Violectric V222 and V202
Sep 28, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #797 of 1,901
I will need a couple of weeks because I am overloaded ATM. Preliminary impressions are very positive.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate your response and look forward to the review.

Sep 28, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #798 of 1,901
Sep 28, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #800 of 1,901
I have been in the market to upgrade my ss amp and the V222 was one of the two I was looking at...The other being the Schiit MJ3, but with Drop offering the V22 at the price listed it is too good to pass up...My question is dac related...I have read, watched and been told that the BF2 is a great pairing with the V222...I am wondering if any of you guys have tried it with a Gungnir and what you impressions were..thanks in advance for any input

Sep 28, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #801 of 1,901
In terms of performance, would someone speak to how the V222 might stack up against the Singxer S-A1, for example? I am considering the 222 for use in my study. I've used the V281 before, but it might be too "overkill" for my study. BTW, the V222 may be paired with a Schiit Bifrost 2/64.

V222 is better in every way compared to the SA-1.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #802 of 1,901
Great price for a great amp.

I couldn't resist. Seduced by reviews of Violectric amps paired with my favorite HP, the Senn 800s, I ordered a V222.

This even though I dearly love my recently purchased system and have no plans to sell: Schiit Jotunheim 2 and Bifrost 2, coupled with my Senns 800S, 58x Jubilee, 600 and 650.

The Jot is another amp that loves the 800S. The Jot also can operate like a preamp, unlike the V222.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #804 of 1,901
Great price for a great amp.

I couldn't resist and ordered a V222.

This even though I love my recently purchased system and have no plans to sell: Schiit Jotunheim and Bifrost 2, coupled with my Senns 800S, 58x Jubilee, 600 and 650.
I pulled the trigger also @Hatmann. I have been looking to upgrade my solid state amp for a while now..It was at the top of the list with the MJ3, but from what I have read and been told it will pair very well with my Atrium..The hard part now is the wait :laughing:..I will have time to figure out if I just want to order a BF 2/64 or go another route.

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #805 of 1,901
Quite the Sennheiser army
My second favorite Senn is the 58x -- easier to drive than the other Senns with a good low end.

It was fantastic for streaming with my Thinkpad laptop and a Moondrop Dawn dongle.

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #806 of 1,901
I pulled the trigger also @Hatmann. I have been looking to upgrade my solid state amp for a while now..It was at the top of the list with the MJ3, but from what I have read and been told it will pair very well with my Atrium..The hard part now is the wait :laughing:..I will have time to figure out if I just want to order a BF 2/64 or go another route.
Get a Modi Multibit 2 and stop there. They fit like a glove. Perfect tonality and timbre. Liquid as Yggi A2 and BF OG, fun and punchy as BF OG but more air like Yggi, and unlike 2/64 not as cold and sharp in the upper octaves and more coherent through the frequencies.
Tried all three DAC's and the Modi+ with the V226 (BF 2 with both boards, Yggi with A1 and A2), Yggi is in my main system but MM2 stays on the desktop with the 226.

Another great and even cheaper combo is the Modi+. Smooth, very fun and engaging, like the BF2 OG but better tonality (more air).
Imho, tonally the best combinations are Yggdrasil A2, Modi Multibit 2 and Modi+ (yes Modi+ is that good).
Bifrost is a very fun and engaging combo, but not as tonally correct because of the dark slope - this is a taste and synergy question question (HD800?). I liked it a lot but still prefer A2 and MM2. But to summarize - all the above DAC's will sound amazing with the V222/226 and 202.

All those combos will sound very good with neutral headphones and do so with my modded 6XX, several Hifiman Planars, Audeze's and ZMF's. Pick by budget and tonality.
Darker with Bifrost OG, neutral/bright with 2/64 and Yggi A1 (a tad sharper/thinner sound),
tonally/timbrally perfect fit with Yggdrasil and Modi Multibit 2, with everything being superlativ on Yggi and very good on Modi Multibit and very good with Modi+, without the Multibit special sauce holography/spaciousness but still nice wide soundstage.

With the Atrium I would go BF 2/64 tho, the Atriums slight dark slope and generally full and organic sound will fit perfectly with the 2/64.
And they will punch like crazy, you're in for a treat. :)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #807 of 1,901
My second favorite Senn is the 58x -- easier to drive than the other Senns with a good low end.

It was fantastic for streaming with my Thinkpad laptop and a Moondrop Dawn dongle.
The BF 2/64 is probably what I am going to get...I am working on something else also (I replied to your pm) if that falls through then I will get a 2/64...I have read and have been recommended that the V222 and BF 2/64 are a great pairing for the Atrium.

Sep 29, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #808 of 1,901
I couldn't resist. Seduced by reviews of Violectric amps paired with my favorite HP, the Senn 800s, I ordered a V222.

This even though I dearly love my recently purchased system and have no plans to sell: Schiit Jotunheim 2 and Bifrost 2, coupled with my Senns 800S, 58x Jubilee, 600 and 650.
You also MUST try an OTL tube amp with those Senn's.

Sep 29, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #809 of 1,901
Sep 29, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #810 of 1,901

The 58x is good with low powered gear, but it has quite a few issues IMO when driven by gear that is capable of properly driving it. This applies across multiple amps and DACs. Most of it is in the bass where they become boomy and highlight the distortion/lack of definition in the bass region. I feel that both the HD650 and HD660s are significantly better on powerful amplification. It will beat the HD650 when both are driven by low powered amplification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back