Velodyne vPulse Review - Bass lovers rejoice!!!
Feb 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #16 of 109
I wanted to get the MTPG or MTPC too, but it seems this is non existent in the UK :l..

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #17 of 109

I doubt that either the MTPC or MTPG would be worth getting.  I have the Copper and I like the vpulse better.
Not sure if you've heard this CNET review
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57362879-47/velodynes-first-headphone-is-a-bass-lovers-delight/
here's a quote from the reviewer:​
"I compared the quality and quantity of bass with what I heard from my [size=inherit][/size] in-ears ($300), which have potent bass response, and the vPulse had a lot more low-end fullness." 

i'll let you know about the Rockford Fosgate Punch Plugs and the Kicker EB101 if i get them!​
 ​
Quote:

Yeah, that bass is VERY addicting and satisfying especially when I think it can't go any lower, it does!
I was planing to buy a pair of MPTC or MPTG but I guess I don't have now
biggrin.gif

Brightness is perfect for my liking and I consider that a bonus in IEMs like these. I never knew RF and Kicker made IEMs. IF you do get around to compare them, let me know as I would be very interested. Sucks about the mesh screen. Mine didn't have any problem.

​

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #18 of 109
I had the punch Plugs for a while and thought were pretty good for the $, would love to see how the Vpulse compares.

Feb 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #19 of 109
@"
Dougeefresh"

THANKS !
Exciting review ! :)

Just a humble sideline commentary: Re: "Deeper than "20Hz" , because I can feel it"

- - well , a * CLEAN * 20Hz is mostly to FEEL...

20 Hz is really on the border on hearing perception as "a tone" or "a sound".

But in the end all that is really academic: THE IMPORTANT THING IS *THE SENSATION* one gets listening to
whatever gadget is tested, right ?

:)

Thanks again !

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #20 of 109
Anywher i can get these in the UK?

Thanks 

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #21 of 109

Quote:

THANKS !
Exciting review ! :)

Just a humble sideline commentary: Re: "Deeper than "20Hz" , because I can feel it"

- - well , a * CLEAN * 20Hz is mostly to FEEL...

20 Hz is really on the border on hearing perception as "a tone" or "a sound".

But in the end all that is really academic: THE IMPORTANT THING IS *THE SENSATION* one gets listening to
whatever gadget is tested, right ?

:)

Thanks again !

I keep going back and forth between my other headphones and besides the D7000 which is known for its sub-bass, vPulse is the only pair I can feel the low freq. Just so addictive!

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #22 of 109

Quote:
Anywher i can get these in the UK?

Thanks 

I don't think there's any. Seems like availability is very limited, only in the US for now...

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #23 of 109
I know someone selling a pair for cheap that may be willing to ship overseas.  PM me if you want details

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #25 of 109
It's official: my Velodyne vPulse IEM's are up for sale: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?p=601424#post601424

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #27 of 109
Mar 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #28 of 109
Any particular tips anyone would suggest to go with these? I'm a fan of as much isolation as I can get, but I'm wondering if going with something like Complys (which aren't rated for these IEMs yet, so I PMed the Comply rep on this board) would make the bass too overwhelming. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #29 of 109

Quote:
Any particular tips anyone would suggest to go with these? I'm a fan of as much isolation as I can get, but I'm wondering if going with something like Complys (which aren't rated for these IEMs yet, so I PMed the Comply rep on this board) would make the bass too overwhelming. 

I found the tips came with them work quite well, single flange.

I already asked the Compy folks and this is what they said:

Our Engineers have not tested the Velodyne vPulse earphones for compatibility with our tips, so for now, unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a solution.  For safety and insurance concerns we cannot recommend using our Comply™ Foam Tips with an earphone model we have not tested.

However!  We do have this one on the short list for purchasing to bring here and test!  There are many variables and factors that go into our testing procedure including diameter, length of sound port, material of sound port, retention forces, etc...  So while I can say we are testing – I can’t promise compatibility.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #30 of 109
i couldn't get a good seal with the stock tips and so no real bass.
i'm using comply foam tips.  it's a big snug to get on.  but, for me, the sound is spectacular b/c of the seal.  AWESOME bass and sub-bass AND mids and highs are clean/clear. [not muddled].

​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back