Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Jan 4, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #916 of 1,217
Well, after quite short but still thorough and extensive testing, i can honestly say, yhat first of all Hulk is a better by far cable than kimber, secondly, 10k requires quite a good amplification, and not too birght one, cause they're bright by nature. And dear hf fellow members, its quite an impressive item to own, they're cooler than many over ear hps just because theyre portable their sound is mature and high end, quite unlike many other phones. They are 10x better than my solars. By many features, but mainly theyre organic sounding, very real, natural, acoustically proper.
Cheers and happy new year every one!
They sound so good with the Calyx M...

Jan 6, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #918 of 1,217
I had the Xelento before and although they sounded magical with some songs, with others their V shaped signature made the music feel a bit harsh. In the end I sent them back because of it and because of fit issues (hard to get a good consistent seal).
The FW10K sound amazing with everything, it's just right on the money.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #920 of 1,217
Admittedly, I haven't head the FW10K, but looking at the graph on Crinacle's site, it doesn't look neutral, with a large peak in upper mids / lower treble regions.
Life on paper is not exactly the way it goes in the real world.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #921 of 1,217
Life on paper is not exactly the way it goes in the real world.

Based on my experience with the FDX1 and its similar peak in the upper mids / lower treble, I have a real world experience of how what's on paper sounds to my ears - and I wouldn't call it neutral.

I've been interested in the FW10K (and thus me following this thread), but that peak has been putting me off on making a purchase.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #922 of 1,217
Based on my experience with the FDX1 and its similar peak in the upper mids / lower treble, I have a real world experience of how what's on paper sounds to my ears - and I wouldn't call it neutral.

I've been interested in the FW10K (and thus me following this thread), but that peak has been putting me off on making a purchase.
FB_IMG_1578308616119.jpg

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #923 of 1,217

The FW10K measures pretty similar to the FDX1 without filters... minus 5dB in bass. Based on what you posted about tolerating the undamped FDX1, I doubt you'd be happy with the FW10K.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #925 of 1,217
Thanks, James. Have you had a chance to listen to the FW10K with any of your preferred test tracks for upper mids / lower treble emphasis?

Not yet. I'd love to give it a try at some point, but at the same time I know that measurements can't be wrong to such an extent that I wouldn't find the FW10K too bright for my taste.

My hope is actually rather set on the new FW1500, which uses the same driver but is said to sound a little less upper mids / lower treble forward.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #926 of 1,217
i've listened to all worth single dynamic earphones, to me 10k is just the perfect way, i guess ,as the jvc is japanese, they never scraap money for a bespoke product,unlike others , that arent japanese, (usewd to live there for 6 mopths and visited for 5) they do miracles on their anniversary products, and as far as i get ,the indutry isnt quite happy bout that/
besides that would be really cool to try this one with calyx, as mentioned above, also would be nice to try with some LP top line products,astell has disappointed me.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #927 of 1,217
Bout the cable, yes, hulk turnednout to be a good match, but. Im still waiting for my toxic to be fixed, silver gold one, this one made miracles on JVC

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #930 of 1,217
2K76CyU.jpg

Here’s a pair of FW10000 that are... Not for sale:beyersmile: Of all the earphones I have — FW01, FXT200 LTD, FXZ200 — none other sound quite like them.

I’ve remembered the FXZ200 for their bass, but when I listen to them now, the difference isn’t dramatic. I’ve remembered the FXT200 LTD for crisp, clear sound, but now they sound dull.

The FW01 was like the best of the FXT200 LTD and the FXZ200.

And the FW10000 isn’t a successor of the FW01 so much as it’s in a completely different league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back