Vesper audio custom earpads impressions thread
Oct 19, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #76 of 98
Hi,

Vesper Audio Cables made me a balanced 4.4 pentaconn cable for my Klipsch x20i IEMs. Is there even another headphone cable like this in the world?! I want to confirm that they did an amazing job making a custom x20 cable for me. I have them making a 3.5 unbalanced cable for me now. Simply the coolest thing I've ever spent money on. I can't imagine there are many cables like this in existence, if any at all!

Klipsch x20i Balanced 4.4 Pentaconn by VesperAudio Cables
Klipsch x20i Balanced 4.4 Pentaconn by VesperAudio Cables
Vesper Audio

Oct 30, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #77 of 98
I just replaced my Audeze Sine Ear Cups. The new ones, in soft Cherry coloured leather are made by Vesper Audio. I opted for the over ear pad design in soft leather and memory foam, which are much more comfortable than the original On Ear design. The quality of the materials and construction are excellent.

Dec 21, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #78 of 98
I have been looking for replacement pads for my ATH ES-10 and comments by @smallcaps convinced me to give Vesper Audio a try. I also got angled pads with perforated leather and to say I'm pleased is an understatement. I agree with their review - my primary goal was also comfort and aesthetics, but improved sound was a nice bonus.

Dec 21, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #79 of 98
I just replaced my Audeze Sine Ear Cups. The new ones, in soft Cherry coloured leather are made by Vesper Audio. I opted for the over ear pad design in soft leather and memory foam, which are much more comfortable than the original On Ear design. The quality of the materials and construction are excellent.
I'd love a picture if you have time, I was thinking of ordering the exact same thing :)

Dec 13, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #80 of 98
Hello, I'm posting here for the first time to say how impressed I am with Vesper Audio. Hopefully this is the correct forum for such a post. I recently received a pair of custom leather ear pad replacements for an older pair of Blue Mofi headphones (whose lightly used stock ear pads were actively and disappointingly deteriorating). After a careful installation, the new hand crafted ear pads look and feel beautiful with an immediately comfortable fit - and now I'm actually looking forward to finding a new use for this pair of otherwise forgotten headphones. I'm not affiliated with Vesper Audio in any way, and this will sound a bit hyperbolic, but it's *almost* a shame that such a unique and well crafted niche artisan creation is now installed on an otherwise mass produced mid level product. These ear pads have certainly elevated this pair of perfectly functional Blue headphones, which otherwise would have faded into obscurity within my collection - undoubtedly finding their way into the bottom of some dusty closet or junk drawer simply due to inferior manufacturing material on the stock ear pads. If anyone is looking to rescue an old pair of rotten headphones, and are looking for a solid company with prompt customer service, I highly recommend Vesper.

Jan 27, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #81 of 98
Lede - Vesper Audio is the only place I have found for good quality custom ear pads on my more esoteric headphones. When I don't want to gamble on eBay and can wait through the process, I trust and highly “recommend” Vesper.

Pro:
- Very good quality work.
- Very good materials.
- They are willing to work with you to build custom orders fitting your needs.
- Good customer service.

Con:
- The waiting queue before my build started was about two weeks, another week to build, and several weeks to receive the shipment.
- My payments were in bitcoin (for a discount) which is a cumbersome process; however, PayPal is also an option.
- Vesper is around twice as expensive as cheap "protein leather" ear pillows sold on eBay.

I have a pair of over ear closed back headphones (ThinkSound ON2) that I use for traveling and on video shoots. I wanted a pair of leather pads, and I wanted to boost the high frequencies a bit. Vesper made a pair of perforated leather (on memory foam) that did the trick for me.

Perhaps Vesper is not the cheapest option; but then, I was not looking for junk. They did NOT disappoint me. In fact, I am ordering a second pair in plain leather so I can select the highs that are most appropriate for the task.

Attachments

• 2B49C021-383B-4D1B-8CC5-05142717A54C.jpeg
    2B49C021-383B-4D1B-8CC5-05142717A54C.jpeg
    942.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #83 of 98
why do they use cheapest shipping method on default, without asking me?
It is stuck in transit for over 40 days, should I just keep waiting? quite frustrating second purchase...
Yes, I suggest to keep waiting. They are Well worth your wait. The post above yours kinda spelled out the potential time frame. I personally waited about 45 days (this was about a year ago), and am really happy I did wait... Best to you

Apr 15, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #84 of 98
Well, for those who are curious; Almost 90 days stuck in transit and ended up getting a refund.
The package was lost somewhere in Turkey, where the earthquake happened recently... (R.I.P.) maybe it wasn't a good period of ordering?
At least Belpost (Belarus post) did their job. Thank you VesperAudio for a good service. Better luck next time!...

Apr 15, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #85 of 98
Well, for those who are curious; Almost 90 days stuck in transit and ended up getting a refund.
The package was lost somewhere in Turkey, where the earthquake happened recently... (R.I.P.) maybe it wasn't a good period of ordering?
At least Belpost (Belarus post) did their job. Thank you VesperAudio for a good service. Better luck next time!...
When I ordered pads from them, it was in transit around 60 days. This was a few months into the war.

Unfortunately, I think because of the war and the fact that they sided with Russia, it slows things down alot for them.

Its unfortunate that their people pay the price for the decisions of the government.

They make really nice earpads.

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #86 of 98
When I ordered pads from them, it was in transit around 60 days. This was a few months into the war.

Unfortunately, I think because of the war and the fact that they sided with Russia, it slows things down alot for them.

Its unfortunate that their people pay the price for the decisions of the government.

They make really nice earpads.
Do they have express shipping options still? May be worth considering for peace of mind.

Apr 15, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #87 of 98
Do they have express shipping options still? May be worth considering for peace of mind.
Not sure but they ship out of Belarus so it probably will be quite pricey.

The earpads are of excellent quality, I use them on my focal clears. Leather feels like the type that they use for luxurious couches.

20230415_174103.JPG

May 8, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #88 of 98
Got my K553 MKII earpads from Vesper today. Full leather, cooling gel, white stitching + emerald ink color, increased ear hole diameter to 70mm from a stock of 60mm. Incredibly comfortable, doesn't seem to have sealing issues on my head. Resolution has increased a very notable amount in exchange for some bass & isolation.

Excellent work. Even better, if I move forward to other cans that use the 110mm format, I can use these.
P_20230508_171306.jpg

May 8, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #89 of 98
Got my K553 MKII earpads from Vesper today. Full leather, cooling gel, white stitching + emerald ink color, increased ear hole diameter to 70mm from a stock of 60mm. Incredibly comfortable, doesn't seem to have sealing issues on my head. Resolution has increased a very notable amount in exchange for some bass & isolation.

Excellent work. Even better, if I move forward to other cans that use the 110mm format, I can use these.
P_20230508_171306.jpg
Thems some pretty earpads.

How long did it take for you to receive it?

May 8, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #90 of 98
Thems some pretty earpads.

How long did it take for you to receive it?
~25 days working time + another month to receive. Very reasonable given how customs are. Actual time in transit was like 2 days, 28 in customs, and 3 until it got to my home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back