Victor-FX700 or Monsters Miles Davis Tribute?
Jul 15, 2010 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

samuel219

Head-Fier
I have owned the shure SE530,and I'm seeking some else awesome.

And I'm interested about these two IEMs.

Does anybody who owns those two earphones could compare it for me?

Or just suggest the (All-round) better from those two,thanks!!!

Jul 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #2 of 25
You lose isolation, but the FX700 are the better sounding between the two (more micro details) and better than the SE530 too IMO........

Jul 16, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 25
What do you want to get from your music?  What signature do you want??  Detail freak?  Timbre freak?  Mids freak?  Bass freak?  Sit in a Lazy Boy stretched out w/ slippers or moving around banging your head and rocking out?  Stravinsky or Godsmack?

Whats your gear?  Synergy is important too.

Jul 16, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 25
Somewhere deep in the FX-700 thread, Eric and I and some others have made quite some comparisons between those two. Go read it up. I have forgotten how the exact sound of Miles Davis, since it was quite some time ago since I listened to them.  

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 25
I think I am a detail freak
L3000.gif
    And I'm looking for some IEM which can perform well on the classic music,I'd like to listen to some orchestra play.

Now what I'm looking for is the IEM which can show the detail about the violin's fidelity moving.

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #7 of 25
SM3(spurb midrange, deep punchy bass, wide soundstage and clean extended highs) are clearly better than SE530 but FX700 has more bass, clear detailed midrange and extended highs with wide soundstage.

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 25

Sorry for taking so long to respond Samuel, but your questions were basically answered by the other regulars. I don't feel like retyping all the differences between the MD and FX700, so forgive me, plus I don't own the MD anymore so it would be purely based on memory. But as koonhua stated, if you do some research in the threads, you will find quite a bit about the MD compared to the FX700. I would add also that if you live in the U.S., there is now a distributor for the Earsonics SM3 in the states. For someone who loves strings, this would be your best choice. And also, you can get this $400 IEM for about the same cost as the  FX700 would hit you for now (around $320). So that would be my new recommendation. Happy listening.
Quote:
Thanks to ericp10's opinion,could you tell me the advance between FX700&Miles Davis?

I'd like to know more about the multi-aspect to them,thanks

Jul 16, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 25

Quote:
SM3(spurb midrange, deep punchy bass, wide soundstage and clean extended highs) are clearly better than SE530 but FX700 has more bass, clear detailed midrange and extended highs with wide soundstage.

ZARIM, is this your own opinion? Have you heard both the SM3 and the FX700? They're not in your sig under 'heard' or 'current', so I'm not sure if you've heard them or not. But your post makes it seems like you have. If so, which did you prefer out of the SM3 and FX700?

To the OP: I had the MD's for a short time, and I can definitely say I much prefer the FX700 over them. I like the edgier sound of the FX's, and the vocals aren't too forward and thickly warm like the MD's. The FX has a brighter more sparkly treble, a more impactful bass, and vocal placement is great for someone like me, who doesn't like overly forward mids. The MD's are nice enough, but they were way too warm for me, didn't have enough treble sparkle, and the mids were too rich.

Of course, that description could be someone else's dream sound signature
smile.gif

Jul 16, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 25
For the OP.  If Classical and Violins are what you are after the FX700's have to be the best thing out there for you.  The clarity and air of the open wooden housing w/ the timbre of the wooden driver make the FX700 the easy choice for you.  The MD's are a different beast altogether.

@Eric  After much ABing and tip experimentation the MD's are less warm than the DDM's by a noticeable margin.  There is also better treble and upper range clarity to my ears.  

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 25
Yes, Anaxilus, the DDMs are quite better than the MDs IMO. And you are right in what you said to the OP about the FX700 for classical and violins, but in my opinion the SM3 is even slightly better if he can get them both around the same price. If not, go with the FX700. Either way you can't go wrong.

Quote:
For the OP.  If Classical and Violins are what you are after the FX700's have to be the best thing out there for you.  The clarity and air of the open wooden housing w/ the timbre of the wooden driver make the FX700 the easy choice for you.  The MD's are a different beast altogether.

@Eric  After much ABing and tip experimentation the MD's are less warm than the DDM's by a noticeable margin.  There is also better treble and upper range clarity to my ears.  

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #13 of 25

Quote:
Yes, Anaxilus, the DDMs are quite better than the MDs IMO. And you are right in what you said to the OP about the FX700 for classical and violins, but in my opinion the SM3 is even slightly better if he can get them both around the same price. If not, go with the FX700. Either way you can't go wrong.

Lol, actually I was referring to the DDM being warmer and less clear in the upper registers than the MD.  
tongue_smile.gif
  The DDM does win on soundstage and separation though.  And string detail.

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #14 of 25
lol @ Anaxilus, in that case we disagree regarding warmth.. I think the MDs are waaaaay warmer than the DDM. The DDM is smooth, but I wouldn't equate that with warmth.

Quote:
Lol, actually I was referring to the DDM being warmer and less clear in the upper registers than the MD.  
tongue_smile.gif
  The DDM does win on soundstage and separation though.  And string detail.

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #15 of 25

Quote:
lol @ Anaxilus, in that case we disagree regarding warmth.. I think the MDs are waaaaay warmer than the DDM. The DDM is smooth, but I wouldn't equate that with warmth.

Yeah, the MD's sound warmer if I don't get the right fit w/ the right tips.  Having mastered their insertion and seal after all this time the shoes on the other foot now.  The Monster tips are actually an impediment to the clarity of the MD's IMO.  I have Bi Flanges w/ larger openings and they let the MD's breath better up top than the DDM's can.  I tried the tips on the DDM's but couldn't really improve them much since they already use larger channeled tips.  The DDM's are too warm for me now.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back