Violectric V222 and V202
Jun 21, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #646 of 1,779
Nope...I've seen too many of this man's reviews.

(but I do love Violectric gear)
Reviews? More like rants, but at least it's somewhat entertaining. I just watch his videos for entertainment only.

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #647 of 1,779
Nope...I've seen too many of this man's reviews.

(but I do love Violectric gear)

Reviews? More like rants, but at least it's somewhat entertaining. I just watch his videos for entertainment only.
Yeah, I don't watch his reviews as much as I used to because I blame him for some of my past impulse purchases and I can do without all the cussing/rambling. I did however find this one entertaining where he hosted Ryan from Modhouse. Ryan is developing an interesting new HP with custom made parts and I think he mentions ZMF is assisting with the pads. They go through a range of amplifiers trying to match it up with gear strong enough to drive it. Vioelectric was able to push it with the gain switches maxed out.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #650 of 1,779
Yes and no, SQ will be better, but if you want to use external DAC it's single ended input only, so limited options for DAC, and most mid fi DACs sound better via balanced output.

With V226 or V380 i wouldn't use external DAC. How the V380 DAC perform to external DAC?
Right now im thinking of V226 or V380 (without external DAC), or maybe V222 + Bifrost 2/64.

Jul 4, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #652 of 1,779
Has anyone here compared the V202/V222 to the Magni Piety? I know they're at completely different price points, but they both lean slightly warm and are said to have some of that euphonic "tubey" sound so I'm curious to know how much more musical and engaging people find the Violectrics compared to the Piety. I'm interested in how staging, detail retrieval, etc. also compare, but that really natural and musical sound is what I care about the most.

I ask because I currently have the Piety and am considering the upgrade. My DAC is the Modi Multibit 2 (so I kind of feel like my amp and DAC are the baby version of the V222 and Bifrost 2/64 that I've seen revered in this thread) and my headphones are the HD 6XX and ZMF Atticus, and I'll probably also be getting a ZMF Auteur Classic, so all high impedance dynamic drivers. I appreciate any opinions!

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #653 of 1,779
They are different. From a technical standpoint the V222 is simply another league. The tightness, the control, driver grip, the linearity, punch/slam, the resolve etc.

The Piety's selling point is its unique, way more colored signature, a somewhat guilty pleasure to some. It's not an amp to care for high technicalities.

Jul 5, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #654 of 1,779
Thanks for the response! Would there be any issue with me keeping my Modi Multibit 2 on top of the V202? The MMB2 stays cool but I'm not sure how hot the V202 gets

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #655 of 1,779
No problemo with the V222

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #658 of 1,779
I decided to sell my Violectric V222, it's on Fleabay at the moment.

The difference in sound quality vs a Schiit Valhalla 2 with the proper tubes wasn't enough for me to justify keeping the V222.
Maybe stupid question from a guy who are not too much into tubes: Does that mean that after all, you found that the V222 has a tube sound (as to you it wasn't superior to Valhalla 2)? Many thanks:smile_phones:

Jul 11, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #659 of 1,779
Maybe stupid question from a guy who are not too much into tubes: Does that mean that after all, you found that the V222 has a tube sound (as to you it wasn't superior to Valhalla 2)? Many thanks:smile_phones:

The v222 did sound marginally better than the schiit, but not enough to justify the price difference. So yes, to me the v222 has a warmish/tube like signature to it.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #660 of 1,779
The v222 did sound marginally better than the schiit, but not enough to justify the price difference. So yes, to me the v222 has a warmish/tube like signature to it.
Many thanks - I bought the V222 for that reason, but have been in doubt of the (my) definition of "tubyness". I have recently replaced the stock tubes in my Pro iDSD and in combination with the V222, I get a terrific result (However, not that much different compared with the iCan Pro, but the V222 seem to have a much darker background)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back