Velodyne vPulse Review - Bass lovers rejoice!!!
Mar 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #46 of 109
http://www.shure.com/americas/products/accessories/earphones-headphones/sleeves/index.htm
i changed from Comply to Shure's foam tips (The largest size).  I had to pull out the plastic core because Shure nozzles are much smaller in diameter.​
These sound even better than the Comply.  And they're much nicer [more durable].  I don't know where to get them alone though.  I found them on Shure's website.​

​

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #47 of 109
Are these the sleeve type tips? If so, what color are they?

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #48 of 109
i think its the first one on the top of that Shure webpage.  it's black.  i think they're called Shure "olives" by head-fiers.
they're very dense, which I like.

​

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #49 of 109
the center plastic sleeve is incredibly resilient, you don't have to remove it.  I have stretched mine over many IEMs with a pair of fine tip needle nose

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #52 of 109
yup!  that's the shure foam sleeves.  nice that you found it on amazon, i didn't even think to look there.  you can get small, medium, or large packs.
i'm not 100% sure that I like the shure sleeves better than the comply in terms of sound, but they last longer.  the downside is that you have to core it to fit it onto the vpulse nozzle.

​

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #53 of 109
i can't really compare because i've only listened to the atrios for a few minutes [it's a friend's].  But, i think the sound signatures share in common: fun, awesome [quality and quantity] bass, and [for me] clear mids and highs. [i think i'm quite a basshead though].

​

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #54 of 109
Hey, fusion, can you do me a favor and measure the diameter of the Shure foam tip?
Or, compare it to the largest tips that came with the vPulse?
vPulse tips are almost exactly 14mm in diameter at its thickest part (measured from the side). Is the Shure tip wider or same at least?
Thanks!

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #55 of 109
Got the blue set last week.
Waiting to put my Fiio amp to it, when I get that, this week.
I really can't comment on the mids and highs...honestly average. which can be good.

But they do deliver, on the tight deep sub bass.

And I appreciate their honest specs of 20 - 20k ...nothing insane like 3 - 80k..lol

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #56 of 109

Quote:
Just registered to give my two cents on these earphones -- though I am not an audiophile and do not know technical terms as well as you all. :) With that in mind, the depth of the bass reminds me of the JVC Xtreme Xplosives, though those earphones had the bass overpower everything else volume-wise in a way that I don't hear with these. The treble is also not as harsh as with the Xtreme Xplosives. Finally, these babies are smaller than those were.

More of a comparison than a review, I know, but they are similar to my ears. (With the exception that these actually sound pretty good overall. :p )

I think though, for the price of £18, the JVCs still make a great buy, and with the right player they sound brilliant.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #57 of 109
joker has the vpulse review up and it pretty much mirrors my experience.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-232-iems-compared-fischer-audio-dba-02-mkii-added-03-25-12

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #58 of 109
Thanks for posting the great information about our vPulse headphones! Anyone in the US can currently purchase them directly from our website: www.velodyne.com. We are working on a solution for shipping outside the U.S. which should be resolved very soon! We appreciate the interest! We have a couple of promotions running right now - If you buy an Impact-10 in the month of March 2012, you get a set of vPulse free with purchase. We also have a contest - submit a photo of you or a friend rocking our vPulse headphones and enter to win $500!

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #59 of 109

Quote:
Thanks for posting the great information about our vPulse headphones! Anyone in the US can currently purchase them directly from our website: www.velodyne.com. We are working on a solution for shipping outside the U.S. which should be resolved very soon! We appreciate the interest! We have a couple of promotions running right now - If you buy an Impact-10 in the month of March 2012, you get a set of vPulse free with purchase. We also have a contest - submit a photo of you or a friend rocking our vPulse headphones and enter to win $500!

Welcome to HF!
By the way, you probably want to contact HF and register as a vendor/sponsor if you want to post product news, contests and such.

May 13, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #60 of 109
Just want to chime in, coming from the shure se215 I can say I'm enjoying  the vpulse a lot more, bass more clean and detailed, mids are about the same and highs are crispier and detailed. I was very happy with the shure se215, but I'm happier with the vpulse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back