Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Nov 17, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #3,856 of 5,715
Comparison between u12t and EXT
Thanks, how much of the EXT nozzle is forced into the ear canal though? The U12t has a longish nozzle but it's thin, so there's very little pressure from tips going into the ear. Thicker nozzles stretch out silicone tips and cause pressure to build up from the tips pushing/rubbing against the inside of the canal walls.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #3,857 of 5,715
Thanks, how much of the EXT nozzle is forced into the ear canal though? The U12t has a longish nozzle but it's thin, so there's very little pressure from tips going into the ear. Thicker nozzles stretch out silicone tips and cause pressure to build up from the tips pushing/rubbing against the inside of the canal walls.
Honestly, I'm struggling with the size..
The u12t with symbio w (m) and also the Azla short light fits perfectly.
The EXT with conply 500 is OK. Azla seems to fit, but I can't push them to much into my ears.
May be my canals are too tight.. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #3,858 of 5,715
The red is the part that’s covered by the tip, you’ll probably be fine if you can find a tip that works well for you. Tip rolling these isn’t too fun though. Reminds me of when I first got the Traillii with its very wide nozzle also.
Yeah if only the red part goes into the canal than 07 tips may work to create an early seal without pushing too far into my ears. To be fair I thought EVO would be a no-go too but it somehow works with a shallow insert method. It's definitely something I'll have to try for myself though. CP500 (or any Spinfit for that matter) is definitely out, as are regular Sedna EarFits. Might have to drop a size on 07 or Spiral Dot too.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #3,863 of 5,715
9C19E763-D8D0-4B0C-AF95-8A5D2278FE09.jpeg

Here is how a CP500 small sits on the EXT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back