Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Jul 29, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #631 of 662
Finally getting some time to try the Dukes after burn-in (202hrs)...
20170729_184730.jpg

Jul 30, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #633 of 662
does the high lower after 200Hrs? they still **** my ears big time at the moment (roughly 100hr)

I think the standard Duke does not have a signature that I'm fond with (metal filter). I've rolled a few tips and I can't get into it yet. Gonna burn for another few hundred hours. The Duke AE though, that sound Great! Smooth as can be! I believe that has a fabric filter.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #640 of 662
Did some serious generated noise burn-in, not sure if I hear improvement or it's in my mind by at least my hears aren't wrecked by the high anymore... looks like it's going for the better :) very impressed by the speed and resolution of theses by the way

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #643 of 662
Aug 7, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #644 of 662
Alternative edition - less analytical, slightly more musical?... @WayTooCrazy do you think the cotton is the only thing in the mod? Haven't fully burned those one yet, focusing on the og now haha still after a month of sporadic burn in. But I feel like it's getting more stable now and I am really pleased. I really wish someone could provide graph for before and after burn in on these to see if the high lower down....

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #645 of 662
@noknok23 tbh...I just didn't jive with the sound of the normal duke. It sounded thin and not so engaging, even after 200hrs burn-in for me. The Duke AE was a little warmer, smoother, and more refined from first listen. Now, it is balanced, so that might have some influence. I do remember trying my SE adapter on it and still preferring it to standard. The SE Duke is back on burner for 520hrs (when I return from vacation). So I'll see how it sounds then. I'm still more of a 'bud guy than IEM guy it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back