Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced (September 2023 Update: Limited Reissue Edition up for preorder!)
Apr 25, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #5,911 of 5,914
Don't want to open a can of worms here, but could be the cable. Less pure copper. Can you give us more details about the headphone and the different cables/adapters you may be using?
I used my Tungsten DS with the stock cable terminated into 4.4mm and used adapters for the XLR and 6.35mm connections for the same cable. I also noticed when I unplug the 4.4mm socket there's a buzz through the headphones not present with the xlr and 6.35mm. Does anyone else experience this?

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #5,912 of 5,914
I used my Tungsten DS with the stock cable terminated into 4.4mm and used adapters for the XLR and 6.35mm connections for the same cable. I also noticed when I unplug the 4.4mm socket there's a buzz through the headphones not present with the xlr and 6.35mm. Does anyone else experience this?
I just checked this, and I don't decern any buzz from any of the outputs, using the HE1000 Stealth.

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #5,913 of 5,914
As with every "jack", also the Pentaconn will make short circuits when it is plugged in.

Plugging in/out the Pentaconn is even worser compared to the 1/4" output as the Pentaconn will make 4 short circuits instead of 2 for the 1/4".

This may result in a temporary overload of the amps which is not critical but may cause sound issues for a short period of time.

Although our amps are well protected against such overloads, it is recommended to cut the amp from the output connectors with the aid of the "HEAD" or "MUTE" button whilst plugging in/out jacks.

Such is not necessary for the 4-pin XLR !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back