Very High end Speakers Boenicke audio
Mar 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #46 of 111
Thanks for the input though Eric you do make very good points

Mar 27, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #47 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by munk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the input though Eric you do make very good points

X2 to that

I think the difference in philosophy here is people who want a "perfect" reproduction of music, with good linear qualities, good imaging, no coloration, etc (like the speakers erik described), and the people who want a "good sounding" reproduction of music (whatever that may mean for an individual, yes I realize that "perfect" is a subset, but whatever)

these speakers are very very likely targetted at the later group, they aren't supposed to be "flawless" in terms of linear response, uniform traits, etc, they're supposed to look good and sound "good" (and at five figures SRP, I'm guessing you'd have plenty of audition before pulling the trigger, so you'd know if they were right for you)

I sort of agree with both sides
ph34r.gif
, I want "good" as in "low distortion" and "imaging", but I could care less if its suitable as an engineer's monitor, as long as it makes me want to dance
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #48 of 111
That is exactly right. These speakers are very specific to listening preference they wont be for every one but the ones that do like them love them. It is nice to see diplomatic reasoning and debate as opposed to: There is no way they would sound good your all wrong sort of mentality. If I wanted to argue I would go to a gamer/adolescent based forum
beerchug.gif

Let's put it this way now a little high jacking of my own thread who here would actually like to hear the Boenicke speakers first hand before solidifying their answer to the resonance verses none battle we have going on here.

Mar 28, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #52 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
honestly I've always thought those horns are just too ugly to tolerate, I don't care if they sound better than live, they're hideous, call me materialistic or vain, I don't care
biggrin.gif

Wow, I've always thought those were the most beautiful speakers I've ever seen. I'd kill for a set of those.

Mar 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #53 of 111
Those are ridiculous....bu mine are bigger
ferguson_horn.jpg

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #57 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just curious: what kind of discount do you get by writing a good review? There have been quite some "commercial" reviews floating around in various forums, lately.

Just curious, nothing more.

Exactly what criteria do you use when deciding who writes reviews for some sort of compensation?

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #58 of 111
I don't get any compensation. On my website my reviewers get to keep the products after they are reviewed (most of them) but we are unbiased and no matter what we never leave out any negatives. Review sites don't last long if they leave out important facts on products people wont read the articles anymore.

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #59 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by munk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THis is the craftsman his name is Stefan Hoehn
W20SE.jpg

Why would a serious craftsman have both a hole in his jeans and sandals on if he was doing serious machining on large and heavy blocks of wood. To me, it comes across as a FAIL.

Maybe it's different in Switzerland but in Canada even visitors are required to wear steel-toed boots and appropriate clothing if not for safety reasons than for insurance reasons. It's pretty basic workplace safety rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back