Virtual Dynamics Judge power cable arrived
Mar 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #226 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so why is the member with $20,000 power cables crazy?

My opinion has nothing at all to do with him buying $20,000 power cords; I support this. It's the fact that he buys them, says that they're their the best he's ever heard (I think he cuts and pastes the same statement each time... "More bass, more low-level details; I thought the [insert last power cord purchased] was the best ever but this is even greater!"), then cuts them up into small pieces while shoving them into rolls of toilet paper. He then repeats this twenty times a year. Let me ask you guys this... would you support your significant other doing this with your bank account? I didn't think so. If this isn't some big joke on his behalf, we are totally enabling this guy financially destroying himself so that we can get a giggle out of his behavior every time he posts something.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #228 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I read awhile ago that he's a pro pool hustler. I could be wrong though.

Actually I heard he was a rare spice trader from Madagascar before loosing his voice in a plane crash returning to Sweden to visit family. Which explains his whispering. The millions he made from the settlement with the airline ensure he's be financially set.

In fact, rumors are floating around that he has since contracted VD to build an even more elaborate cable called "THE CORE", that contains 24 1" solid core gold wires inter-braided together to form the largest/purest CD interconnect the world has ever know.

Instead of a crate, it comes with it's own fork lift.

It's true. I read it on the internet.

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #229 of 327
~curtains open and the spot light shines as a man speaks into a microphone on stage~

I can't even begin to describe this thread, Patrick you are a man by all definitions crazy to most if not all on here at head-fi. Now let us remember this man is perusing his passion in audio much like we all have..Be it speakers amps headphones cables what ever were all guilty in some way shape or form to this hobby. In a way we all share his experience however crazy his endeavors into audio bliss maybe we must respect what he does as we, be it small or large, also pursue audio with passion..its the whole point behind us being here on head-fi.org
smile_phones.gif

~lights out and curtains close~

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #232 of 327
I feel it necessary to post on this thread because Patrick posted a comment of mine from way back when, even though I've refrained from posting about VD cables for a long time now due to 2 reasons: 1) certain users opinions of me being a shill for VD in the past (which was completely untrue) just because I gave my honest opinion of their power cord, and 2) my extreme distaste for Rick's company policies, customer service, and extremely overpriced and not-always-well performing cables.

First off, Patrick, I really think you have gotten taken in by Rick and his bull****. He is a con-man and ignoramus, plain and simple. He doesn't understand why his cables may sound better than others, and he has no ethical standards as recently evidenced by the fact he won't produce more cables for you because he's losing money, but had no problem suckering you in and robbing you of $25K+.

I will be the first to admit, I own the VD Master LE 2.0 power cord, but I only paid $900 for a B-stock cord. It is, to this day, the best sounding power cord I have ever used on my equipment. Their power cords are very good and beneficial. But is it better than a source upgrade? Not a chance. I also won the Master LE 2.0 digital coax and wound up selling it because, frankly, my $80 Cobalt Cable Ultimate digital coax sounds much better and is extremely neutral and accurate.

My neighbor got scammed by Rick and had to wait 45 days to have his money refunded to his credit card. Not only that, he wanted to return his VD speaker wire which he insists are no better than other speaker wire 1/3 the price, but Rick made him feel guilty and told him he then needed to buy ALL VD cables to put in his system to make it sound good.

It is for these reasons that I would never buy another VD power cord. I don't like giving my hard-earned money to liars and scammers. I much prefer to give my money to honest people in the field, engineers who actually know why a certain cable might sound better in your system. Lee at CryoParts is one such person, extremely honest and helpful with no product overpriced or exaggerated. And there are many others in this field, too, who are honest and respectable.

Ultimately, it is your decision what you choose to spend your money on and if you feel it makes your audio better than so be it. We still don't know precisely the nature of electrons and how one single electron can appear in several places at once; just ask a quantum physicist. So it is very possible that cables and cords do exhibit a real difference. I think so, you think so, and many others in this hobby think so as well. Just give more thought to what is really happening within those cords before you give that much money to someone who really has no clue of what that is. For that kind of money, you could have installed solar panels on your house and generated your own, clean power without the need to filter it through a $25K+ power cord.

I wish you the best now and in the future, Patrick. Please just give more thought to who you send your money to, for the sake of yourself and our community.

All the best,
PJ

Mar 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #234 of 327
And how do you go about distinguishing the sound of the power cord from the rest of the system?

Hilarious videos though btw, best thread....ever...

Mar 29, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #235 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
keesue: please stop quoting phil, he's blocked for a reason

Hey, I'm just dribbling! Heh....

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #236 of 327
I must say that i think VIRTUAL dynamics is a perfect name for the company that made these cables.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #238 of 327
We need to know witch one is better overall:

a- Coal powerplant
b- Hydro powerplant
c- Wind powerplant
d- Nuclear powerplant
e- Solar powerplant

Nuclear give the best dynamic, but the coal give warmer presentation. Wind give the most natural sound and the hydro powerplant give more low level details. :wink:

Mar 29, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #240 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by keesue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I'm just dribbling! Heh....

Oh, please, please keep on quoting me. It's fun to annoy obobnoxious.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back