Venture Electronics RA2BFE Impressions and discussion.
Feb 20, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #76 of 106
For those interested, here is Andy's (Donglemadness) review of the RA2BFE + Prime DAC

Feb 27, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #78 of 106
Sorry, I didn't understand... the matter is very simple: the PulWtop comes out with a long cable that must be connected to the streamer (in your case the Hiby) and then with a power cable that goes to the wall socket. The dongle must be connected to the latest USB type C of the Pulwtop... that is, the only one powered and which tells you how much current the dongle is absorbing. In my case the long PulWtop cable is connected to a PC USB because as it does not carry current it does not overload the socket you connect it to and therefore it can also be used on a computer USB without problems. I hope I was clear now. :wink:
Hello!! I bought this HUB, but I have a question and I hope I'm not bothering you and I'll be grateful if you can answer.

Will there be no problem with the dongle being connected to the powered USB port?
From what you said, the sound quality will benefit.
But, in the long term, won't the dongle components shorten their useful life because they are receiving a lot of load?

Thanks in advance!! Well, I have no knowledge about electrical components.

Feb 27, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #79 of 106
Hello!! I bought this HUB, but I have a question and I hope I'm not bothering you and I'll be grateful if you can answer.

Will there be no problem with the dongle being connected to the powered USB port?
From what you said, the sound quality will benefit.
But, in the long term, won't the dongle components shorten their useful life because they are receiving a lot of load?

Thanks in advance!! Well, I have no knowledge about electrical components.
This cannot happen because it is the dongle that requests the current and not the hub that pushes it into it... when connected you will see that the instant current requested and therefore received by the dongle will appear on the display. If you notice there will be changes in the reading of the display precisely because the dongle requires that specific wattage in that specific second changing its absorption from time to time, this will be supplied by the switching type power supply with which the hub is equipped and therefore the power of amplification of the dongle will increase by say about 30%. Do a simple test... set the volume on the dongle to a value by listening to it not connected to the hub... and then without changing it connect it to the hub and you will hear how much its power increases, but everything happens in complete safety for it because it will never ask for more current than it can handle. The end result will be a much blacker background, much faster transients, all the musical parameters of the dongle will be pushed to their limits and as I was saying the power of its amplification will increase significantly. The dongle feeds on electricity and you give it better quality, more speed and as much as it wants.

Feb 27, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #80 of 106
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation! Fully understood!
For the price paid for the product and how much it can add to the sound quality, I think it is an important purchase for those who power the dongle directly from the computer's USB.
Great recommendation!
Thanks!

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #81 of 106
I have to thank you @Polky74 for this valuable tip. Never has Melody Gardot sounded so good on the S8 connected to the RU6 in NOS mode. It seems to have more power and the cell phone battery is not drained. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #82 of 106
I have to thank you @Polky74 for this valuable tip. Never has Melody Gardot sounded so good on the S8 connected to the RU6 in NOS mode. It seems to have more power and the cell phone battery is not drained. Thanks!
See those 0.8 watts? No USB device could have provided them to the RU6 and therefore it would never have been able to play as it does now. :wink:

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #83 of 106
See those 0.8 watts? No USB device could have provided them to the RU6 and therefore it would never have been able to play as it does now. :wink:
It's incredible what this small product offers in terms of improving sound quality. Very good! Thanks!!

Edit: It even supplied 1w when I connected the Ibasso DC-elite.
Top!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #84 of 106
It's incredible what this small product offers in terms of improving sound quality. Very good! Thanks!!

Edit: It even supplied 1w when I connected the Ibasso DC-elite.
Top!
Do u have a link to that product?? The pulwtop.

If i use a pc desktop charger with higher output. Lets say more than 20W . Is it also the same as the pulwtop hub??

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #85 of 106
Do u have a link to that product?? The pulwtop.

If i use a pc desktop charger with higher output. Lets say more than 20W . Is it also the same as the pulwtop hub??

Thanks
I bought it on Amazon Spain.

If you are in the US, must have this product on Amazon us.

And about the desktop HUB, I'll let @Polky74 answer. He was the one who gave me this valuable tip.
I don't know how to answer you, sorry!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #86 of 106
Mar 6, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #89 of 106
I have to be honest and say that I can't find a single fault with this amplifier:

1) Very high power and despite this excellent volume regulation even in the absence of gain regulation.
2) Complete transparency towards the DAC that is powering it (don't look for any colouring, it simply doesn't have any).
3) Filling the sound stage without favoring any frequency.
4) Stage at the maximum levels permitted by the DAC and IEM/headphones
5) Practically black background (provided you don't have the iem amplified below 16ohm)
6) Impeccable sound performance respecting the DAC connected to it, what reaches it is amplified (in every sense) and returned tu you.
7) No changes in positioning (forward/backward) of female/male voices, just a thickening of the notes, of the sound in general and lots of air in the highs as well as an incredible separation of the instruments.
8) Essential and solid construction... it lacks nothing and has nothing that is not useful for its purpose.
9) Incredible battery life, while its best competitors only reach 10 hours (balanced), it doubles and almost triples this value.
10) It costs as much as a dongle and less than an IEM cable... and not even the most expensive ones.

I recommend it to anyone who thinks that a dongle/DAP can properly amplify an IEM because it is so simple to drive. Try inserting the RA2BFE into your chain and then try removing it... you will immediately understand how wrong you were.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #90 of 106
I have to be honest and say that I can't find a single fault with this amplifier:

1) Very high power and despite this excellent volume regulation even in the absence of gain regulation.
2) Complete transparency towards the DAC that is powering it (don't look for any colouring, it simply doesn't have any).
3) Filling the sound stage without favoring any frequency.
4) Stage at the maximum levels permitted by the DAC and IEM/headphones
5) Practically black background (provided you don't have the iem amplified below 16ohm)
6) Impeccable sound performance respecting the DAC connected to it, what reaches it is amplified (in every sense) and returned tu you.
7) No changes in positioning (forward/backward) of female/male voices, just a thickening of the notes, of the sound in general and lots of air in the highs as well as an incredible separation of the instruments.
8) Essential and solid construction... it lacks nothing and has nothing that is not useful for its purpose.
9) Incredible battery life, while its best competitors only reach 10 hours (balanced), it doubles and almost triples this value.
10) It costs as much as a dongle and less than an IEM cable... and not even the most expensive ones.

I recommend it to anyone who thinks that a dongle/DAP can properly amplify an IEM because it is so simple to drive. Try inserting the RA2BFE into your chain and then try removing it... you will immediately understand how wrong you were.
It's a superb device.
And the Prime DAC is very good as well.
I feel no need to upgrade ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back