Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Nov 18, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #3,902 of 5,715
Did you guys remove the screen the EXT comes with on the canal tip?

yeah ummm about that… I could have sworn mine were fully blocking the sound bores so I tore those bad boys off straight away. I also have an IEM vac so I’m not worried, but don’t use my pics as reference of what to do 😂

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #3,903 of 5,715
Wait…really?

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #3,906 of 5,715
I wouldn’t know, removed them before I even listened 😂

There’s extras in the box, I just don’t really care to reapply them tbh
Oh. I thought they were built into the nozzle like some earphones and you literally RIPPED them out. I didn't know they were replaceable. Was thinking you were the ballsiest guy around for a second haha. I'll have to experiment with that myself once I pick them up Saturday.

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #3,907 of 5,715
Oh. I thought they were built into the nozzle like some earphones and you literally RIPPED them out. I didn't know they were replaceable. Was thinking you were the ballsiest guy around for a second haha. I'll have to experiment with that myself once I pick them up Saturday.

Haha oh no, they're just stickers. 😂

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #3,908 of 5,715
Phonix.jpg

Finally!!! It was a long wait, but oh so worth it. Just going through brain burn-in now.

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #3,910 of 5,715
Awesome! Share impressions when you have time. Where did you buy them from?
Definitely will report back, once I get more time with them. I will say they are very comfortable - as they fit my ears really well. A better fit for me vs the VE8 or the Elysium.

I bought this pair from MusicTeck. I've been on their wait list since August. Although MusicTeck hasn't received their pre-orders for distribution yet, they got one pair for regular sale late last week. Couldn't resist.

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #3,911 of 5,715
Definitely will report back, once I get more time with them. I will say they are very comfortable - as they fit my ears really well. A better fit for me vs the VE8 or the Elysium.

I bought this pair from MusicTeck. I've been on their wait list since August. Although MusicTeck hasn't received their pre-orders for distribution yet, they got one pair for regular sale late last week. Couldn't resist.

Nice man, enjoy. Can't wait to see what you think of them. The EXT has brought me right back to my VE obsession again with how much I love their mid ranges.

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #3,912 of 5,715
Ve mids are goat.

Nov 19, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #3,913 of 5,715
Just fresh out of the box listening. Fit, colour, build are all wonderful; sound-wise, I find it precise, clean and what is quite different from my other iems is how smooth it is. It reminds me of Trailli in that regard, but I love this so much more. Lower registers come in when they should. This is such a keeper, and I’m glad I sold my Erlk.

Nov 19, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #3,914 of 5,715
Just fresh out of the box listening. Fit, colour, build are all wonderful; sound-wise, I find it precise, clean and what is quite different from my other iems is how smooth it is. It reminds me of Trailli in that regard, but I love this so much more. Lower registers come in when they should. This is such a keeper, and I’m glad I sold my Erlk.
Nice! And a fellow EVO user? If so, please compare 😁

Edit: oh wait, you mean Phõnix don't you? Nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back