Venture Electronics RA2BFE Impressions and discussion.
Jan 31, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #47 of 106
I don't know who fault it is, but there is not one single person that tried it and didn't like it!
I just want to plug my IEMs on mine
then hurry up and get back to work... lol

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #48 of 106
@Neithan
...and here it is with your favorite iems... with the help of the Shanling UA4 it is truly a magical sound... details, naturalness, power, tonality... a truly remarkable mix. :wink:

timeless.jpg

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #50 of 106
I will try it with the Prime DAC, or with my Fiio M11s as DAC.
I have high hopes for the Prime DAC 🙏
Ahhh... I forgot you got the full package. They say the Prime dac is exceptional... it will be a good challenge for the FiiO... Then tell me what you think... in case I'll give it some thought too. :wink:

Feb 8, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #52 of 106
PulWtop - Lotoo PAW S2 (line out) - RA2BFE - PULA PA02
You have no idea what this synergy is... just one word to describe it: Music

PawPula.jpg

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #55 of 106
Hi.. has anyone compare the Ra2bfe combo prime dac stack to hifiman ef400 ?? Or maybe can give an insight between those two?

Thanks
I have the EF400 and the RA2BFE but not the Prime DAC, but from what I understand from Andy's review on Youtube (Donglemadness) the Prime Dac should have the classic delta/sigma sound, therefore less musical and analog than the R2R present in the EF400, but more revealing and analytical. I think they are two complementary DACs.

Feb 14, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #56 of 106
I have the EF400 and the RA2BFE but not the Prime DAC, but from what I understand from Andy's review on Youtube (Donglemadness) the Prime Dac should
Ok.. So its a different kind of sound sig. Im about to use it with maestro se iem . Its a basshead iem, if i pair it with ef400 . Might go too warm for it i guess?

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #57 of 106
Ok.. So its a different kind of sound sig. Im about to use it with maestro se iem . Its a basshead iem, if i pair it with ef400 . Might go too warm for it i guess?
With the EF400 I easily listen to the HER10D which are headphones with a high bass weight, but also very extended in the highs so everything is balanced and they don't bother me at all. Of course, pairing an EF400 with an iem/headphone that has a lot of bass and little treble is not exactly the best... any R2R prefers balanced iem/headphones, but only listening can tell you what the situation really is. The Prime DAC, on the other hand, being more balanced and revealing, could certainly be the right choice for particularly generous bass IEMs/headphones.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #58 of 106
If you want to try a very balanced iem you can try a PULA PA02, I fell in love with it at the first listen... it sounds at the level of a TOTL and costs really little money. This way you will also find yourself an iem complementary to the Maestro.

Feb 15, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #60 of 106
Now if you do the opposite and remove the amplifier you will notice that the sound in the Timeless will suddenly become empty... when I did it the first time I was dumbfounded... When you go to improve you don't notice everything that it happens... when you go back you have a much more precise situation and you immediately realize what's missing... in a couple of days try going back and you'll see... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back