Very large Grado SR325 Project
Aug 11, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #31 of 38
I know I'm on the list already but if you could please put me down for one with a decent headband
wink.gif

> Also hows the bowl/flat pad group buy with Todd going? I was thinking you may want to wait and test all the headphones before you buy them so you'll know exactly how many you'll need. Also It might be nice to give the buyer the choice between the flats and the bowls. Personally I would rather have the bowls but thats just me
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
Consider this a preliminary interest-post
wink.gif
I think I can DIY a headband
biggrin.gif

/U.

I'd be interested also in a pair with a decent headband. I can wire them myself.

Aug 11, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #33 of 38
Simply for clarification so no one gets confused, the SR325s without headbands are just the earcups with the normal wire attached. There aren't even the swivel things that attach to the earcups or the metal poles let alone the leather headband. Just FYI so it actually might be a little more difficult to DIY a headband. Thanks

Cheers!

Sidenote: Bulk purchase of earpads is not possible, so all you guys out there who are interested will have to buy new ones, unfortunately. However, that leaves you with the choice between flats/bowls/comfies
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, there are some SR325s with very cool metallic nuts that screw on to the top of the metal poles instead of the boring black tips. Anyone have an idea how old these are? They must be pretty ancient...

Aug 11, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #34 of 38
veritas, can you post pics of the pile 'O salvaged 325's?

That's got to be asight to behold.

I'm trying to think of how to DIY a hanger bracket replacement. I'm thinking using existing metal hardware or something. Somewhere along the lines where it will look maybe closer to the HP1000's or something.

Maybe the asthetically challenged 325's could be sanded and polished for a nice chrome finish or something.

-Ed

Aug 11, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
veritas, can you post pics of the pile 'O salvaged 325's?

That's got to be asight to behold.

I'm trying to think of how to DIY a hanger bracket replacement. I'm thinking using existing metal hardware or something. Somewhere along the lines where it will look maybe closer to the HP1000's or something.

Maybe the asthetically challenged 325's could be sanded and polished for a nice chrome finish or something.

-Ed

Yeah, I will try to post a picture sometime soon next week. I'm going to a function tomorrow and I'm not coming back until Sunday. I will definitely take a picture of the Grados not only for your viewing pleasure, but also to garner your faith that they truly do exist and are not a made up thing. Don't worry, the pictures will come!!! Thanks for all the interest and Edwood, that DIY headband sounds great, let me know if you come up with any concept models or prototypes.

Cheers!

Aug 11, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #36 of 38
This is just a thought, but from what I can tell, the 325 and 60 use the same head band. Someone with both series could probably verify this, but if so, these might be the ultimate upgrade for SR-60 owners.

A $70 headphone + $? drivers = something close to a $300 headphone?
rs1smile.gif

Aug 11, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #37 of 38
I would be interested in a pair of the aluminum enclosures. I don't need the headband, drivers, or cables really.

Aug 11, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #38 of 38
veritas and I have discussed this, and I appreciate that he was open about the fact that the intent here is to profit from the sales of these components that he picked up. I'm going to lock this thread up now. If you're going to be working on this with veritas, go ahead and PM or e-mail him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back