefer Odin /or EXT in your listenings ( depending on what music or factors ) ?

Oct 14, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #5,634 of 5,717
Oct 15, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #5,635 of 5,717
Thanks👍
Why you prefer Odin /or EXT in your listenings ( depending on what music or factors ) ?
Yeah they are very different, Odin veers toward a more analytical listen without being boring thanks to its sub bass and upper mids emphasis. It’s a clear, concise and transparent listen. EXT is much more emotive and fun listen focusing on PRaT and timbre but is also a great all rounder.

Oct 15, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #5,637 of 5,717
Which one you use the most ? For what genre / if they have preferences ?
Thanks again
EXT is my favourite IEM. It scales like nothing else I’ve heard and has this semi open back sound to it. I use EXT more for instrumental and vocal orientated music but it is quite forgiving and makes everything sound good. Odin is great for well recorded electronic, ambient, female vocals and movie soundtracks and is less forgiving.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #5,638 of 5,717
EXT is my favourite IEM. It scales like nothing else I’ve heard and has this semi open back sound to it. I use EXT more for instrumental and vocal orientated music but it is quite forgiving and makes everything sound good. Odin is great for well recorded electronic, ambient, female vocals and movie soundtracks and is less forgiving.
Thanks and greatly appreciated , the 4 music categories you mentioned for Odin are likely the less appealing among many for me ..easier to make a choice now

Oct 17, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #5,639 of 5,717
Thanks to @Damz87, Vision Ears, and Minidisc for organizing a tour.

My review of the EXT is up on YouTube!

Phonix review is in the editing process, will also post here when ready.

Sorry for the delay but my Phonix review is up!

Oct 17, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #5,640 of 5,717
Can’t wait for an EXT successor… still infatuated.

IMG_1577.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back