Velodyne vPulse Review - Bass lovers rejoice!!!
Sep 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #61 of 109
Quote:
Just want to chime in, coming from the shure se215 I can say I'm enjoying  the vpulse a lot more, bass more clean and detailed, mids are about the same and highs are crispier and detailed. I was very happy with the shure se215, but I'm happier with the vpulse.

[size=10pt]Think I might grab a pair of the vpulse sound great out of interest how are the microphonices in comparison to the SE215 or RE262? And would they work for the gym or going for a run or are they to heavy?? [/size]

Oct 5, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #65 of 109
Wow you really can't get these anywhere out of the US I was hoping to grab a pair online tonight but no one will sell them to me!!! BTW whats the deal with all US shops refusing to sell to any goods to anyone outside of the US even most of the people on ebay and forms tend to all ways state that they will only ship to US 48 or US 50...... hmm I think i just found a way to stimulate the US economy  
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #66 of 109
I am considering the VPulse and SE215. Which one is better in low-end bass response, mids and voice? I heard and read some really good things about both but i am confused on which to put my money on.

Any info will be very useful.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #67 of 109
Love this IEMs, stylish too(gets a lot of glances lol). Sadly though after 10 months, mine is dying, volume goes way down. Its the wire near the jack, cuz when I adjust it, it comes back.

Contact Velodyne, and they will exchange it. So awesome!!!

Im from the Philippines though so I have to send it to them. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #68 of 109
Mine's still going strong.
Glad to hear that Velodyne will honor the warranty without much fuss though.

I can't compare to SE215 because I've never heard a pair but these go pretty darn low.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #69 of 109

DISCLAIMERS

All listening has been done using BIFROST/ASGARD/FLAC. Have not tried on an iPhone yet.
I just realized that half of what I wrote says "bass"
darthsmile.gif

Hey man how do they work out with your asgard? do you have to have the volume really low? seems like alot of amp for a little headphone! I ask because i've been strongly considering the asgard, if not the magni. (But more so for a set of AKG 702's)

I've had my velodyne's since oct. but i've only started enjoying them this last month or so as the plug didn't fit into my last phone.

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #70 of 109
Do you think is it possible to sleep with vpulse on? I mean, is the length of cans is short enough as not to press the inside of the ear while lying down with the ear on a pillow?

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #71 of 109
And, what would your comments about what Maxrabbit saying on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626832/nuforce-to-velodyne-vpulse

"So I can't say I'm thrilled... Listening to the vPulse sounds a bit like listening to a subwoofer; the bass sounds like air pounding into your ears but the instruments and the voice sounds very far away."

Is it that bad? Or what could have been the reason to his impression?

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #72 of 109
Sleep? No i mean unless you tend to sleep flat on your back. I've laid down with them, but as soon as i start dozing off and moving, the pressure they can put on my inner-ear wakes me up. My ears are kind of sensitive though, but i still don't think it would be comfortable.

And you know before i got my Q701's i liked them a lot. Now that I've gotten accustomed to a completely opposite sound, its hard for me to enjoy the vPulse. I did a A/B with these and my Q's going from a cell phone to my magni and from that stand point, i still enjoy them. I think it's only when i use them on my desktop that it becomes not even worth it for me. Maybe it's because on portable audio devices the D/A converters aren't good enough to justify such high quality headphones.

I'd say Maxxrabit made a good point. I think the mid's are recessed enough that vocals do sound distant. Do you use itunes?  You could try this... Turn the eq on and set it to "Vocal booster" and then turn it off a couple times. That's the difference i hear when i'm using my speakers then plugging in the vpulse in mid song. Vocals feel muffled in the mix. Like i said this isn't nearly as dramatic when using a portable player or a cell phone. I enjoy the bass and overall sound out of a celly, but only if that's the sound your looking for.

May 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #73 of 109
How do these compare to the EPH100?

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #74 of 109
Quote:
Wow you really can't get these anywhere out of the US I was hoping to grab a pair online tonight but no one will sell them to me!!! BTW whats the deal with all US shops refusing to sell to any goods to anyone outside of the US even most of the people on ebay and forms tend to all ways state that they will only ship to US 48 or US 50...... hmm I think i just found a way to stimulate the US economy  
wink.gif

The vPulse are now available in Canada and Europe through the local Amazon market places.  

Also in our E-bay store the vPulse are shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Sweden, South Africa

Community Disclaimer:  Rob Morse is the Director of Support Services for Velodyne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back