Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Aug 8, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #648 of 662
@WayTooCrazy
Peoples seemed to say that Duke really needs an amp beside the low impedance? Did you tried as well?

For me it sounds very clinical, works well with specific kind of music. Will get the AE on the burner soon...

Used on the S8+, Fiio X5iii (SE and Balanced) and off of my VE RA2B (SE and Balanced). I haven't really played too much with tips yet. In all honesty, I still listen to 'buds the most. When I do pickup IEMs (since I can only listen to them for a little bit), my go to IEMs are also my least expensive. Iansean Museti. I'm sure once the VE Monk Smalls and Biggie drop... I'll have another set of IEMs to swap with as well.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #653 of 662
@noknok23 What is the model of the Spinfit you have? I purchased blindly, and purchased wrong. So now I need to get another pair. I'm still not a fan of the regular Duke yet. It sounds better from my S8+ with A1 than from my X5iii.

Aug 20, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #654 of 662
@noknok23 What is the model of the Spinfit you have? I purchased blindly, and purchased wrong. So now I need to get another pair. I'm still not a fan of the regular Duke yet. It sounds better from my S8+ with A1 than from my X5iii.
the SPC 100, they are quite hard to insert, sorry i couldn't find the og video this one is a bit stupid but you get the idea , what i do is that I pinch it to make the shell end more open instead of inserting the finger in the ear part.
be patient and careful of not putting any pressure on the cable meanwhile - it's easy to damage...

perhaps it bring down to personal preference, I use both duke and duke ae balanced on aune m1s, i find the ae too colored next to the original. Duke especially shine with classical recordings to my taste, love this https://www.discogs.com/Claude-Debussy-Alexei-Lubimov-Préludes/release/3568202

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #655 of 662
after trying the comply and spinfit, spinfit double flanges, the tips i like the most are actually the triple flange one included in stocks, they are a bit weird and uncomfortable to insert at first, but then, the comfort and fit is excellent while still keeping the sound signature intact. I used etymotic's video instruction for a flawless insertion and fit

Nov 26, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #657 of 662
i am using the duke with nuansa P1 + nuansa A1 on high gain since a couple of days, which is discrete amp rated at 215mW @ 33Ω. despite the duke being only 16ohm I hear significant improvements using an amp like others said before, there is not any spikes in the treble anymore, subbass start to appears and midbass has a nice punch. The sound is smoother, more body, but still crazy plenty of details. I used to like duke with aune m1s but it was sometimes too dry and a bit peaky on some recordings, now it is effortless with anything.
I wonder how different is the etymotics ER4XR compare with those, if anyone has both?

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #658 of 662
I love the Duke balanced from the M1S. Just the right amount of warmth and extension for my tastes
Which is slight warmth and good treble extension..

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #660 of 662

Users who are viewing this thread

Back