Violectric HPA V200 Why not sufficiently appreciated??
Mar 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #16 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
because noone wants to pay so much money to listen to 5532's?

HD 800 are expensive - but compared to other cans worth every cent.

V100 is a great amp , do not know which opamp No. or what is inside - have not opened the box yet; what ever they did HD 800 likes it and so much more I like what I am hearing. There might be a better amp for HD 800 outthere - so far could not find one - any ideas ?

V100 is not cheap but worth every cent if you want to come a huge step closer to the real thing (live classical acoustic concerts, jazz or whatever music).
Some tube and hybrids costing few times more than V100 kind a suffocate HD800, somewhat colouring the sound in a worst possible way i.e. you can not hear what is HD800 in reality capable of : transparent, sound stage, instrument separation, speed etc.
I am not mentioning those amps - maybe other people like what they do, I am surely not. To me it looks like no "christmas tree amp" can properly drive HD800 ?

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #17 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, i hope those are not in the signal path. [..] I've seen those NE5532's too

Truth hurts. They are.

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #18 of 341
Quote:

Truth hurts. They are.

What's wrong with the NE5532? Did one kill your dog?
wink_face.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #19 of 341
Quote:

Truth hurts. They are.

leeperry, which one would you go for HPA v200, Symphony, or stagedac\concerto combo?
Do these latter amps fit better amps?

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #20 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoReMi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
leeperry, which one would you go for HPA v200, Symphony, or stagedac\concerto combo?
Do these latter amps fit better amps?

too many advices on head-fi look biased and written by shills, so I'll refrain from getting too specific
redface.gif

you want:
-a high quality pot, to avoid stereo tracking problems...possibly stepped
-a high quality linear regulated PSU...possibly discrete, so it doesn't throw EMI onto the audio circuits
-either a high quality discrete design, some high end opamps, or swappable sockets...w/ a whole bunch of decoupling caps to help stability
-a nice case
biggrin.gif

I know one brand that does all this, it's even a head-fi sponsor!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebhelyesfarku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong with the NE5532? Did one kill your dog?
wink_face.gif

let's see? because they sound like ****?

I don't have a dog btw
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #21 of 341
Quote:

too many advices on head-fi look biased and written by shills, so I'll refrain from getting too specific
redface.gif

you want:
-a high quality pot, to avoid stereo tracking problems...possibly stepped
-a high quality linear regulated PSU...possibly discrete, so it doesn't throw EMI onto the audio circuits
-either a high quality discrete design, some high end opamps, or swappable sockets...w/ a whole bunch of decoupling caps to help stability
-a nice case
biggrin.gif

I know one brand that does all this, it's even a head-fi sponsor!

I don't have a dog btw
tongue.gif

A shill is person who is paid to help another person or organization to sell goods or services

Which one do you help ? Bryston 160 (on the way) ?

I think everybody has different taste. If I or who ever here shares his experience about gear or whatever nobody is forced to take it as granted ??
How can we know that you are not a shill or extraterestrial or fake ?
We can not tell, but you can ?

Cheers

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #22 of 341
bryston
confused.gif
no, I'm going to cancel on the Burson I think anyway, I've got other plans now...and it's been back-ordered for too long.
I'm writing this post from heaven if that can help
ooodawnooo.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #23 of 341
Quote:

bryston
confused.gif
no, I'm going to cancel on the Burson I think anyway, I've got other plans now...and it's been back-ordered for too long.
I'm writing this post from heaven if that can help
ooodawnooo.gif

So after posting 4907 posts one gets to heaven ?
When did you manage to listen to music ?

Maybe now, heaven is timeless, or ?

Sadly, looks I will never get to heaven, huh ...

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #25 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoReMi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering why this apparently superb ampli doesn't seem to raise enough interst in HeadFi.

I'm not sure but waterlogic is doing his best to promote the amp in every thread possible.

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #26 of 341
Quote:

I respect your experience, in your opinion this op-amp is not good, I also believe others share your opinion. However I have the pleasure of having listened to a couple of amps w/ the 5532 and I thought it sounded better than many of the newer op-amps. Yes it could that my ears are shot, or that the designer was better at extracting more out of the 5532.

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #27 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I respect your experience, in your opinion this op-amp is not good, I also believe others share your opinion. However I have the pleasure of having listened to a couple of amps w/ the 5532 and I thought it sounded better than many of the newer op-amps. Yes it could that my ears are shot, or that the designer was better at extracting more out of the 5532.

Any good engineer can tell you that there are good and bad designs . Therefore, claiming that a component sounds like **** by itself is ridiculous.
It either fits into the design or not.

Also many people nowadays are tricked into believing that only with tubes one can achieve certain characteristics, those who know better will tell you that this is just a marketing mystics snake oil dope... Tubes can be useful though, if you intend to read your newspaper at their glimmer in the dark.

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #28 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i guess some people just don't like some certain op-amp/device. i personally prefer this little amp to let say, that lehmann amp or that burson audio amp.

Mar 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #30 of 341
Quote:

anyway, it's a non-issue as the 5532's are on swappable sockets..but w/ the added cost of four AD797 or LT1028, we're +$100 higher?

5532 do the bare minimum, if you're into this..then, be it.

the best opamps have been thorougly compared here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/aud...-v-2-a-397691/

I am starting to admire your humour .
Best opamps being compared using a heavily moded DIY amp ! ?.

Like forcing Miss Frankenstein to play Miss Universe role.

You made my day ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back