Violectric V200 The Smooth Operator
Feb 15, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #31 of 45

Quote:
Man I need another amp like I need a hole in the head.. Sigh...

I am going to buy the V200 from Robert at Aphrodite Cu29, well he'll be sending it out in a day or two. He's also sending me a V181 to play with and they will both be getting reviews as well.

LOL Zom maybe he will give a real nice discount for two amps.

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #32 of 45

Quote:
Great write up, Frank. I agree...Robert was very good at answering all my questions. I also have a thing for German products. The V200 goes great with the Rein Audio X-DAC. I was in the market for the V800, but read similar impressions about the Rein, at $500 cheaper. I find that the V200 sounds really good with all my cans, the LCD-2's benefiting the most. I have never heard music like this before. So smooth, so warm, so engaging. I find myself listening to the whole song, instead of breaking it down and focusing on different aspects as much.

Thanks and I agree both the amp is very good and Robert is tops and one great guy to deal with.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #33 of 45
That's one thing about Robert, man, he loves letting folks hear different things.
He has allowed me to audition several things, and no pressure to buy.
I've sent some things back and have purchased others.
So, i suppose he knows what he's doing.
"The first taste is free" and all.... 
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #36 of 45
Great review, Frank!  I agree on all counts.  I use it with T1's and a W4S DAC-2 as a source and it really is engaging.  Refreshingly addictive you might say.  My poor Woo has been on forced vacation since the V200 arrived :wink:

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #38 of 45
Terrific review Frank! Really in-depth and well considered. A pleasure to read too. Thank you.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #40 of 45
Feb 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #41 of 45

Quote:
Great write up, Frank. I agree...Robert was very good at answering all my questions. I also have a thing for German products. The V200 goes great with the Rein Audio X-DAC. I was in the market for the V800, but read similar impressions about the Rein, at $500 cheaper. I find that the V200 sounds really good with all my cans, the LCD-2's benefiting the most. I have never heard music like this before. So smooth, so warm, so engaging. I find myself listening to the whole song, instead of breaking it down and focusing on different aspects as much.

This man speaks true words. I purchased mine from Aphrodite Cu29 as well.

The V200, Rega DAC, and Blue Heaven RCAs are so damn good together. Just winwinwin all around. Warm, engaging, detailed, FUN. The thing makes no noise either and doesn't get to warm. I have a picture-a-day calendar on top of it. I feel the V200 really does shine with better recorded music...you can really tell what era music was recorded in. 

Currently listening to George Duke's A Brazilian Love Affair for the first time and like it quite a bit.

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #42 of 45
nice, succinct review Frank.  hope all is well.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #44 of 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back