Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We need to know witch one is better overall:

a- Coal powerplant
b- Hydro powerplant
c- Wind powerplant
d- Nuclear powerplant
e- Solar powerplant

Nuclear give the best dynamic, but the coal give warmer presentation. Wind give the most natural sound and the hydro powerplant give more low level details. :wink:

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #242 of 327
Quote:

a- Coal powerplant
b- Hydro powerplant
c- Wind powerplant
d- Nuclear powerplant
e- Solar powerplant

Nuclear give the best dynamic, but the coal give warmer presentation. Wind give the most natural sound and the hydro powerplant give more low level details. :wink:

I hear that some people find solar to be too bright!
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #243 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by cegras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Coal and Nuclear both generate electricity via a steam dynamo ; P.

Solar, I think, produces DC, so that's pure stuff.

Electric current must be changed to AC for traveling long distances, otherwise the Joule effect kicks in and greatly increases the power losses.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #244 of 327
Quote:

a- Coal powerplant
b- Hydro powerplant
c- Wind powerplant
d- Nuclear powerplant
e- Solar powerplant

I hear that some people find solar to sound too bright!
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #247 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the power plant joke would've been funny if it wasn't A) beaten into the ground B) double/triple posted and C) riddled with stereotypes or misinformation

in other words: epic fail.

I actually think it hit the nail on the head. If it offends or disappoints it may because it's hitting too close to home.
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #248 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, please, please keep on quoting me. It's fun to annoy obobnoxious.
icon10.gif

I'm layin' low.
redface.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #249 of 327
biggrin.gif
LOL on the power source...

For power, I have a 120volt/1400 watt UPS battery, which is 50% greater than the total draw of my system, connected to the main. An Equi=Tech 1500 watt balanced power distribution unit is connected to this. The studios use Equi=techs to lower their noise floor and UPS provides filtered uninteruptable AC, accounting for variances or complete outages in power.

The Equi=tech supplies power to Furmans for all the solid state analog gear. Anything with a motor is on a dedicated Furman connected to a dedicated filtration port on the Equi=Tech. The digital devices are connected to a Furman connected to a dedicated port on the Equi=Tech. The tube gear, preamp, crossvoer and amps, are connected to a Bybee power conditioner which is connected directly to the Equi=Tech on a dedicated port. (One can specify the configuration when ordering to suit). This eliminates eddy currents and digital noise from flowing back into the power supply, ending up in the analog domain and adding a layer of noise to the floor. A good UPS power strip and a PS would provide the same thing in principal for less current-demanding configurations.

I find the noise floor signifcantlly lower in my system. The cost was substantially less than buying high end power cords for each of the devices. Any anamolies in the power source are a non-issue. Given I haven't experimented with power cords, I have no opinion on same. I do have heavy guage power cables but nothing esoteric. My thought about the VD power cord is that perhaps the filtration of those large magnets accomplishes a similar thing. The cost of that one cable would be too prohibitive for me however...

But, hey, more power to you!
beerchug.gif
<end of dribble>

Apr 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #250 of 327
Hi Patrick, got a new toy then hey.

Flicked through most of this thread and you seem stronger then ever, and dare I say abit healtier in the pics!

Apr 3, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #251 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by practitioner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Patrick, got a new toy then hey.

Flicked through most of this thread and you seem stronger then ever, and dare I say abit healtier in the pics!

Yes, tweaking your system with Genesis cables does that to you, when installing them you need to bend your body in awkward positions and it makes you sore.
After I have lived with Judge cable for a year I will take new pictures of myself, maybe Judge power cable will make my muscles huge like bodybuilder.

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #253 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was serious about that power filter, it would seem rude to use such a nice power cable if you don't have a filter somewhere in the line.

I have replaced the JuiceBar powerstrip with Acoustic Revive RTP-4 Ultimate. The RTP-4 is like PS Audio Quintet + Premier Power Plant combined but without the lack of dynamics, the RTP-4 sounds neutral and uncolored. The Judge power cable is Quintet + Premier + MultiWave + boosted bass and speed.

Combining RTP-4 + Judge power cable gives an overkill of low-level detail. I love low-level detail but this is way too much! I have replaced my K1000 with Etymotic ER4P. The synergy is good now but more tweaking is required.

Apr 4, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #254 of 327
you replaced the K1000 with ER4P's...

Apr 4, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #255 of 327
Ah, you already had one. I was expecting some form of standalone box, forgot they make em in strips.

You only use one set of cans with this rig? I would think you would have every headphone that costs over one grand in there by now.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back