Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jul 19, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #5,221 of 5,715
Haha it was all tongue in cheek and of course, subjective preferences come into play. I owned the Z1R for years and had sold it when I received EXT, for my preferences it is the better IEM. I felt that Z1R played in the same ball park as the Solaris SE (which I adored btw) although found the Z1R better in most aspects… the EXT plays in a league above to my ears but YMMV and all that.

I have no Idea of which league VE or Sony are playing. But after I could find the proper tips ... as I wrote it above, I really fully enjoy the EXT (sound and comfort now), so I don't have any mind to return soon or late to the IER-Z1R, though, I still miss a bit the memory I have of the Z1R's SQ, I would call it "a near to perfect tonal balance", and I do not miss at all the comfort of each drivers (no pain, but no pleasure too).
For comfort, I would say "the IE600 is by very far the most impressive of the three" though it definitely plays in a lower league for SQ.

Jul 23, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #5,228 of 5,715
Hello All, are there any EVE20 owners? If so, what are your thoughts?
IMG_20211102_123253.jpg

EVE 20 is actually a really good IEM that balances musicality and technical ability. They are extremely well built just like all VE iems, the interior is fully filled with acrylic without any bubbles. It is a solid piece.

Aug 3, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #5,233 of 5,715
Any cable recommendations for Erlkonig to tighten and increase the speed of bass while maintaining the thickness of vocals?

I would suggest to go for a pure silver cable.

I personally have made very good experience with cables from @doctorjuggles, especially with a pure silver cable from him,
highly recommended.

Aug 3, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #5,234 of 5,715
Any cable recommendations for Erlkonig to tighten and increase the speed of bass while maintaining the thickness of vocals?
PW 1950...all you need.

@doctorjuggles makes a perfect clone for a solid price...he made mine:

erlkyfiddy.jpeg

hit him up :relieved:

Edit: just noticed the post above me also rec'd the good Dr....can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #5,235 of 5,715
New limited edition Phonix incoming 🤭 Going on display starting tomorrow in the Hong Kong AV Head Fi Show
FB_IMG_1659616082113.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back