[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Nov 12, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #302 of 7,442
I like them a lot. Been listening to them a lot since I have them. Bought them for listening at home, when I could not use my stereo system but wanted to be able to hear when family talks to me, hear the doorbell/phone ring etc. Theyre of course excellent for that because of the non existent isolation, and the SQ is also better than expected! Sort of Sennheiser sound, dark but also kind of neutral. Very relaxed and accurate sound. Mozart, Haydn and Bob Dylan sound incredible.

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #304 of 7,442
My 2nd pair of Monks is being delivered by "Sinoair" instead of chinamail. Did VE change what delivery service they use? Will it be faster? 
etysmile.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #305 of 7,442
  My 2nd pair of Monks is being delivered by "Sinoair" instead of chinamail. Did VE change what delivery service they use? Will it be faster? 
etysmile.gif

we r currently using Ali Express 's official forwarding service only

so it is cheap and Ali group will choose the shipping methods for us.

they use pretty much everything other than China  post Airmail.

Also we will soon fix our site and sell directly , can't stand certain kind of "cheap" human beings asking for refunds for their own choice of shipping.  

also btw epacket is expanding to more countries~like norway, it is a very good alternative , but we can't really offer it on AE cuz the system only supports US with epacket, but we will be fix all those stuff once our own site is up and running

Cheers 

Lee

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #306 of 7,442
I checked the status for my Monks, and it says it has been "Posting" since 11/5. Is it stuck in customs?

Edit: I looked at everyone else's posts, and it looks like I have quite a bit of waiting to do... FYI, I ordered on the 29th.

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #307 of 7,442
You know what sucks? 

The Zen 1.0!

You want to know why?

Because I have been listening to these and they are so much better the Zen 1 isn't going to get anymore listening time.... like at all. 

The Zen 2 has been rocking my world today since it arrived. Can't take them out of my ears! 

The new custom transparent shells are more comfortable and the new cable looks sexy af and is much easier to handle than the Zen 1.0 cable. Very much like the Duke Cable also has an L shaped cable. 

Most importantt thing: It is a noticeable jump in sound quality, not just aesthetics. So let me talk about the sound quality first.

The Zen 2 is MUCH MUCH easier to drive. Much more sensitive than the first Zen. Ignore the first pic with the Amp, it runs just fine out of the X7, but a high quality amp will always improve things! You can run it out of anything with decent power (other FiiO daps and such I would imagine). Much appreciated improvement over the Zen 1.0.

Do note that I am using my earbuds foamless and out of my Geek Out V2 and the X7 and these are my initial impressions:

1. these immediately sound fuller without using foams 
  2. much more detailed with better micro details 
  3. denser sound and richer and still has that PRaT factor
  4. The Zen 1.0 sounded subpar with my phone whereas the Zen 2.0 actually sounds enjoyable but still not as good as with a DAP or attaching an amp to the phone but the Zen 2.0 is still much easier to drive than the Zen 1.0
  5. Soundstage sounds like I am using full size open backs. No joke. Massive soundstage with great depth height and width
  6. Treble sounds articulate and precise - cymbal splashes are defined without being crispy
  7. The Zen 2.0 isn't just marginally better but quite a bit better than the 1.0, an upgrade in every sense of the word
  8. Guitars sound so damn good thanks due to the midrange, good body and imaging as well!
  9. Dat bass control and texture!

I will update with more impresses after burning them in more. 

My summary of the Zen 2.0: 
eek.gif
 (my face while listening to it)

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #311 of 7,442
Why does shipping take ages even though you pay the shipping fee? It has been one month and tracking information hasn't been updated since 24th October. A little bit confusing.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #312 of 7,442
http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/43818254303.html

I've used Mistertao as a US buyer from Taobao, you have to pay a domestic and international shipping fee for that service and my payments are always getting blocked until I call up my bank for each transaction. The bank's fraud department doesn't provide me with any easy solution but that's how I do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back