Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Nov 2, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #3,361 of 5,715
Nov 2, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #3,363 of 5,715
How would you guys compare the Tralili vs VE8 head to head as far as comfort iems go?
I do not consider the Traillii a comfort IEM. I feel the Traillii has much more and tight bass impact over the VE-8. I also feel it has the better mids as I prefer vocals on the Trailli) and is a bit smoother yet more detailed. It also has a much wider soundstage. In terms of timbre and also accuracy of timbre the Traillii along with the Erlk are in another class as compared to the VE-8. Mind you, I do like the VE-8, but had I purchased the Trailli first, I would never have purchased the VE-8.

Nov 2, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #3,364 of 5,715
How would you guys compare the Tralili vs VE8 head to head as far as comfort iems go?
My answer will likely be an outlier. The Bird surpasses VE8 in terms of (overall) technical prowess. Putting aside my take on price-value of these 2 IEMs, even if they remain concurrently in my collection, I’d probably reach for VE8 more often than I’d for the Bird. I’ve nothing but praise for the latter, but liking an IEM is often (if not always) about preference and not pivoting around technicalities 😋

Nov 2, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #3,365 of 5,715
How do you like the Phonix? Are there any particulars that have you giddy?

Both Phonix and EXT are great IEM. Phonix is a very well-executed all BA iem. The transition among the entire frequency is very smooth. It is near neutral, but with slightly added bass to make it sound more enjoyable. It has very nice vocals, great extension, and emotion. I like the vocals on the Phonix more than the Odin and EVO, as the EE lineup makes the vocals shouty and forward somewhat artificial if directly compared to Phonix and EXT. Phonix has a very nice width and depth of the stage. I personally will grab the EXT for a short burst of intensive listening for 30-1hr, while the Phonix for longer and relaxing sections.

Something that I really want to mention is that, on the EXT the Dynamic driver for bass, a dynamic driver for mids, and Electrostatic for Highs really grab my attention. The texture and sound produced from dynamic driver and electros are totally different from a full BA execution. Although both EXT and Phonix are extremely different from each other, and in the context of owning so many IEMs, the EXT is the one that is special among the others. Whereas the workmanship of the CNC layered carbon fiber shell on the Phonix is really one of a kind and never seen before.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #3,366 of 5,715
Actually by "comfort", I just meant for me they are specifically suited for a kind of mood, the mood that I want to lie down and be surrounded by a warm ambience. Both VE8 and Traillii excel at that.

They do sound different in other departments. Traillii has more bass rumble, thicker notes and an overall grander presentation. VE8 is gentle on the touch, and vocals can sound more intimate.

Nov 3, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #3,367 of 5,715
Actually by "comfort", I just meant for me they are specifically suited for a kind of mood, the mood that I want to lie down and be surrounded by a warm ambience. Both VE8 and Traillii excel at that.

They do sound different in other departments. Traillii has more bass rumble, thicker notes and an overall grander presentation. VE8 is gentle on the touch, and vocals can sound more intimate.

Fully understood.. that is exactly what I had in mind when I saw the word 'comfort' mentioned.. for me, highly technical and accurate iems are good for short WOW listening sessions that typically last 30-60 mins, every few days.. anything longer would often make the listening experience fatiguing or boring (for lack of a better word)..

My most airtime usually goes to those 'comfort' iems that are foremost pleasant and musical.. but are also reasonably correct (timbre-wise and technically), so no glaring faults will pop up and ruin the chill sessions like an eyesore/earsore..

Sounds like a simple requirement.. yet few iems are able to achieve that.. and that is why the VE8 and U12t cost so much.. I have not heard the Tralili so I cannot comment on it.. but I imagine that it would be along the same line of 'comfort' yet technically proficient and timbrally correct iems.. 😁

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #3,368 of 5,715
Putting on the Sedna Light Shorts on my EXT is THE worst experience I have ever had in my entire ******* life.

At least that was worth the 20 minute effort at the end of the day. Thanks for the recommendations! Great fit and SQ, more comfortable than the Spiral Dots++.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #3,369 of 5,715
Putting on the Sedna Light Shorts on my EXT is THE worst experience I have ever had in my entire ******* life.

At least that was worth the 20 minute effort at the end of the day. Thanks for the recommendations! Great fit and SQ, more comfortable than the Spiral Dots++.
Really the worst experience ? 😜

Nov 3, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #3,370 of 5,715
Its a comfort to me to get to Christmas without the need to fret about EXT supply problems. I am pretty happy now with V8 and Solaris SE/ Effect Leonidas 2 cable.

Nov 3, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #3,371 of 5,715
Really the worst experience ? 😜
My fingers were literally on the edge of bleeding and I was paranoid enough to check the shell coz I thought it broke.:relieved:

These seem to alter the sound the least tho.

Nov 3, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #3,372 of 5,715
My fingers were literally on the edge of bleeding and I was paranoid enough to check the shell coz I thought it broke.:relieved:

These seem to alter the sound the least tho.
I had the exact same experience putting tips on the EXT for the first time. I've finally got the force and rhythm down now, but the first couple times were absolutely painstaking. :D Thankfully, the PHoNIX has standard round bores.

By the way, my PHoNIX impressions have been written, but I've chosen to delay it a bit 'til there's word on when units will start shipping. Plus, I also wanna see whether my thoughts on it change at any point over the next few days, because honestly... they're almost too positive at the moment. 'Stay tuned. :wink:

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #3,374 of 5,715
I had the exact same experience putting tips on the EXT for the first time. I've finally got the force and rhythm down now, but the first couple times were absolutely painstaking. :D Thankfully, the PHoNIX has standard round bores.

By the way, my PHoNIX impressions have been written, but I've chosen to delay it a bit 'til there's word on when units will start shipping. Plus, I also wanna see whether my thoughts on it change at any point over the next few days, because honestly... they're almost too positive at the moment. 'Stay tuned. :wink:
Did you get Erl for comparing to the Phonix ?

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #3,375 of 5,715

Hmmm I wonder if it’s going to signal an impending sale of my Erlk :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back