Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jul 8, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #1,697 of 5,715
@aaf evo - Completely agree with you. The engagement factor is insane. The detail retrieval is incredible. The clarity is like crystal.

@toaster They're very very good :) I suspect there's some brain burn-in required for me though. It's such a grand presentation of music. It's the most 'speaker-like' IEM that I've heard. Quite astonishing how huge it sounds.

Tip rolling at the moment and playing with the settings to see which one I like. Settings 2 & 1 are my favourite so far. Setting 1 feels more familiar to other IEM's I've heard with its elevated bass that closes in the sound a little bit. But even on setting 1, there's plenty of treble presence and air, and the mids don't seem congested at all.

What tips are you guys using?
I am using the 145’s currently. My Azla Sedna’s will not fit which is a bummer. The 145’s work well for me though. I also ordered the new Azla Xelastec 2 to see if that one might fit. I will let you all know if it does. The double flange tips were good as well. What is your experience?

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #1,698 of 5,715
I am using the 145’s currently. My Azla Sedna’s will not fit which is a bummer. The 145’s work well for me though. I also ordered the new Azla Xelastec 2 to see if that one might fit. I will let you all know if it does. The double flange tips were good as well. What is your experience?

I'm using the 145's at the moment too. I like the double flange's, but one of the L size tips arrived damaged (half of the flange is missing. Looks like its been torn off somehow) so I've asked Johannes if they can send me a new one.

Tried some Azla Sedna Lights and they were okay, but I found them a bit uncomfortable in comparison to the 145's and the double flanges.

Which setting are you liking the best?

Jul 8, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #1,700 of 5,715
@mvvRAZ was correct about the black shells being fingerprint magnets. Mine is already covered in prints. The included cleaning cloth will be getting some heavy use
I'm especially particular about prints though I think - I also got the Onyx Black faceplates and I've legit just been drooling over them as they sit in the box because I simply can't use them without getting them covered in prints

A friend was sending me pictures of the LE and I can't say that I wasn't drooling pretty badly...

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #1,701 of 5,715
I'm especially particular about prints though I think - I also got the Onyx Black faceplates and I've legit just been drooling over them as they sit in the box because I simply can't use them without getting them covered in prints

A friend was sending me pictures of the LE and I can't say that I wasn't drooling pretty badly...

The LE would probably drive you nuts then man lol... Day one and they’re already setting off my OCD. Might have to invest in some white gloves 😂

While I’ve got you, can I ask if you’ve done any cable rolling on your Erlky? And if so, have you found any winning combos?

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #1,702 of 5,715
The LE would probably drive you nuts then man lol... Day one and they’re already setting off my OCD. Might have to invest in some white gloves 😂

While I’ve got you, can I ask if you’ve done any cable rolling on your Erlky? And if so, have you found any winning combos?
I have done but just a little for the time being. I’m waiting on a fat shipment from @Eric Chong, and as soon as that comes in I’ll be writing up a full cable post for the Erl - there’s one top secret cable that I think might sound especially good with the King

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1,703 of 5,715
I have done but just a little for the time being. I’m waiting on a fat shipment from @Eric Chong, and as soon as that comes in I’ll be writing up a full cable post for the Erl - there’s one top secret cable that I think might sound especially good with the King

Wow, alright cool I’ll be waiting eagerly to hear your findings :)

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #1,707 of 5,715
I'm using the 145's at the moment too. I like the double flange's, but one of the L size tips arrived damaged (half of the flange is missing. Looks like its been torn off somehow) so I've asked Johannes if they can send me a new one.

Tried some Azla Sedna Lights and they were okay, but I found them a bit uncomfortable in comparison to the 145's and the double flanges.

Which setting are you liking the best?
I am still kind of deciding. I have been using number 2 lately. I do like 1 though as well. Depending on the recording, even 4 and 3 have sounded good. At the moment I am favoring 2 though. We will see, that might change. What have you been using?

I received this from VE:

1. Full bass
  2. Reduced bass
  3. Less bass
  4. Less bass and reduced highs: with this setting you’ll feel that the mids be more in focus

5. However I think setting 1 may have a slightly reduced highs.

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #1,708 of 5,715
@mvvRAZ was correct about the black shells being fingerprint magnets. Mine is already covered in prints. The included cleaning cloth will be getting some heavy use
Mine are still fine. I still have yet to need the cleaning cloth. I had sent the picture, mine are not showing any. I will monitor.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #1,709 of 5,715
I am still kind of deciding. I have been using number 2 lately. I do like 1 though as well. Depending on the recording, even 4 and 3 have sounded good. At the moment I am favoring 2 though. We will see, that might change. What have you been using?

I received this from VE:

1. Full bass
  2. Reduced bass
  3. Less bass
  4. Less bass and reduced highs: with this setting you’ll feel that the mids be more in focus

5. However I think setting 1 may have a slightly reduced highs.

I've been switching between 1 & 2. 3 & 4 were too bass-thin for my preferences.

I also suspect a slight reduction in highs on 1. Not a huge amount though. The highs on 1 are still very detailed and open sounding to me.

@aaf evo I find the Erlky very comfortable with the CP145's too. Can get quite a deep fit and they feel very secure. Impressive for such a heavy IEM!

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #1,710 of 5,715
I've been switching between 1 & 2. 3 & 4 were too bass-thin for my preferences.

I also suspect a slight reduction in highs on 1. Not a huge amount though. The highs on 1 are still very detailed and open sounding to me.

@aaf evo I find the Erlky very comfortable with the CP145's too. Can get quite a deep fit and they feel very secure. Impressive for such a heavy IEM!

Yep! The weight does feel a bit weird in hand but they don’t bother my ears when I’m using them. The shell with that great round shape does wonders too.

Setting #2 is my favorite as I feel it’s best matched across all genres of music, I go to #1when I want some more thump though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back