Venture Electronics Thread
Nov 14, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #661 of 784
*Cross post from earbuds roundup thread*
IMG_9059.jpeg
VE ZEN SU & CAYIN N30LE

I reported here about a week ago that I received the VE Zen SU and I couldn’t quite gel with it and listed it for sale in the classifieds…well after persistence and letting them burn for a few days…they have opened up and sound less muffled and cleaner in the lower mids however this is still a very pronounced lower mids emphasis that can compromise some types of music. I will be ordering a more powerful amp to see if this helps open them up even more and also in anticipation for the arrival of my Yinman 2.0 600. So that being said, I’m keeping the Zen SU and taking it down from the classifieds. This set is special and definitely has a place in my rotation. Funny thing is that I missed its sound…I let it burn for a few days and listened to my CAX and spent some time with my Meze 109 pros and my Trifecta and had some jaw dropping experiences but I really missed the lush atmosphere and dynamic sound that the Zen SU spills over with in spades.🪄

IMG_9061.jpeg

This album on Zen SU is 🫠🤯🤤

The Dynamics on these buds is literally insane 🔥 as @ian91 and @s2kphile have pointed out
Did you get the Defiant amp with your SU?

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #662 of 784
IMG_9059.jpeg
VE ZEN SU & CAYIN N30LE

I reported here about a week ago that I received the VE Zen SU and I couldn’t quite gel with it and listed it for sale in the classifieds…well after persistence and letting them burn for a few days…they have opened up and sound less muffled and cleaner in the lower mids however this is still a very pronounced lower mids emphasis that can compromise some types of music. I will be ordering a more powerful amp to see if this helps open them up even more and also in anticipation for the arrival of my Yinman 2.0 600. So that being said, I’m keeping the Zen SU and taking it down from the classifieds. This set is special and definitely has a place in my rotation. Funny thing is that I missed its sound…I let it burn for a few days and listened to my CAX and spent some time with my Meze 109 pros and my Trifecta and had some jaw dropping experiences but I really missed the lush atmosphere and dynamic sound that the Zen SU spills over with in spades.🪄

IMG_9061.jpeg

The Dynamics on these buds is literally insane 🔥 as @ian91 and @s2kphile have pointed out
Zen SU owner here, you will appreciate the Zen SU more after plugging it into a powerful desktop amplifier. The soundstage is just insane 🤯

Nov 15, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #663 of 784
IMG_9059.jpeg
VE ZEN SU & CAYIN N30LE

IMG_9061.jpeg

The Dynamics on these buds are literally insane 🔥 as @ian91 and @s2kphile have pointed out

Zen SU owner here, you will appreciate the Zen SU more after plugging it into a powerful desktop amplifier. The soundstage is just insane 🤯

This is the key with Zen SU. Get a powerful desktop chain that runs neutral-cold to really hear the appeal. I have only held onto mine because it does a select few genres better than any other earbud out there. I don't gel with the fullness in the low mid and mid mid for much of my instrumental, however.

DAC choice is important too. You want a stage enhancer with an incisive sound to delineate things and cut some of the smoother tendencies of the driver.

I'm currently in the throes of a bad flu with sinusitis/congestion but look forward to getting back to buds including Zen SU, at which point I'll give that track you linked a listen.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #665 of 784
Anyone here know why my brand new Venture Electronics Prime Dac/Megatron and Runabout 2B-FE amp does not work with my Apple MacBook Air? This was my sole intention of use and all I’m getting is immense audio clipping. I haven’t read anywhere on VE site or AliExpress store that it doesn’t work with Apple products. If this is the case will they accept a return?

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #666 of 784
Did you get the Defiant amp with your SU?
No, I got the runabout 2b fe today but it’s not compatible with my MacBook Air it seems. If Defiant is the same I’m out of the Venture Electronics world.

Nov 28, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #667 of 784
No, I got the runabout 2b fe today but it’s not compatible with my MacBook Air it seems. If Defiant is the same I’m out of the Venture Electronics world.
I bought a used Megatron a few months ago and could not get it to work with my iPhone or iPad. Their customer service support basically said it wouldn’t, so I sold it on (with that caveat in the listing). Don’t know about any of their other DACs. Good luck - I hope you get it working.

Nov 28, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #668 of 784
I bought a used Megatron a few months ago and could not get it to work with my iPhone or iPad. Their customer service support basically said it wouldn’t, so I sold it on (with that caveat in the listing). Don’t know about any of their other DACs. Good luck - I hope you get it working.
Wow! They really need to state this on there website and AliExpress sites. Very disappointing…EDIT!! I figured out how to make it work!! Woot!!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #669 of 784
This was the answer I got:

“Hi, Megatron is designed for Android typec devices and windows PC. Iphone can not supply enough power. Some of our fans can make it work with a power bank. You can plug in the power bank on the "charge" interface. Sorry, this is only customer service. I'm not professional. Please ask in the FB group, Lee will answer you there. To find more info on VE and to know more about our community, feel free to join our FB group and join VE Clan! https://veclan.com/fb”

Nov 28, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #670 of 784

“Hi, Megatron is designed for Android typec devices and windows PC. Iphone can not supply enough power. Some of our fans can make it work with a power bank. You can plug in the power bank on the "charge" interface. Sorry, this is only customer service. I'm not professional. Please ask in the FB group, Lee will answer you there. To find more info on VE and to know more about our community, feel free to join our FB group and join VE Clan! https://veclan.com/fb”
I just figured out how to make it work on MacBook Air. Phew!!

When the Dac is plugged in to the MacBook Air it reads it as output and input….the input volume was half way up and clipping with the output volume. I just turned the input volume all the way down and Voila!!

I am good to go!! Thank you 🙏🏼

Nov 29, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #671 of 784

seen a few using a camera dongle to get it working, but yeah its not really made for apple stuff in mind since their ports run on a lower voltage.

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #672 of 784
Cross post from earbuds roundup thread

IMG_9169.jpeg

IMG_9170.jpeg

Venture Electronics Prime Dac and Megatron with Runabout 2B-FE

This little stack is amazing!! 🤩

Impactful, Punchy Dynamics for dayzzzz and razor sharp transients with tons of headroom, a large stage width and depth and resolving power in spades! Makes my hard to drive buds sing with Glory!!

Highly Recommended

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #673 of 784
Cross post from earbuds roundup thread

Venture Electronics Prime Dac and Megatron with Runabout 2B-FE

This little stack is amazing!! 🤩

Impactful, Punchy Dynamics for dayzzzz and razor sharp transients with tons of headroom, a large stage width and depth and resolving power in spades! Makes my hard to drive buds sing with Glory!!

Highly Recommended

Yes, a great combo indeed.
But if you like this housesound, you won't imagine how Defiant will sound.

LOL

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #674 of 784
Yes, a great combo indeed.
But if you like this housesound, you won't imagine how Defiant will sound.

LOL
Tell me more about the Defiant.

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #675 of 784
Defiant with LPS is my end game Solid State Amp.

No Mqa, no displays, Vintage Style but OMG.
Think a Ra2bfe on steroids, this is Defiant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back