"Very Old" DCM Time Window 1A Speakers
Jan 12, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #31 of 32
Not going to answer your question as I do not know but...

I sold a pair of DCM loud speakers about 2 years ago. I had mine for 20 years and they still sounded great and looked new the day I sold them. These things could get loud with bass that you could feel in your chest. Wonderful speakers but after getting married my Wife couldn't stand these giant speakers so I sold them.

Old DCM made great speakers.

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #32 of 32
I just purchased a pair of the original, hexagon Peerless woofer DCM Timewindows. I have AR 90s, Polk 10Ms, whole bunch of Advent models,HPM 100s, KEFs,Hereseys,BA 3 ways,several DQ10s...and now, finally, the TWs. I think the collection is complete. But I wont be able to open them, will I ? I usually recap. I cant find a word, anywhere about their crossovers. If they have Mylar or PPE caps, no worries...but if they used electrolytics....Does anyone out there have any info ? Thanks in advance. Also, the red chalk marks on the woofer and tweeter...Im guessing they mapped the polar response in a 360 degree circle for both drivers at the crossver frequency, and matched the dips face to face  to minimalize interference...wild guess...but, damn...that is some down home handbuillt tweaking. I read that replacing a blown tweeter with another peerless tweet of the same model will work...but the magic will be gone. This makes sense, slightly. Does anyone know the story of these marks ? Anyone ever opened one of these beasts up ? I read that these things are really not transmission lines at all...just some cardboard and PVC tubing in the port ....doesnt sound kosher to me...but, hey...what do I know.
If you find some Sonab's, they are worth a collector's effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back