Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Aug 27, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #707 of 5,715
I need help in deciding between VE5 and VE6XC.
I love the vast soundstage of the VE6XC but the mids in VE5 is simply breathtaking.

Will customs version of these make them more bassy/warmer?
I'm thinking if so, then I can expect the VE6xc to turn out to be quite like an A12.

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #709 of 5,715
I need help in deciding between VE5 and VE6XC.
I love the vast soundstage of the VE6XC but the mids in VE5 is simply breathtaking.

Will customs version of these make them more bassy/warmer?
I'm thinking if so, then I can expect the VE6xc to turn out to be quite like an A12.

I own the VE6xc and audition the VE5 in the process of making this decision. While the vocal on the VE5 is nice. I think the VE6xc sounds much more natural. The tonal quality just make all musical instruments and human voices sound real. The custom version sound warmer than the universal demo version. But the soundstage remain huge for a IEM. There is also a 3D effect to voices and instruments on well recorded album. I believe if the VE6 is a pair of speaker. You can touch the singer. An experience I could never forget when I listen to my friends Hifi system that is properly match and properly place many years back.

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #710 of 5,715
I own the VE6xc and audition the VE5 in the process of making this decision. While the vocal on the VE5 is nice. I think the VE6xc sounds much more natural. The tonal quality just make all musical instruments and human voices sound real. The custom version sound warmer than the universal demo version. But the soundstage remain huge for a IEM. There is also a 3D effect to voices and instruments on well recorded album. I believe if the VE6 is a pair of speaker. You can touch the singer. An experience I could never forget when I listen to my friends Hifi system that is properly match and properly place many years back.

Thanks sdwong!

I like the bright signature of ve6. I'm wondering if this quality will be blunted off in the customs version?

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #711 of 5,715
I have 2 CIEM and both custom fit sound warmer than the universal fit demo version. My advice is press slightly hard against your ear during audition and you get a sense of the proper sound in custom version.

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #712 of 5,715
I have 2 CIEM and both custom fit sound warmer than the universal fit demo version. My advice is press slightly hard against your ear during audition and you get a sense of the proper sound in custom version.

Thank you sdwong!

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #713 of 5,715
Hi all

After try the VE6 X1 I'm fall in love, but now I'm had some problem because my design is so  boring, did you see any beautify design can let me think about it. Or did you recommend any colour which is special in VE

Thanks

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #714 of 5,715
Can't help with the design but would recommend the XC. I prefer X1 during audition but decide to pay more for the XC. Now I listen to X2 much more than X1 and am glad I made this choice.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #715 of 5,715
Can't help with the design but would recommend the XC. I prefer X1 during audition but decide to pay more for the XC. Now I listen to X2 much more than X1 and am glad I made this choice.

Thanks your replay after I'm tried VE6 after three times, I'm sure I'll buy the X2 about the design I'll follow this design by VE. New colour olive shell w/Woodheart

Update my VE6 X2 should be arriver in 2017 JAN 

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #717 of 5,715
Congrats. Too bad there is little love of this great CIEM here in headfi.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #718 of 5,715
Was trying to find some VE review on YouTube and came across this..
https://youtu.be/xEKVToFEA1s
The founders mentioned new products coming out, anyone heard anything about this? Was gonna pull the trigger on the VE3 or VE4 but now I don't know if I should wait.
Thanks

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #720 of 5,715

Thanks your bless. After the she is arrived I'm found a new cable for her. The sound is forewarn and found the bass back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back