Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Sep 23, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #5,611 of 5,715
Sep 26, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #5,612 of 5,715
My EXT arrived yesterday.
At first I was very disappointed due to the fact that the sound was very ... idk some kind of "detached". I figured out that it had something to do with the fit. Then I tried different Eartips and finaly with the AZLA Crystal Tips they sit so tight that it feels like it is sucked in my ear by its own constantly. I have done a lot of housework yesterday and today and the fit is perfect for me. They don't move any millimeter while working with them - best fit I experienced with an iem.
It's to early to give a detailed statement about the sound but they sound great till now.
Very smooth soundsignature, great resolution, great highs and I love the bass 😎
After 50 hours of listening I can say that I'll keep them. My brain needed some burn in and maybe also the EXT themself and now I really love them. I can throw every genre I like on it and it just sounds amazing. The fit is also still perfect for me with no issues. I hope I have found my personal endgame iems. Next would be a DAP upgrade on my list though they pair great with my FiiO M11 Pro 😅

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #5,613 of 5,715
Thanks to @Damz87, Vision Ears, and Minidisc for organizing a tour.

My review of the EXT is up on YouTube!

Phonix review is in the editing process, will also post here when ready.

Sep 30, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #5,615 of 5,715
What source were you using?
All listening was between Shanling M9, Shanling M9 Plus, Holo Bliss KTE + Holo May KTE.

Unfortunately, I no longer have Mojo2 and the Cayin C9 which I also spent quite some time with in the past.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #5,617 of 5,715
Just realised I never added my impressions here for the ve10!

I listened to this at canjam london, and personally, my favourite IEM of the show. I was honestly impressed by how well they fit, and also the size of that thing! It was so compact and just had me in a trance as I listened.

Detailed yet smooth, not sharp and relaxed, with energy but not too much. Its one of those iems you could just listen to forever without being sick or tired. The engagement in the sound was just, for me. I am pretty certain I am going to pick it up when they sell it internationally.

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #5,618 of 5,715
Thank you for your impressions. It's interesting what different people hear. Did you try different eartips? How long did you listen to it?
I had both Phonix and EXT for about 3 weeks. Didn't really try tip rolling, only used Spinfit CP145 and Azla Crystals for tips.

Listened for quite a bit I'd say, now given I didn't mention comparisons, I do just want to make a note that the other IEMs I am familiar with and set the standards for me include Subtonic STORM, Elysian Annihilator, Elysian Diva, Thieaudio V16 Divinity, Noble Ronin, UniqueMelody Mest Mk2, UniqueMelody Mentor Multiverse, FatFreq Maestro series, FiR, and some others. As such, I am always subconsciously comparing things I try to these and therefore that's how I feel.

If I was to rate the EXT or any other IEM in a vacuum without a standard to reference, then if probably only have praise, but given I've heard a lot of different versions of what I think better or worse sounds like, my opinions were formed as per the video.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #5,619 of 5,715
heard the ve10 at canjam its really good. light weight easy to drive fun engaging big sound 😊
20231001_114013.jpg

Oct 7, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #5,625 of 5,715
Thanks to Vision Ears and @Damz87, here are my impressions from the EXT/Phonix Australian tour.

VE IEMs are so comfortable! They snuggled into my ears perfectly and the build quality was top notch.

My gears are as follow: N7, Trailli, Radon 6 and Mentawaii.

EXT
Very comfortable fit, purple was very nice.
EXT's bass sounded very weak compared Rn6. A bit bigger sound stage (biggest negative on the Rn6 IMO). Overall, notes were clean and clear, but a little thin, it didn't really have anything which stood out to me.

Phonix
Again, fit was really good and comfortable.
The mids are really rich! Definitely the highlight of the Phonix. The instrument separation was so good too. I could hear so many details and the sound stage was huge!
However, the bass again was a little lacking comparing to the Rn6 and Mentawaii. I enjoyed this set, the overall VE housing sound was very enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back