Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Nov 19, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #3,931 of 5,715
Nov 19, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #3,932 of 5,715
What third party cables is everyone using with the EXT? I managed to get the fit down just fine. Now I kind of want a different cable, the braiding/material on this stock one itches the back of my ears like crazy lol.
I heard it’s great with orphy…

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #3,933 of 5,715
I just swapped to this ghetto FiR cable I had made a few years back, much more comfortable around my ears. I also noticed in the instruction manual VE says these isolate -25dB, that's interesting. I feel it is less but maybe that was before I managed to get a properly comfortable fit, will have to keep an eye out on this now that I've found some better tips to use.

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #3,934 of 5,715
The retail box comes with additional screens and instructions for removal. Thought that was a nice touch. :)
Yeah, they had that with the EVE20 as well. VE are the objective, uncontested kings as far as packaging and accessories are concerned. :D

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #3,935 of 5,715
What third party cables is everyone using with the EXT? I managed to get the fit down just fine. Now I kind of want a different cable, the braiding/material on this stock one itches the back of my ears like crazy lol.

PWA First Times cable. Improves technicalities like soundstage and improved detail/resolution without material changes in sound signature.

I tried the EA Centurion, it was also great for those two items above but it was a bit too bright on some tracks for me.

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #3,936 of 5,715
I just swapped to this ghetto FiR cable I had made a few years back, much more comfortable around my ears. I also noticed in the instruction manual VE says these isolate -25dB, that's interesting. I feel it is less but maybe that was before I managed to get a properly comfortable fit, will have to keep an eye out on this now that I've found some better tips to use.
Which tips did you end up going for that fixed your fit?

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #3,937 of 5,715
PWA First Times cable. Improves technicalities like soundstage and improved detail/resolution without material changes in sound signature.

I tried the EA Centurion, it was also great for those two items above but it was a bit too bright on some tracks for me.

I'm being cheap, I don't want to spend that much. I'll probably keep this FiR cable on here, its a 4 wire SPC, it's quite hideous but its comfortable so that's really all I care about right now. 😂

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #3,938 of 5,715
Which tips did you end up going for that fixed your fit?

Oh man, these tips that I had from when I bought the OG Erlkonig in April of 2020. I used them back with the Erlkonig like once, they're pretty much perfect for me on the EXT. They give me that "proper insertion feel" but the silicone is super soft and its short so it doesn't really go into my canal and I can barely feel them.

IMG_7158.jpg

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #3,939 of 5,715
I'm being cheap, I don't want to spend that much. I'll probably keep this FiR cable on here, its a 4 wire SPC, it's quite hideous but its comfortable so that's really all I care about right now. 😂
If EXT ends up taking the throne for me, I might ask the good doctor to design a matching black and purple-themed Cardas cable for me, direct to Pentaconn of course.

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #3,940 of 5,715
Oh man, these tips that I had from when I bought the OG Erlkonig in April of 2020. I used them back with the Erlkonig like once, they're pretty much perfect for me on the EXT. They give me that "proper insertion feel" but the silicone is super soft and its short so it doesn't really go into my canal and I can barely feel them.

IMG_7158.jpg
Gotta say those are the weirdest looking tips I've seen. What are they?

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #3,942 of 5,715
I heard the Eletech Iliad was a good pairing? I am hoping this is the case. I happen to have an Iliad over here waiting for something great to attach to it.

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #3,944 of 5,715
On a different note, any Adele fans here that care to sample her new album on EXT? This is the type of album I'm going to grade EXT's mids on. It'll also be a good test to hear how EXT picks up on the subtle but deep rumble that appears on some of these tracks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back