Virtue Audio-anybody hip to them yet??
Jan 21, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #31 of 51
I am trying to decide between a new piano m1 or something used from Audiogon. I keep coming back to the piano. Probably going to make a decision soon.
        bjles

Jan 21, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #32 of 51
I love my Piano....very well built, think "a tank that plays CD's".
I got Mesa sides and a Cherry top.....I love it, as a matter of fact I've been spinning CD's pretty much non-stop since receiving it!!!
The combination of the DAC and transport is perfect, the sound is clear, crisp, and really hard to explain...there is a dynamic feel to the music now. 
Enjoy whichever way you go!!

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #33 of 51
I wish they had a DAC. I don't keep any CDs anymore.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #35 of 51
I just asked Seth about a DAC on another forum....LOL.....
Here is my TWO.2 and Piano M1 for those who may be interested.

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #36 of 51
Got a TWO.2 , definitely small in size, big on sound. A great tripath amp to be.
wink_face.gif

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #37 of 51
I am so close to ordering the Sensation M451 with tube buffer for my planers.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #39 of 51
Yes I did it.

Ordered the Sensation M451 with tube buffer, cap upgrade and battery power supply for my planers.

Credit card jumped out of the window but nevermind I have 3 more!

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #40 of 51

Yes I did it.

Ordered the Sensation M451 with tube buffer, cap upgrade and battery power supply for my planers.

Credit card jumped out of the window but nevermind I have 3 more!

Very curious as to how this sounds. I like the One.2 so much with my HE-6's, a Virtue amp was my first thought when I ordered my Magnepans.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #41 of 51
I will give my impressions when it arrives.
Did not even know what a T amp was a few weeks ago!

Mar 12, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #42 of 51
My Sensation M451 arrived about 3 weeks ago still not fully burned in yet and I have changed the tube to a new Full Music 12ax7 tube which I feel does improve the sound.
Due to the back order of the battery power supplies I am having to use the cheapest power supply while I wait for mine to be sent. This means that although it easily drives the HE-6's and LCD's the power output into 50ohms is about the same as my other amps which although not bad by any means is not what I bought the amp for. When the battery supply arrives it will be outputting nearly 4 watts per channel 
biggrin.gif

At the moment it has good and bad points.

GOOD

Superb detail,clarity,transients and speed.
Excellent soundstage depth.
Excellent PRaT

BAD

Far to much hiss,especially with the LCD's so basically makes them unlistenable (although disregarding the hiss they do sound spectacular!). HE-6's not so bad especially with rock and metal. (still maintains excellent detail and clarity though)
Bass could be deeper
Highs could be smoother and better defined.

Even with the tube buffer it sound very SS like to me.
I expect the cheapo power supply is the cause of most of these problems as well as the need for further burn in. I will submit a formal review once burn in is complete and the batteries arrive.
A number of people have other Virtue amps and have no hiss even with sensitive phones so I am hoping for massive improvements.

So far I am liking it but feel its not got anywhere near its potential yet.

Mar 12, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #43 of 51
Hey there...when i got my TWO.2 Seth told me to give it time to break in and mine really started to open up within 72 hours and a week or so later was getting better and better...they take time but mine sings. I have a YWO.2 with Auricaps and 30/130 power supply, I also got a Piano M1 CD Player a few months later and that piece is AWESOME!!! I'm 53 and its the best CD player I have ever owned-period!! If you or anyone gets a Piano or any of the other products where you can upgrade the power cord its the best way and least cost wise to elevate the sound even more. I hang on audiocircle and have gotten to know Seth Krinsky who owns Virtue and let me just say that the quality of hie gear is like the quality of the owner himself--incredible gear and an incredible guy and group of folks on the team. Ask him anything and they will find out what to do to make anything thats bugging you go away. I don't use Virtue Tube Buffers and have a tube DAC-09 from Grant for that piece, but this little Orange TWO.2 and Piano M1 are with me forever, great stuff...give it some time and if its not right tell them about it, don't just suffer in silence because there may be a fix.

Mar 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #44 of 51
Seth as already agreed to extend the 30 day trial period so that I can get to listen with the battery pack. Moving up from the cheapest power supply to the best should lead to much better sound and no or far less hiss according to many other peoples comments. It already does some things very well.
I forgot to mention the build quality is exceptional!

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #45 of 51
They'll figure it out and make it easier along the way...enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back