Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jun 29, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #1,651 of 5,715
The tuning on that single ba is shocking, isn’t it?

The overall tuning of the Elysium is just very unique all around.

VE really knows what to do with a bunch of drivers.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #1,653 of 5,715
Wow wow and wow, my Norne Silvergarde 8x21 AWG cable just arrived, I put it on the Ely and voila, I’m in audio nirvana. Bass hits deeper and harder, with amazing texture, I can’t believe it’s coming from a single BA. Combined with the Symbio W tips and Cayin N6ii E02 card, this definitely becomes the mightiest combo I have in my arsenal at the moment. Below is the picture, sorry if the image quality is not good eough, took it with my iPhone.

BE9F5B97-97B5-4AB7-A395-33C3004F9401.jpeg

Don’t know how VE do it, the single BA bass is so good. I really missed it.

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #1,654 of 5,715
The tuning on that single ba is shocking, isn’t it?

The overall tuning of the Elysium is just very unique all around.

VE really know what to do with a bunch of drivers.

Yeah it’s the cleanest, clearest and most transparent sounding IEM I’ve ever heard. In terms of the bass, when I use the stock cable, yes it was already good in terms of quality but it feels like a single BA. But once I switch cables, it really transforms both the low end and top end (gobs of detail and extension but never once it feels harsh.) I think the treble reminds me a bit of a full size estat headphone, but of course the overall sound spectrum is very different to a full size estat headphones.

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #1,655 of 5,715
Yeah it’s the cleanest, clearest and most transparent sounding IEM I’ve ever heard. In terms of the bass, when I use the stock cable, yes it was already good in terms of quality but it feels like a single BA. But once I switch cables, it really transforms both the low end and top end (gobs of detail and extension but never once it feels harsh.) I think the treble reminds me a bit of a full size estat headphone, but of course the overall sound spectrum is very different to a full size estat headphones.
The bass in the Ely is probably the most responsive part of its FR where cable rolling is concerned. I've also rolled quite a few cables on it and for the most part I use either the Eletech Plato or Iliad with it

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,656 of 5,715
I agree, with better cables the bass will improve. However, I still find it a bit bass light at times. And I have connected it with Horus and currently PW 1950. I think the bass is the one area VE needed to improve on the Elysium. Sometimes the impact is a bit light. Now it can fool you as on stringed bass there is so much detail. You can hear the strings themselves. And I love this. And then on another track the large bass drum might be muted as compared to some of my other IEM’s and especially my home system. It is still excellent overall though.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #1,659 of 5,715
I agree, with better cables the bass will improve. However, I still find it a bit bass light at times. And I have connected it with Horus and currently PW 1950. I think the bass is the one area VE needed to improve on the Elysium. Sometimes the impact is a bit light. Now it can fool you as on stringed bass there is so much detail. You can hear the strings themselves. And I love this. And then on another track the large bass drum might be muted as compared to some of my other IEM’s and especially my home system. It is still excellent overall though.
It does work with the rest of the signature but it’s mostly supporting bass - it doesn’t really deliver on its own

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #1,660 of 5,715
I was just told the first batch will ship next week. Looking forward!

Got the email too :)

A37A6763-4AB3-44EE-8572-F09CE3B0AB26.jpeg

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #1,662 of 5,715
I hope the cable is really good on it. When I looked at the pictures again, it looks really good and matches the faceplate. Using pictures only, I think I like this LE faceplate better than the original. Tks.

Same, I think the overall LE package (cable/faceplate/colour etc) looks more premium than the original.

Also I’m really digging the green snakeskin case :)

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #1,663 of 5,715
You think it looks good, wait till you hear it...

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #1,664 of 5,715
Same, I think the overall LE package (cable/faceplate/colour etc) looks more premium than the original.

Also I’m really digging the green snakeskin case :)
I agree. The case looks really cool. I always use a Dignis Arca case to protect my IEM’s as it has separate compartments for each earpiece, but I may use this one. Tks.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #1,665 of 5,715
I agree. The case looks really cool. I always use a Dignis Arca case to protect my IEM’s as it has separate compartments for each earpiece, but I may use this one. Tks.
Seeing that you just received your Erlkonig, a word of advice or suggestion is that if I have to do it all over again, I will put a screen cover the tip where the steel smash is. The one I recommend is the one from Final Audio. It is a very thin and fine screen almost like sheer material but is sticky on one side so it will stick to the steel mesh. It doesn’t alter or changes the sound but it will help or prevent build up on the steel mesh down the road. The problem with that is once it happens, you really cannot clean or service it yourself, you have to send it to a VE service dealer and there is no service dealer in the USA. That happens to my pair And I was told by VE not to take the steel mesh apart by myself and take it to a VE authorizes service dealer or send them back to VE. I did not want to do either, so I am using it until I feel it impacts the sound. I have my pair for one year now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back