Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Nov 17, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #3,871 of 5,715
I am not sure if I will recover from Bobby's close-up ear picture but I did receive notification today from DHL that my Phonix and EXT have shipped from Cologne. Should be at my doorstep early next week!!

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #3,872 of 5,715
I am not sure if I will recover from Bobby's close-up ear picture but I did receive notification today from DHL that my Phonix and EXT have shipped from Cologne. Should be at my doorstep early next week!!

It was for the greater good, Mark! There will be people that have the same "problem" I do I am sure 😂

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #3,873 of 5,715
It was for the greater good, Mark! There will be people that have the same "problem" I do I am sure 😂
I had the opposite of insertion problems with Erlkonig and Elysium. They would slowly un insert. I even sold both due to this issue. But I missed the sound of each so much, I bought them back. And with a little tip rolling the un inserting stopped. And bliss began.

Oooops, my wife just asked why I am blushing. I did not use the word “insertion” in my response! I just showed her the picture of Bobby’s ear. She understood!

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #3,875 of 5,715
Did you try bi-flange eartips? With Traillii it was better than with Azla Crystal for me.
Had also very good results with RHA bi-flange on others IEM https://www.rha-audio.com/intl/headphones/accessories/ear-tips/double-flange?c=838

I actually tried some Azla Sedna EarFit Light (I hate this name) and I went up a size, it pushed the IEMs further out of my ear. I would post a pic of the difference but I don’t think anyone wants to see that 😂 but it made a noticeable difference. I’ll report back in a few days after some more use. I think I was doing the wrong type of fit by going for a deep canal type fit with these. Whoopsies.

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #3,876 of 5,715
While we're on this topic, what tips would be recommended with the EXT? Wide bore or small bore? And is it worth just using the tip that come or would it be a good idea to buy some other ones? I really don't have much experience with "aftermarket" ear tips and I'm curious I'd they are worth it opposed to the ones that come with the EXT.

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #3,877 of 5,715
Pretty much flush with my inner ear. I’ll take a side profile photo tomorrow.

Attachments

• AB53F29D-B9B0-4D7F-AC55-E200E76FA75C.jpeg
    AB53F29D-B9B0-4D7F-AC55-E200E76FA75C.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #3,879 of 5,715
Your ear ate the iem 😂
I’m just comparing the photos of mine, yours and @Tanjiro ears and it looks like the EXT’s faceplate takes up around half of both of yours… It looks like I could get 3-4 faceplates to fit on mine 😂 absolute satellite dishes. My family are known for having quite large ears… before I got into Audio I thought it was a curse.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #3,880 of 5,715
Pretty much flush with my inner ear. I’ll take a side profile photo tomorrow.
Impeccable fit. It’s almost like the IEM is an EXTension of your ear!

Nov 17, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #3,882 of 5,715
I actually tried some Azla Sedna EarFit Light (I hate this name) and I went up a size, it pushed the IEMs further out of my ear. I would post a pic of the difference but I don’t think anyone wants to see that 😂 but it made a noticeable difference. I’ll report back in a few days after some more use. I think I was doing the wrong type of fit by going for a deep canal type fit with these. Whoopsies.
I am using Alza Sedna Light M size on my EXT.

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #3,883 of 5,715
So the question is how much of that chonky nozzle has to twist into the ear canal like a CIEM, along with the tip? Just the red would probably be ok but leave the rest of the earpiece to dangle. Green or blue would be an issue for me.

EA99EC91-1C58-49B6-877E-98F1AF384DF3~2.jpeg
I personally have it around green-ish, and I let the rest of it somewhat dangle. I have notoriously twisty canals, though, and I've yet to figure out whether or not that's an advantage in this specific scenario. :D

While we're on this topic, what tips would be recommended with the EXT? Wide bore or small bore? And is it worth just using the tip that come or would it be a good idea to buy some other ones? I really don't have much experience with "aftermarket" ear tips and I'm curious I'd they are worth it opposed to the ones that come with the EXT.
I always tend to recommend wide-bore, because that should give you the "intended" sound with no further acoustic tuning from the tip. But, if you want to tighten the bass and not make it as fat, then small-bore tips in this case could certainly be viable.

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #3,884 of 5,715
I am using Azla Sedna Light Shorts SS. Tip is probably one of the fattest, if not THE fattest.

I think I am inserting up to some parts of green....? I am used to CIEM and I don't have any problems with tips, so for me it is very comfortable. May take pics later.

But yeah it is a FAT nozzle.

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #3,885 of 5,715
I am using Azla Sedna Light Shorts SS. Tip is probably one of the fattest, if not THE fattest.

I think I am inserting up to some parts of green....? I am used to CIEM and I don't have any problems with tips, so for me it is very comfortable. May take pics later.

But yeah it is a FAT nozzle.

These ones? I couldn’t even get them on. I gave up. 😂

96966C86-F9C7-4C94-917D-B7EB1200ACB5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back