Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jan 25, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #4,681 of 5,715
Reading the last few pages of this thread, I realize that I am EXT ready. Got PWA First Time and 1950 Century. In addition, I also have the new Shanling M9 and all of its power. What about my EXT????

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #4,682 of 5,715
Reading the last few pages of this thread, I realize that I am EXT ready. Got PWA First Time and 1950 Century. In addition, I also have the new Shanling M9 and all of its power. What about my EXT????
I'm just short the M9, and both cables.....:)

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #4,683 of 5,715
EXT will be fine with M9, I have EXT on loan but I know power requirements are similar to Elysium and it's running fine with Over Ear mode on low gain at 40/50 volume so M9 is powerful enough :)

Jan 25, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #4,684 of 5,715
Can anyone tell me how the Cayin C9 sounds with an RS6 or A&K SE180 with the EXT? Is it worth the upgrade?

Is the synergy right and do the two DAPs harmonize with the Cayin C9? What about Odin and the Trio in this combination. I have only found a post about the combination of Hugo 2 with the C9 and the EXT.

It would be also helpful to hear a description about the PWA First Time with the EXT with some more details - So far I have only found that the synergy is good, but not how the sound changes in detail.

Jan 25, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #4,685 of 5,715
Can anyone tell me how the Cayin C9 sounds with an RS6 or A&K SE180 with the EXT? Is it worth the upgrade?

Is the synergy right and do the two DAPs harmonize with the Cayin C9? What about Odin and the Trio in this combination. I have only found a post about the combination of Hugo 2 with the C9 and the EXT.

It would be also helpful to hear a description about the PWA First Time with the EXT with some more details - So far I have only found that the synergy is good, but not how the sound changes in detail.
Wait to hear from @HiFiHawaii808 who has both.

Jan 26, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #4,686 of 5,715
I am a bit lost now :sob::sob::sob::sob: .. I was thinking I could find some suitable ear tips for the Vision Ears EXT with either the Spiral Dot SF or the Spinfit CP155 ... both seems to better fit and SQ than Spiral Dot++ and CP500 to my ears.

But, when I started to compare the VE EXT with the Senn IE900 ... these last days, I felt like IE900 offer a bit better sound quality than the EXT (deeper ultra low frequencies are better with the IE900, though high frequencies are far more detailed like crystal clear with the EXT) ... a few weeks ago, I was feeling the opposite (when I used the CP500 with the EXT, they were awesome).
For my test, both IEM are connected at the same time on the FIIO M17 (2.5mm and 4.4mm input) so I just change the IEM and lower a bit the volume with the Sennheiser as the EXT seems to be rather less sensitive.

I knew, when I ordered them, it would take me a few months before being comfortable with the Vision Ears EXT, but, as the first ten days were rather impressive, I was thinking, maybe it will be easier to find the proper tips and cable, then usual.
Unfortunately, it seems, I will have to struggle more than I hoped and I think the best, is I restart as a "factory reset" with VE EXT original tips again.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #4,687 of 5,715
Ich bin jetzt etwas verloren :Schluchzen::Schluchzen::Schluchzen::Schluchzen: .. Ich dachte, ich könnte ein paar passende Ohrstöpsel für die Vision Ears EXT finden, entweder mit dem Spiral Dot SF oder dem Spinfit CP155 ... beide scheinen mir besser zu passen und SQ als Spiral Dot++ und CP500 Ohren.

Aber als ich anfing, den VE EXT mit dem Senn IE900 zu vergleichen ... in den letzten Tagen hatte ich das Gefühl, dass der IE900 eine etwas bessere Klangqualität bietet als der EXT (tiefere ultratiefe Frequenzen sind mit dem IE900 besser, obwohl hohe Frequenzen weit entfernt sind detaillierter wie kristallklar mit dem EXT) ... vor ein paar Wochen fühlte ich das Gegenteil (als ich das CP500 mit dem EXT benutzte, waren sie großartig).
Für meinen Test sind beide IEM gleichzeitig am FIIO M17 (2,5mm und 4,4mm Eingang) angeschlossen, also ändere ich einfach das IEM und drehe die Lautstärke mit dem Sennheiser etwas zurück, da das EXT eher unempfindlicher zu sein scheint.

Als ich sie bestellte, wusste ich, dass es ein paar Monate dauern würde, bis ich mich mit den Vision Ears EXT wohl fühle, aber da die ersten zehn Tage ziemlich beeindruckend waren, dachte ich, vielleicht wird es einfacher sein, die richtigen Tipps zu finden und Kabel, dann üblich.
Leider, so scheint es, werde ich mich mehr abmühen müssen, als ich gehofft hatte, und ich denke, das Beste ist, ich starte als "Werksreset" mit VE EXT-Originalspitzen wieder neu.
I prefer the Tipps from Azla Sedna Earfit Short Lights....in my case this Azla-Tipps works much more better than the Spiral Dots SF with the EXT - the sound of the EXT with this Tipps is perfekt for my ears.

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #4,688 of 5,715
I am a bit lost now :sob::sob::sob::sob: .. I was thinking I could find some suitable ear tips for the Vision Ears EXT with either the Spiral Dot SF or the Spinfit CP155 ... both seems to better fit and SQ than Spiral Dot++ and CP500 to my ears.

But, when I started to compare the VE EXT with the Senn IE900 ... these last days, I felt like IE900 offer a bit better sound quality than the EXT (deeper ultra low frequencies are better with the IE900, though high frequencies are far more detailed like crystal clear with the EXT) ... a few weeks ago, I was feeling the opposite (when I used the CP500 with the EXT, they were awesome).
For my test, both IEM are connected at the same time on the FIIO M17 (2.5mm and 4.4mm input) so I just change the IEM and lower a bit the volume with the Sennheiser as the EXT seems to be rather less sensitive.

I knew, when I ordered them, it would take me a few months before being comfortable with the Vision Ears EXT, but, as the first ten days were rather impressive, I was thinking, maybe it will be easier to find the proper tips and cable, then usual.
Unfortunately, it seems, I will have to struggle more than I hoped and I think the best, is I restart as a "factory reset" with VE EXT original tips again.

I find that narrower bore, harder stem tips accentuate the bass on the EXT whereas wider bore tips like azla and spiral dots tend to increase stage dimensions and diminish the bass impact, making the mids sound more spacious. This was especially obvious when using spiral dot ++ tips as they’re extremely soft. EXT seems to be quite sensitive to tip changes so I would experiment. I would recommend trying FAudio Vocal tips, they have been the best so far for me in terms of getting the best bass response from the EXT.

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #4,689 of 5,715
I find that narrower bore, harder stem tips accentuate the bass on the EXT whereas wider bore tips like azla and spiral dots tend to increase stage dimensions and diminish the bass impact, making the mids sound more spacious. This was especially obvious when using spiral dot ++ tips as they’re extremely soft. EXT seems to be quite sensitive to tip changes so I would experiment. I would recommend trying FAudio Vocal tips, they have been the best so far for me in terms of getting the best bass response from the EXT.

It seems they are no longer available, I can't find anywhere the FAudio FA Vocal tips ? do you have any links with international selling ?

Jan 26, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #4,691 of 5,715
Jan 26, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #4,692 of 5,715
Seems i found my ideal combo with EXT (for now) --- Spiral Dot ++ --- Iliad @ Focal Arche via 4 Pin XLR :L3000::L3000::L3000:
The Iliad sometimes was a bit sharp with the CP155 Tipps but with the Spiral Dots ++ treble comes just a tad smoother...simply perfect for my ears now but at the same time mids are wonderfully clear while bass comes beautifuly dynamic and teeth rattling deep. Sweet !!

I wonder how First Times with EXT sounds though :)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #4,693 of 5,715
Seems i found my ideal combo with EXT (for now) --- Spiral Dot ++ --- Iliad @ Focal Arche via 4 Pin XLR :L3000::L3000::L3000:
The Iliad sometimes was a bit sharp with the CP155 Tipps but with the Spiral Dots ++ treble comes just a tad smoother...just perfect for my ears now but at the same time mids are wonderfully clear while bass comes beautifuly dynamic and teeth rattling deep. Sweet !!

I wonder how First Times with EXT sounds though :)
'Sorry I haven't been able to give you your cable comparisons, man. I just had my booster shot and a drum recording these past few days, so I've had to recover for a lot of it. But, my Reminder app's been pinging me non-stop, so I'll get you those impressions soon enough. :wink:

Jan 26, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #4,694 of 5,715
'Sorry I haven't been able to give you your cable comparisons, man. I just had my booster shot and a drum recording these past few days, so I've had to recover for a lot of it. But, my Reminder app's been pinging me non-stop, so I'll get you those impressions soon enough. :wink:

No worries Daniel :) I'll be waiting patiently...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Jan 26, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #4,695 of 5,715
I do hope you will post them here. First Time and 1950 Century PWAs and any cable that strikes your fancy with the EXT PLEASE!

Nice pics, SP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back