Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jan 15, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #5,686 of 5,715
I've been very disappointed with their level of support as an owner of the Elysium and the Eve.

I sent Vision Ears my Elysium to be repaired and I spent over €200 on the repairs and some accessories.

Since receiving them back the shell has developed a crack. They have still not replied to my last email 2 weeks ago.

They were very responsive when I was interested in ordering a custom IEM but as soon as there is a problem they stop replying...

Hi, wondering if Vision Ears fixed your issue for you? Curious on their customer support when an owner has an issue...

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #5,687 of 5,715
It seems as though the bass driver in the right earpiece of my EXT is faulty 😭 I was one of the first to preorder EXT so I’m fairly sure it’s been over 2 years since I got mine. The bass of the right earpiece lacks impact compared to the left… I’m pretty distraught tbh, EXT is my favourite IEM and the thought of it being irreparable has me worried. Has anyone experienced this or has any experience in getting their EXT repaired?
And what about this case?

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #5,689 of 5,715
Has there been any official word on when we can expect to see VE 10's more widely available?

I heard mid February but VE doesn’t seem to be too reliable with their timelines for getting product out there. I am going to buy a VE 10 but I’m waiting until inventory is en route before I place an order. I don’t want to have my money locked up indefinitely without knowing when I’ll be receiving the IEM.

Jan 17, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #5,690 of 5,715
Never mind… I caved. Hopefully they arrive asap to musicteck. 😍

IMG_8353.jpeg

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #5,692 of 5,715
For those who are interested, I just finished and posted my full detailed review of Vision Ears VE10 IEMs. Enjoy the read!

ve-ve10-19.jpg

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #5,693 of 5,715
Jan 26, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #5,694 of 5,715
Hi, wondering if Vision Ears fixed your issue for you? Curious on their customer support when an owner has an issue...
We reached out to them in November, but have not heard back at all yet...

We are not going to share any details here, but the pricing on the previous repair was nothing to make any money from. Most of the stated amount was spent on accessories and shipping cost to their country.

Happy weekend everyone :)

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Feb 4, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #5,695 of 5,715
I am looking to purchase some sets of the green SpinFits that came with the Elysium. Anyone know exactly what they are, link to buy or actually have some they’ll sell me.

I am 99% they are L of whichever model they are. Would specifically like green for my usage.

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #5,697 of 5,715
I recently became an owner of the VE X and it is an outstanding IEM by all metrics. I'll share some brief impressions when I have a chance to take it through my library but, wow, what an amazing IEM.

20240223_160845 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #5,698 of 5,715
Here we go!

Vision Ears VE X (VE10)

If you’ve read any of my impressions for Indigo, Phonix, Mentor etc.. these are my usual disclaimers.

Powered by the right audio gear, I love music and how it has the power to invoke fond memories and emotions of past and present life experiences with my family. I’m a fan of warm and natural/organic W and mild V shaped sound signatures with moderately elevated sub-bass, a lush, full-bodied midrange, and forward organic vocals. But I also want to experience a good sense of depth, air and space in the entire compilation.

Tested on genres such as Classical, Jazz, Pop, EDM, Hip Hop, House, Anime Music, Movie scores, Game soundtracks, and other soundtracks such as Wonder Woman, Batman Begins, Inception on stock cable with 4.4mm termination on Shanling M9+ and did some tip rolling landing on Azla Origin’s L. I will also say, VE X handles many genres extremely well and could easily be one of the best all-rounders available to-date.

20240220_172721.jpg20240222_110218.jpg

I’ll start off by saying that I liked the Phonix and in general, the VE house sound. I would have liked to put EXT through the motions more but it was an IEM where the universal just never agreed with my ear shape despite all the tip rolling.

I like how VE took a slight departure off the typical acrylic and resin-based IEMs. I prefer materials that provide more durability and longevity. The VE X definitely fit my aesthetic preferences in that regard. It also looks futuristic and more industrial yet provides the function necessary to create a great experience with the venting and comfort.

20240220_174658.jpg20240223_160845 (1).jpg
Tonality and Timbre
  • Organic. It is detailed, lush and has a natural warmth that envelops and hugs your senses
  • Balanced but with that VE mid-range and vocal sweetness and all instruments play nicely in their own lane yet coherent and cohesive
  • Tonally accurate and natural to my ears
Design, Comfort, Fit and Build Quality
  • Snug and very comfortable, excellent fit for universal
  • Great piece of engineering art. Futuristic and Industrial aesthetics, high quality materials SS and plastics, Azla Origin ear tips are amazing
  • Several hours (3+) of listening with no issues around comfort, fatigue, or soreness
Treble
  • Good treble extension and airiness for me, but treble heads will likely look elsewhere
  • Sufficient bite but could likely use a little more splash from cymbals for more realism and excitement
  • Smooth and silky all the way to the top and slightly rolled off
  • Not a single ounce of peaky’ness, harshness or sibilance, especially on tracks with strong treble presence and strong annunciations of “S” or “TSS” sounds
Mid-Range
  • This is the magic of the VE house sound. Full-bodied, forward, and immensely musical, engaging and dynamically muscular and weighty
  • Instruments sound natural, dynamic, deep, dense and alluringly hypnotic
  • Pianos have amazing density and note weight that fills the space enough to immerse you but not congested
  • Violins sound organic and ‘cry’ with sense of emotion and extension that I don’t easily experience in audio
Vocals
  • World-class, best vocal representation I’ve heard in an IEM. The VE house sound gives that breath, air and extension that you crave when you listen to both female and male vocals but it especially shines with female vocals and high notes.
  • Forward presentation – Centered, accurate, natural, good amount of breath and not shy to whisper sweet notes to bring you all the way to audio bliss
Soundstage/Imaging/Layering/Separation
  • Moderate stage width but has more depth. Compared to Ronin, it is perhaps not as technical in terms imaging, layering and separation but it is by no means congested or ‘too’ intimate to my ears.
  • Excellent sense of space but maintains vocal intimacy to make you feel immersed in that 1st or 2nd row
  • Precise imaging and layering but I do think it could improve in the separation, especially if you want to create a wider stage.
Bass
  • Wow, this is one of the best implemented DD’s I’ve heard in an IEM. Closest to this is the RN6 but I prefer the mid-range of VE X vs the RN6
  • Tactile, dynamic, punchy, thick and full bodied – I love love love this bass quality, especially in the lower mids
  • Tightly controlled, punchy and weighty mid-bass slam
  • Could use a little more sub-bass extension but more than sufficient in providing that baseline support to give listeners that sense of immersion and thickness created by bass resonating instruments.
  • Cellos, bass guitars, kick drums, trombones all come to life with fullness of sound to fill your head
YMMV, depending on several variables. Source, tips, environment, preferences etc…

In summary, I’ve not had the desire to write anything about my audio experiences as of late, especially with new IEM’s being released at an insane rate but you know you found something special when you feel the need to share your impressions and experience with the community. One of my favourite IEMS to-date was the Noble Ronin which I recently sold because I was craving an IEM that could still be as musical and engaging but with that DD slam and tactility. I’m happy to say that VE X fits that bill. I don’t have the desire for another IEM (for now) or until something comes out that can produce the same type of engagement and musicality but with a greater degree of all the aforementioned metrics that an IEM of this type can produce in terms of sound. A few caveats, those looking for the widest soundstage, extreme technicals or more bite to their treble, may look elsewhere.

Thanks again to @aaf evo for the pass on kudos to the @Vision Ears team again for this outstanding product and letting us enjoy music the way it was intended to be enjoyed!

Edits: I forgot to also mention, this is a sensitive IEM and has been known to produce a louder than tolerable hiss with high end AMPs and DAPS but I didn't experience that with the M9+ and perhaps on really quiet tracks I heard a little but not enough to bother me.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #5,699 of 5,715
Here we go!

Vision Ears VE X (VE10)

If you’ve read any of my impressions for Indigo, Phonix, Mentor etc.. these are my usual disclaimers.

Powered by the right audio gear, I love music and how it has the power to invoke fond memories and emotions of past and present life experiences with my family. I’m a fan of warm and natural/organic W and mild V shaped sound signatures with moderately elevated sub-bass, a lush, full-bodied midrange, and forward organic vocals. But I also want to experience a good sense of depth, air and space in the entire compilation.

Tested on genres such as Classical, Jazz, Pop, EDM, Hip Hop, House, Anime Music, Movie scores, Game soundtracks, and other soundtracks such as Wonder Woman, Batman Begins, Inception on stock cable with 4.4mm termination on Shanling M9+ and did some tip rolling landing on Azla Origin’s L. I will also say, VE X handles many genres extremely well and could easily be one of the best all-rounders available to-date.

20240220_172721.jpg20240222_110218.jpg

I’ll start off by saying that I liked the Phonix and in general, the VE house sound. I would have liked to put EXT through the motions more but it was an IEM where the universal just never agreed with my ear shape despite all the tip rolling.

I like how VE took a slight departure off the typical acrylic and resin-based IEMs. I prefer materials that provide more durability and longevity. The VE X definitely fit my aesthetic preferences in that regard. It also looks futuristic and more industrial yet provides the function necessary to create a great experience with the venting and comfort.

20240220_174658.jpg20240223_160845 (1).jpg
Tonality and Timbre
  • Organic. It is detailed, lush and has a natural warmth that envelops and hugs your senses
  • Balanced but with that VE mid-range and vocal sweetness and all instruments play nicely in their own lane yet coherent and cohesive
  • Tonally accurate and natural to my ears
Design, Comfort, Fit and Build Quality
  • Snug and very comfortable, excellent fit for universal
  • Great piece of engineering art. Futuristic and Industrial aesthetics, high quality materials SS and plastics, Azla Origin ear tips are amazing
  • Several hours (3+) of listening with no issues around comfort, fatigue, or soreness
Treble
  • Good treble extension and airiness for me, but treble heads will likely look elsewhere
  • Sufficient bite but could likely use a little more splash from cymbals for more realism and excitement
  • Smooth and silky all the way to the top and slightly rolled off
  • Not a single ounce of peaky’ness, harshness or sibilance, especially on tracks with strong treble presence and strong annunciations of “S” or “TSS” sounds
Mid-Range
  • This is the magic of the VE house sound. Full-bodied, forward, and immensely musical, engaging and dynamically muscular and weighty
  • Instruments sound natural, dynamic, deep, dense and alluringly hypnotic
  • Pianos have amazing density and note weight that fills the space enough to immerse you but not congested
  • Violins sound organic and ‘cry’ with sense of emotion and extension that I don’t easily experience in audio
Vocals
  • World-class, best vocal representation I’ve heard in an IEM. The VE house sound gives that breath, air and extension that you crave when you listen to both female and male vocals but it especially shines with female vocals and high notes.
  • Forward presentation – Centered, accurate, natural, good amount of breath and not shy to whisper sweet notes to bring you all the way to audio bliss
Soundstage/Imaging/Layering/Separation
  • Moderate stage width but has more depth. Compared to Ronin, it is perhaps not as technical in terms imaging, layering and separation but it is by no means congested or ‘too’ intimate to my ears.
  • Excellent sense of space but maintains vocal intimacy to make you feel immersed in that 1st or 2nd row
  • Precise imaging and layering but I do think it could improve in the separation, especially if you want to create a wider stage.
Bass
  • Wow, this is one of the best implemented DD’s I’ve heard in an IEM. Closest to this is the RN6 but I prefer the mid-range of VE X vs the RN6
  • Tactile, dynamic, punchy, thick and full bodied – I love love love this bass quality, especially in the lower mids
  • Tightly controlled, punchy and weighty mid-bass slam
  • Could use a little more sub-bass extension but more than sufficient in providing that baseline support to give listeners that sense of immersion and thickness created by bass resonating instruments.
  • Cellos, bass guitars, kick drums, trombones all come to life with fullness of sound to fill your head
YMMV, depending on several variables. Source, tips, environment, preferences etc…

In summary, I’ve not had the desire to write anything about my audio experiences as of late, especially with new IEM’s being released at an insane rate but you know you found something special when you feel the need to share your impressions and experience with the community. One of my favourite IEMS to-date was the Noble Ronin which I recently sold because I was craving an IEM that could still be as musical and engaging but with that DD slam and tactility. I’m happy to say that VE X fits that bill. I don’t have the desire for another IEM (for now) or until something comes out that can produce the same type of engagement and musicality but with a greater degree of all the aforementioned metrics that an IEM of this type can produce in terms of sound. A few caveats, those looking for the widest soundstage, extreme technicals or more bite to their treble, may look elsewhere.

Thanks again to @aaf evo for the pass on kudos to the @Vision Ears team again for this outstanding product and letting us enjoy music the way it was intended to be enjoyed!

Edits: I forgot to also mention, this is a sensitive IEM and has been known to produce a louder than tolerable hiss with high end AMPs and DAPS but I didn't experience that with the M9+ and perhaps on really quiet tracks I heard a little but not enough to bother me.
Great review and +1 to all of your comments. I am really happy with my VE 10, for all the reasons you highlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back