Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount!
Oct 17, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #287 of 344
Aria is in "da" house!!!!

Listening has begun. Initial impressions are VERY favorable. Not as "v" shaped as I thought ...nicely balanced with, shall we say, "enhancements" on both ends. Not drastic. I'm going to enjoy my time with these...

Thanks Luke!!

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #288 of 344
  Aria is in "da" house!!!!

Listening has begun. Initial impressions are VERY favorable. Not as "v" shaped as I thought ...nicely balanced with, shall we say, "enhancements" on both ends. Not drastic. I'm going to enjoy my time with these...

Thanks Luke!!

So glad you're enjoying them! Please feel free to shoutout some songs you like on Aria so I can tune in to what you're enjoying. :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #289 of 344
Well @Luke Pighetti, I do have fairly eclectic tastes, but the majority of my listening usually centers around instrumental rock...which I'm finding Aria particularly shines with... here's an example for you: a lesser known band, the Travis Larson Band...a trio of VERY talented musicians, but more importantly (to me at least) they write good songs, too. Here's one for you from the Album they put out in 2015 (Shift)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFa0UpvYYYE

You Tube doesn't sound as good as a good media player, but you'll get the idea...I hope you enjoy!!

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #290 of 344
So, I finally got to plug in the Aria, today, into my DX90 it sounded exceptional straight from my player. I had read some where that is v shaped but to be honest at least to my ears, it sounds very balanced. Yes, it does have exceptional depth and extension in the low and high end's but not once in the past couple hours I have felt underwhelmed or have to strain to pick out details of the mid range. Not to mention that the vocals have nice presence and the overall tonality of the Aria seems to be something that really fits well with both my player and my self. Coming from the Earsonics SM64 v2 I was figuring it would take some burn in for my ears to adjust to the frequency difference and tonality changes with the Aria before having to pass my judgement on it's sound quality. But as of right this minute that was not the  case, as far as the ability to sound impressive straight from a  DAP the Aria gets a "A+". Now once I pair with the Meier 2stepdance, ibasso PB2, and my desktop Audio GD NFB 28 then I will start the write up on the full review. 

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #291 of 344
  So, I finally got to plug in the Aria, today, into my DX90 it sounded exceptional straight from my player. I had read some where that is v shaped but to be honest at least to my ears, it sounds very balanced. Yes, it does have exceptional depth and extension in the low and high end's but not once in the past couple hours I have felt underwhelmed or have to strain to pick out details of the mid range.

I'm glad I'm not crazy.... That's exactly what I thought.  IDK if there was an issue with the tour unit originally, but I found Aria to be very balanced... I almost thought Luke slipped in a Maya when I first heard them. Glad you like them WhiskeyJaks... I'm on to hashing out the review (which is, for me, the hardest part)

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #292 of 344
I checked it out when I got it back in the shop and everything was fine. In fact, all I did was replace the faceplates so they match what's on the website now. 
smile.gif

All I can figure is that some people like vanilla and others like chocolate.

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #296 of 344
Any updates from the next tour peeps?:thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back