"Very Old" DCM Time Window 1A Speakers
Aug 5, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #16 of 32
man...long time ago...more than likely on to other things, however thought I would respond to your five year old message...for I to am the pround owner of 2 time window 1A's and 2 time windows 2's.

trying to find our what happened to dcm and what these speakers are worth...if you receive and any ideas let me know...hope you get this...thanks

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #18 of 32

Quote:
man...long time ago...more than likely on to other things, however thought I would respond to your five year old message...for I to am the pround owner of 2 time window 1A's and 2 time windows 2's.

trying to find our what happened to dcm and what these speakers are worth...if you receive and any ideas let me know...hope you get this...thanks

There seems to be a bit of information about them over at Audiokarma.  I'd bet someone there would know.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #19 of 32
Over the weekend I was in Athens, GA and while perusing one of the many Antique/Salvage/Junk stores thereof, I was indoctrinated into the the Time Window cult for the reasonable price of $100.  They are fully functioning and appear to be completely original.  The speaker cover "socks" are in pretty damn good shape considering the their age.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #20 of 32
 . I owned a pair I bought in 1987 which had fabric covering and dwas not square. I gave them to a guy and he restored them, My first high end speaker a 2 way that was incredible and lasted till 2009. Rechecked your picture sorry those are the ones I had.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #21 of 32
I wish I could discern when they were manufactured. They appear to be original parts.  However, I did notice that the woofer on the left was screwed in rather than epoxied.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #29 of 32
The Time Windows were my first hi-fi speakers too, just over 20 years ago! I had just bought a Pioneer A-91D reference amplifier at the time, and was in the market for a set of speakers. After scouring the South African town of East London where I lived, I met Hans-Joachim Fabianek who built the Time Windows, trading under the name of ARD. After hearing them the for the first time, I was blown away. All who visited and heard them agreed that they were without equal! I gave them to my younger brother a few years ago who still uses them. Every time I visit him, I'm once again reminded that these speakers still sound remarkable. Being instantly recognizable in both appearance and sound, I have to agree with you that they truly are classics!

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #30 of 32
I just purchased a pair of the original, hexagon Peerless woofer DCM Timewindows. I have AR 90s, Polk 10Ms, whole bunch of Advent models,HPM 100s, KEFs,Hereseys,BA 3 ways,several DQ10s...and now, finally, the TWs. I think the collection is complete. But I wont be able to open them, will I ? I usually recap. I cant find a word, anywhere about their crossovers. If they have Mylar or PPE caps, no worries...but if they used electrolytics....Does anyone out there have any info ? Thanks in advance. Also, the red chalk marks on the woofer and tweeter...Im guessing they mapped the polar response in a 360 degree circle for both drivers at the crossver frequency, and matched the dips face to face  to minimalize interference...wild guess...but, damn...that is some down home handbuillt tweaking. I read that replacing a blown tweeter with another peerless tweet of the same model will work...but the magic will be gone. This makes sense, slightly. Does anyone know the story of these marks ? Anyone ever opened one of these beasts up ? I read that these things are really not transmission lines at all...just some cardboard and PVC tubing in the port ....doesnt sound kosher to me...but, hey...what do I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back