Venture Electronics RA2BFE Impressions and discussion.
Mar 14, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #91 of 106
@Polky74 after listening to your dongles with ra2fe, are you still able to listen to your dongles without? E.g. say if you are on the go. I am considering getting a ra2fe, and selling some gear to maybe save up for a DC elite

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #92 of 106
@Polky74 after listening to your dongles with ra2fe, are you still able to listen to your dongles without? E.g. say if you are on the go. I am considering getting a ra2fe, and selling some gear to maybe save up for a DC elite
Listening to dongles with the RA2BFE is a whole other world and makes things a lot easier for you. I'll give you an example... right now I'm listening to a new dongle that arrived yesterday, an Astell & Kern AKHC4... it's an excellent dongle and for the asking price it's even better, but it has its weak point right in the 'amplification. Used last night with the RA2BFE it could make anything play without any problem, but today I went to work and I certainly don't bring the RA2BFE with me so I had to choose an iem that had excellent synergy with the A&K and I chose the PULA PA02. If I had had the RA2BFE with me I would certainly have chosen the IER-Z1R which with the A&K aided by the RA2BFE is truly a stellar listen. With an amplifier like the RA2BFE your dongle will drive almost anything at maximum and you don't have to worry about power, impedance, synergy (not much at least), when instead you use the dongle alone, the IEM/headphones to play must be chosen with great care more attention to the synergy it develops with that particular dongle. Now I was listening to it without an amplifier with the Hidizs MP145 and it was almost unlistenable due to the unbalance due to the too intrusive presence of the highs. which obviously wouldn't feel much better with the RA2BFE. With the Elite, the RA2BFE and an iem like the PULA PA02 or the SLIIVO SL-41, you can sell everything else. :wink:

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #94 of 106
Just purchased the Astell & Kern PA10... I'm very curious to compare it with my beloved RA2BFE... we'll see...

1_AK_PA10_Dual.jpg

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #95 of 106
The synergy created between the AKHC4, the RA2BFE and the IER-Z1R is truly extraordinary.

Sinergia.jpg

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #97 of 106
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #99 of 106
The synergy created between the AKHC4, the RA2BFE and the IER-Z1R is truly extraordinary.
Hi @Polky74, I have recently acquired a RA2BFE for myself and am enjoying it with my dongle dacs. I am using the stock 4.4 interconnect and have ordered another on the way. I had wanted to ask, does changing the interconnect yield sonic differences?

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #100 of 106
Hi @Polky74, I have recently acquired a RA2BFE for myself and am enjoying it with my dongle dacs. I am using the stock 4.4 interconnect and have ordered another on the way. I had wanted to ask, does changing the interconnect yield sonic differences?
Honestly, I haven't done in-depth a/b tests but upon listening a little more carefully it seems that the sound is denser and fuller. I bought the ddHiFi NYX series interconnects, also due to the fact that I preferred them shorter than the original, but without spending a fortune. Now for example on Hifigo you can get both (4.4mm and 3.5mm) for 120 euros and they seem really well made. I bought the 3.5mm version to use with the Astell & Kern PA10 which should arrive within a few days.

https://hifigo.com/collections/dd/products/ddhifi-nyx-series-bc35b-bc44b?variant=42975597396207

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #101 of 106
akpa1.jpg

Let the challenge begin...

akpa2.jpg

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #102 of 106
From first impressions the A&K has a darker but also more refined sound than the VE... everything is rich in detail and full while the RA2BFE is less colorful and focuses entirely on transparency and power. With a fairy tale you could say "beauty and the beast", but I have to try with more sources and iems. Certainly from a technical point of view they are both very capable, the stage and the positioning of the instruments like the air between them are on par. The sound of the A&K is richer with heavier notes but the RA2BFE has better volume management with more space for action on the volume knob and greater respect for the source upstream which provides much less coloration. The A&K's bass is more present and rich in nuances while that of the VE is drier and faster. It's a great challenge and a lot will depend (as usual) on the synergy they will have with both the DACs and the IEMs.

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #103 of 106
From first impressions the A&K has a darker but also more refined sound than the VE... everything is rich in detail and full while the RA2BFE is less colorful and focuses entirely on transparency and power. With a fairy tale you could say "beauty and the beast", but I have to try with more sources and iems. Certainly from a technical point of view they are both very capable, the stage and the positioning of the instruments like the air between them are on par. The sound of the A&K is richer with heavier notes but the RA2BFE has better volume management with more space for action on the volume knob and greater respect for the source upstream which provides much less coloration. The A&K's bass is more present and rich in nuances while that of the VE is drier and faster. It's a great challenge and a lot will depend (as usual) on the synergy they will have with both the DACs and the IEMs.
Was waiting for your impression vs PA10 as I have been planning to get RA2BFE. The PA10 will get more refined and open after or around 50 hours. It just becomes more effortless if that makes sense. So, keep an eye for that.
But I am still planning to get the VE because the PA10's 4.4 input does not output to 3.5mm and I have a lot of 3.5mm non detachable gears that I enjoy.

Edit: Another reason is that, I feel the VE Prime DAC will be a perfect partner for PA10 with its 4v balanced line out.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #104 of 106
How much is the PA10 though? Looks like more than twice the VE stack

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #105 of 106

Users who are viewing this thread

Back