Vesper audio custom earpads impressions thread
Oct 31, 2017 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 98

strooper

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a pair of custom leather and memory-foam ear pads from Vesper Audio (https://vesperaudio.com/) to replace a worn-out pair of pads for my ATH-ESW990H headphones. The stock earpads are leather, but rather thin and a little painful, at least for me. They also have to be ordered from Japan through Ebay and cost ~50 USD. Vesper made me ear pads, customized to my requested dimensions, for just a few dollars more. They are excellent. They are much more comfortable. Look great. And fit the headphones perfectly. I'm very happy with them.

There aren't many options for custom ear pads, so I wanted to share with people my positive 20171031_140929.jpg 20171031_140929.jpg 20171031_140945.jpg experience with Vesper.

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 98
Just received those beautiful hand made pads for my M1060 headphones. They are really high quality and customisable. I went for perforated leather for the inner part of the pad, top is alcantara and outside is black leather. Padding is memory foam. Seller @Vesperaudio is very polite and can provide needed support, recommended and will order again!
20180314_120753_resize.jpg
DSC_2839_re.jpg
DSC_2840_resize.jpg
DSC_2841_resize.jpg
DSC_2845_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 98
Vesper audio helped me out and custom made earpads for my Koss Pro4aaa in finest soft leather.
I really like the sound from this vintage headphone but the original plastic pads are a bummer!
Vesper was very helpfull in this process and directed me so I could take the measurments they needed.
After about two weeks the pads arrive by post and they did fit perfectly.
The craftmanship are amazing and so is the look, but best of all, they are utmost comfortable.
The sound are also on top even better than before because the Vesper pads fit precisely around my ears making for a better bass responce.

I want to thank the friendly guys at Vesper for all help!

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 98
I have ordered many different types of pads from these guys and they were always patient to include my various crazy expectations (make it bigger make it smaller make it flatter etc.). Yes, this is a great company, customer focused and honest. They also successfully modified my piano forte X-G and VIII into mmcx sockets - yep, these are the guys who do such crazy things. Sennheiser IE800, also, which is unbelievable. Hope to work with them in the future and I give my greatest recommendation.

Jun 28, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 98
DSC01190.jpg
DSC01194.jpg

Hi

I have ordered another set ear pads from Vesper audio, this time to a rather tricky set.
The headphones are Pioneer Monitor 10 in superb state but the pads where hard from age.
Once again did the guys att Vesper a fantastic job the new leather pads are magic and transformed the headphones so they now are very comfortable to wear and the bass are back!
And they look superb to so I uploaded some pictures.

Kind regards

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #7 of 98
Recently got some new earpads from Vesper for my Stax SR-L500 and I absolutely adore them.
I almost like looking at them as much as I love wearing them.

I mean, just look at that delicious dark brown against the black Stax.
IMG_4280 (1).JPG IMG_4337.JPG IMG_4284 (1).JPG IMG_4285.JPG IMG_4338.JPG IMG_4281.JPG

All leather, memory foam filling and 20mm thick.
It's like wearing a pillow around my ears.

I'm going to order new pads for all my headhones from these guys :L3000:

Nov 9, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #8 of 98
Got a package today.
New earpads for my Mitchell & Johnson MJ2.
Slightly angled, memory foam, leather sides, alcantara on top.
These are a massive improvement on the stock earpads for the MJ2.
The stock earpads rest on the ear and I can't wear them for more than an hour before my ears start hurting.
But with these new pads fit around my ears and I can wear the MJ2 for hours and hours without trouble.
Very, very pleased!
Big thanks to Vesper for another high quality earpad set :beyersmile:
IMG_4468.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg
IMG_4472.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpeg
    IMG_4471.jpeg
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mar 28, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #10 of 98
hi guys, what about prices of those earpads?

I bought from them a pair of earpads for Beyerdynamic T1, all perforated real leather, with memory foam, according to dimensions I sent to them. Delivery and everything cost me 62.20 Euros. Mind you, I'm pretty freaking far away from them. Their service is top notch, I still haven't gotten the earpads, but it's not their fault.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #14 of 98
I don't have a fancy camera like y'all but I just got my VesperAudio pads in and I love 'em. XB-1000 pads, 25mm thickness, alcantara and leather, adapted to Stax L300s.

Took around 3 weeks to be made, then shipped to the US in a matter of days. Couldn't be happier--they're very well-made, exactly to my request, and fit and feel great.

WEc6XxY.jpg

7omLgza.jpg

ER62YIr.jpg

0n5eQ5K.jpg

Jun 11, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #15 of 98
I don't have a fancy camera like y'all but I just got my VesperAudio pads in and I love 'em. XB-1000 pads, 25mm thickness, alcantara and leather, adapted to Stax L300s.

Took around 3 weeks to be made, then shipped to the US in a matter of days. Couldn't be happier--they're very well-made, exactly to my request, and fit and feel great.

I'd say you buried the lede there as far as I'm concerned; love your keyboard.:beerchug:
Split ortho is the the only way.
I'm glad you don't have a trackball there, otherwise I might start suspecting you to be my lost twin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back