Venture Electronics RA2BFE Impressions and discussion.
Dec 13, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #16 of 106
Yesterday I had some time to test the amplifier and I'm here to let you know my initial impressions. Let's start by saying that, like all these types of amplifiers, the preferred use remains that of IEMs. What you will listen to through him will be the true soul of your IEMs but also of the very hard to drive earbuds. It is not uncommon, in fact, to find several users online or on this forum who connect this amplifier or others to very expensive DAPs, but my question is... why buy a DAP with expensive and well-implemented amplification and then connect it to an external amplifier? There is only one reason... this amplifier, like all those of this type literally destroy the amplifications implemented in very expensive and exclusive DAPs so in the end why not use it with a dongle? Whatever use you want to make of it, be sure that it will not disappoint you and will bring out the best it can offer you from your beloved IEMs. Power, refinement, details... a stage unknown to your IEMs (when amplified simply by a dongle/dap), a three-dimensionality of the musical scene, an incredible weight of notes and no coloration, this is what it will offer you. What differentiates it from its much more expensive colleagues is something that never hurts... in fact it has no problem making your IEMs play for over 30/40 hours without being recharged (you read that right, 30/40 hours). It only has two limitations, the first is that it is not suitable for driving IEMs below a certain impedance threshold... on the Mest MKII (12.3 ohm) it does not have a completely black background, but if you are not too sensitive to this problem you can listen to it without any problem... but I don't think it is suitable for amplifying even low impedance iems. Last note... don't think that it can replace desktop amplifiers that weigh 3/4/5 kg made for difficult headphones, but it manages without problems to drive headphones like my HER-10D (103db) with extreme ease and authority and I think you won't have any problems doing it even with headphones like the HD6XX or HD800S, but I'll confirm this for you. What is certain is that my HEK Stealth (93db) are easily driven up to unbearable volumes... but this does not mean that it can replace my Cayin iHA-6, volume is one thing, authority is another. But ultimately it's not made for this and none of its competitors are made for this.

Dec 13, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #17 of 106
Very often it is believed (wrongly) that an easy-to-drive IEM sounds the same connected to anything (dongle/DAP) but this is not the case. Whether it is easy or difficult to drive, your IEM needs quality amplification (then if it is also powerful even better) and very often the characteristics of the IEM do not allow you to achieve excellent results with desktop amplifiers (often too powerful) so here the need from which this type of amplifier discussed here was born. Equally often it is believed that replacing an IEM cable with a much more expensive one works miracles, but this is not the case... the cable is a refinement, completion, modelling. The real miracle for your IEMs has only one name: "correct amplification" and this is the prerogative of well-made amplifiers... just like this one (which costs as much as a medium-level cable in which you sometimes place too much hope).

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #18 of 106
If anyone wants to use low impedance iems with the amplifier I recommend using the Hiby impedance adapter which adds 20ohm of impedance to your iems. It is extremely transparent and does not carry out any compression of the sound stage and does not modify the sound in any way, as could happen with the use of other adapters or systems. With the Mest MKII (12.3 ohm) it adds a bit of impedance bringing them more or less to 32 ohm which makes them perfect for the RA2BFE. A valid solution to be able to use this splendid portable amplifier with particularly low impedance IEMs and really be able to listen to them perfectly.

adapter.jpg

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #19 of 106
After some time I can only confirm my initial impressions... the Venture Electronics is truly a top-notch amplifier. For the cost of a cable (not even a top one) you can give your IEMs an amplification that will literally make them fly and your dongles/DAPs the energy and transparency to enjoy them to their maximum potential without adding any appreciable coloration.

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #20 of 106
top.jpg

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #22 of 106
I'm impatiently waiting for my combo...
Specially interested to se how they pair with the Timeless OG
Have you checked the tracking number? It should be on its way home by now...

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #24 of 106
It will repay you with interest for waiting. :wink:

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #25 of 106
Jan 29, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #27 of 106
It arrived at my office last week...
But I'm at home on parent leave 😞...
Not sure if I'm going back to the office before it ends...
But even if that happens, I barely have time to sleep let alone listen to music...
😥
The important thing is that now you have it... and you will have a good reason to return to the office. :wink:

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #29 of 106
True to that!
What IEMs are you pairing with the it
I use it with all IEMs and with almost all headphones (except the HE6SEV2 because it's too hard to drive). The thing I discovered is that being very transparent and despite its enormous power, very modulatable via its volume knob (in fact it has no gain level). I can also use it with IEMs that are very easy to drive as long as they are not hyper-sensitive. If you want to use it with ultra-sensitive IEMs I recommend using it with this 25ohm one:

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=85

The best thing the RA2BFE has is that it greatly increases the technical and driving qualities of the dap/dongle you connect it to. All the iems you connect to it will become completely different from how you have listened to them until now. For example, even a dongle like the Shanling UA3 which in itself is an excellent dongle due to its naturalness, if connected to the amplifier becomes a completely different thing. It respects the characteristics of any dap/dongle source you connect to it, but at the same time increases its performance incredibly. Then, if you want, you can have fun trying out some dongles (provided they have a 4.4mm balanced output) without worrying about the power of their amplification anymore... because they will all have 3 watts into 32 ohms (RA2BFE). :wink: It's an extraordinary object in everything... even as regards the duration of the charge... truly exceptional when compared to that of the products compared to it and which cost up to ten times its price. When you listen to it you will think you have changed everything... dongle, dap, iem, headphones... instead you will only have added the missing link to your chain.

P.S. Then if you really want to exaggerate (like I did) you can equip it with a truly special cable (4,4mm to 4,4mm):

https://hifigo.com/products/ddhifi-nyx-series-bc35b-bc44b?variant=42975597396207

Not because its isn't great... but I wanted it shorter and then I'm sick with cables... lol

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #30 of 106
I use it with all IEMs and with almost all headphones (except the HE6SEV2 because it's too hard to drive). The thing I discovered is that being very transparent and despite its enormous power, very modulatable via its volume knob (in fact it has no gain level). I can also use it with IEMs that are very easy to drive as long as they are not hyper-sensitive. If you want to use it with ultra-sensitive IEMs I recommend using it with this 25ohm one:

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=85

The best thing the RA2BFE has is that it greatly increases the technical and driving qualities of the dap/dongle you connect it to. All the iems you connect to it will become completely different from how you have listened to them until now. For example, even a dongle like the Shanling UA3 which in itself is an excellent dongle due to its naturalness, if connected to the amplifier becomes a completely different thing. It respects the characteristics of any dap/dongle source you connect to it, but at the same time increases its performance incredibly. Then, if you want, you can have fun trying out some dongles (provided they have a 4.4mm balanced output) without worrying about the power of their amplification anymore... because they will all have 3 watts into 32 ohms (RA2BFE). :wink: It's an extraordinary object in everything... even as regards the duration of the charge... truly exceptional when compared to that of the products compared to it and which cost up to ten times its price. When you listen to it you will think you have changed everything... dongle, dap, iem, headphones... instead you will only have added the missing link to your chain.

P.S. Then if you really want to exaggerate (like I did) you can equip it with a truly special cable (4,4mm to 4,4mm):

https://hifigo.com/products/ddhifi-nyx-series-bc35b-bc44b?variant=42975597396207

Not because its isn't great... but I wanted it shorter and then I'm sick with cables... lol
Thanks for the tips.

Did you heard any improvement in SQ with that cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back