Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread
Sep 18, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #392 of 560
NX5 also good for Zen2.0 :wink:
14086242_1133081440119667_1365291710566984974_o.jpg

Doh! I need a dap before I buy another amp! :)

Sep 18, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #393 of 560
I'm pretty interested about the new Shozy BK and how it will stack against the zen 2.0

So far the opinion about the zen 2.0 being driven properly out of portable DAP has been split between those that says it will drive properly and those who does not. Thus I'm a bit uncomfortable about buying the zen as I'm not into stacking set up anymore.

Unfortunately I don't have a real dap to try it with. My phone can easily drive it to unlistenable volumes, but I'm definitely enjoying it more from the amp. I know that's not much help but I was surprised my phone could get them to those volumes.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #394 of 560
Unfortunately I don't have a real dap to try it with. My phone can easily drive it to unlistenable volumes, but I'm definitely enjoying it more from the amp. I know that's not much help but I was surprised my phone could get them to those volumes.

Which phone are you using? My phone (droid turbo) seems to be able to drive them to a decent volume although the SQ is not as good when compared to using a DAP. The Zen 2.0 is a beast when used with my desktop amp.

Sep 23, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #395 of 560
Which phone are you using? My phone (droid turbo) seems to be able to drive them to a decent volume although the SQ is not as good when compared to using a DAP. The Zen 2.0 is a beast when used with my desktop amp.

Agree volume is not a problem. My galaxy s7 can drive it plenty loud but it sounds different from different sources and amps.

Sep 23, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #396 of 560
After a week of playing around with the Zen 2.0 I can definitely confirm it is picky regarding amp/source, but when you find that right harmony...wow! Believe it or not for me it has been straight out of my laptop. I never even thought to try this combo until my portable amp's battery died the other night. Plugged straight in and couldn't believe my ears. Thought it was a fluke and tried again the next day at work. Same results. Now I know it's time for a different portable amp. Don't get me wrong they have never sounded bad, but if you find the right source to pair them with you will truly be amazed.

Sep 23, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #397 of 560
After a week of playing around with the Zen 2.0 I can definitely confirm it is picky regarding amp/source, but when you find that right harmony...wow! Believe it or not for me it has been straight out of my laptop. I never even thought to try this combo until my portable amp's battery died the other night. Plugged straight in and couldn't believe my ears. Thought it was a fluke and tried again the next day at work. Same results. Now I know it's time for a different portable amp. Don't get me wrong they have never sounded bad, but if you find the right source to pair them with you will truly be amazed.

I too actually enjoy the Zen directly from my laptop or an iPod Mini. Some other daps, it is not a good mix with.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #399 of 560
I've had my Zen 2.0 for several weeks now. During that time I've listened to them predominantly without foams of any kind. Yesterday I put on the monk thin foams on a whim and I really like what I'm hearing. I know I tried this combo early on and definitely didn't like it back then. I'm not sure if it's down to burn in or what. Although I must say the particular set of foams I'm using have been taken on and of m+ many times so they are quite stretched out. Not sure if that contributes to the experience or not.

Jan 2, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #404 of 560

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #405 of 560
I just need these again (sooner eventually) because I just snagged a Shanling M3 which pairs superbly well with this! The DAP costed $191 (us dollar). Figured I'd let you guys in on the deal.

M3 is a great dap which offers a neutral sound, airy highs (AMBIENCE), control and SUPERB decay (notes die smoothly into black darkness in the most natural way possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back